April 19, 2014 | 1653 users online

Eye Shadow - Everyday Minerals - Rare Silk

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by lauriesbooks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this several years ago so I cannot attest to it's current quality. I had a lot of these from EveryDay Minerals that were just in a box, this particular one had not even been unsealed. As I have gotten older, I have to limit the shimmer I use on my eyes but I still want some highlighting under my eyebrows. So it's perfect for me, nice cool ivory shade. I like it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 4:53:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Creamy beige with an ashy grey undertone. Such an unflattering dull color on very pale gold skin, it simply sucks all the light out of my eyes and makes me look old and tired. It doesn't stick properly to skin, doesn't blend properly and it fades away.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 7:39:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Well it's matte, which I like, and it's super-easy to blend, but to me Rare Silk looks and feels exactly like mineral foundation. It provides a nice base for my eyelids, but all in all, I just don't see the point of using it on my pale skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by bellaplutt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received this as one of 4 extra samples with my last order, and I love it! I also got Wildflowers Eyeshadow and those 2 complement each other perfectly! Thanks Everyday!! :)
I use Rare Silk on my whole lid and Wildflowers in the crease, a perfect everyday look that looks polished and pretty!

Rare Silk is a light beige-grey that makes a great matte base

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2008 12:53:00 AM More reviews by heinyliciouz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Rare Silk is a matte shadow in cream/vanilla. I don't really use this shadow, it's a little too light for me. But it makes a pretty decent base for eyelids and sometimes I use it as a highlighter for my nose.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2008 12:20:00 AM More reviews by secondadonna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very plain light beige matte shadow -- not thrilling, but a useful tool in your bag of tricks for using as a base or for toning down over-enthusiastic application of other shades. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 10:58:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Goes on chalky then after a while give my lids a brightening effect. then after an even long while it looks chalky and cakey.

i don't know, maybe i will try this as a base, def won't repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2008 1:05:00 PM More reviews by kelly0706

Great light color that can be used for a base or just a clean natural look. Probably would not look good on darker skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2008 5:13:00 AM More reviews by mizvanilla

I love this colour!! I use it on itīs own whenever I want a natural refreshed look or as a highlighter or base for other shades. The texture is almost creamy even though itīs a powder. I will definitely keep buying this again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2008 5:27:00 PM More reviews by yvonyvonnette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This stuff has a nice creme color in the jar but when applied, it turns grey. The quality and ease off application of this stuff is good enough but this really wasn't the color i was going for. It has a silky matte texture and last *almost* all day, which is good enough for me. If I actually wanted a soft, pale grey, this stuff would be great. But since I don't, I'm gonna have to to give this product 3 lipees and say that no, I would not repurchase again.