August 29, 2014 | 1890 users online

Eye Shadow - Everyday Minerals - Rare Silk

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by lauriesbooks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this several years ago so I cannot attest to it's current quality. I had a lot of these from EveryDay Minerals that were just in a box, this particular one had not even been unsealed. As I have gotten older, I have to limit the shimmer I use on my eyes but I still want some highlighting under my eyebrows. So it's perfect for me, nice cool ivory shade. I like it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 7:39:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Well it's matte, which I like, and it's super-easy to blend, but to me Rare Silk looks and feels exactly like mineral foundation. It provides a nice base for my eyelids, but all in all, I just don't see the point of using it on my pale skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by bellaplutt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received this as one of 4 extra samples with my last order, and I love it! I also got Wildflowers Eyeshadow and those 2 complement each other perfectly! Thanks Everyday!! :)
I use Rare Silk on my whole lid and Wildflowers in the crease, a perfect everyday look that looks polished and pretty!

Rare Silk is a light beige-grey that makes a great matte base

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2008 12:53:00 AM More reviews by heinyliciouz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Rare Silk is a matte shadow in cream/vanilla. I don't really use this shadow, it's a little too light for me. But it makes a pretty decent base for eyelids and sometimes I use it as a highlighter for my nose.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2008 12:20:00 AM More reviews by secondadonna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very plain light beige matte shadow -- not thrilling, but a useful tool in your bag of tricks for using as a base or for toning down over-enthusiastic application of other shades. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 10:58:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Goes on chalky then after a while give my lids a brightening effect. then after an even long while it looks chalky and cakey.

i don't know, maybe i will try this as a base, def won't repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2008 1:05:00 PM More reviews by kelly0706

Great light color that can be used for a base or just a clean natural look. Probably would not look good on darker skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2008 5:13:00 AM More reviews by mizvanilla

I love this colour!! I use it on itīs own whenever I want a natural refreshed look or as a highlighter or base for other shades. The texture is almost creamy even though itīs a powder. I will definitely keep buying this again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2008 5:27:00 PM More reviews by yvonyvonnette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This stuff has a nice creme color in the jar but when applied, it turns grey. The quality and ease off application of this stuff is good enough but this really wasn't the color i was going for. It has a silky matte texture and last *almost* all day, which is good enough for me. If I actually wanted a soft, pale grey, this stuff would be great. But since I don't, I'm gonna have to to give this product 3 lipees and say that no, I would not repurchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2007 10:42:00 PM More reviews by pinkynono

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a matte finish base e/s and i found this one. it didn't work for me as i thought it would be. I am fair, I can wear olive fair or golden fair in EM, but this one not only did not show up on my lids, but also left a grey-ish chalky look.