Everyday Minerals Rare Silk

Not tested on animals

on 10/27/2012 6:57:00 PM

I bought this several years ago so I cannot attest to it's current quality. I had a lot of these from EveryDay Minerals that were just in a box, this particular one had not even been unsealed. As I have gotten older, I have to limit the shimmer I use on my eyes but I still want some highlighting under my eyebrows. So it's perfect for me, nice cool ivory shade. I like it!

on 2/11/2010 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Well it's matte, which I like, and it's super-easy to blend, but to me Rare Silk looks and feels exactly like mineral foundation. It provides a nice base for my eyelids, but all in all, I just don't see the point of using it on my pale skin.

on 10/2/2009 2:02:00 PM

I received this as one of 4 extra samples with my last order, and I love it! I also got Wildflowers Eyeshadow and those 2 complement each other perfectly! Thanks Everyday!! :)
I use Rare Silk on my whole lid and Wildflowers in the crease, a perfect everyday look that looks polished and pretty!

Rare Silk is a light beige-grey that makes a great matte base

on 11/15/2008 12:53:00 AM

Rare Silk is a matte shadow in cream/vanilla. I don't really use this shadow, it's a little too light for me. But it makes a pretty decent base for eyelids and sometimes I use it as a highlighter for my nose.

on 10/5/2008 12:20:00 AM

Very plain light beige matte shadow -- not thrilling, but a useful tool in your bag of tricks for using as a base or for toning down over-enthusiastic application of other shades. :)

on 9/7/2008 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Goes on chalky then after a while give my lids a brightening effect. then after an even long while it looks chalky and cakey.

i don't know, maybe i will try this as a base, def won't repurchase again.

on 8/22/2008 1:05:00 PM

Great light color that can be used for a base or just a clean natural look. Probably would not look good on darker skin tones.

on 3/31/2008 5:13:00 AM

I love this colour!! I use it on itīs own whenever I want a natural refreshed look or as a highlighter or base for other shades. The texture is almost creamy even though itīs a powder. I will definitely keep buying this again and again.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This stuff has a nice creme color in the jar but when applied, it turns grey. The quality and ease off application of this stuff is good enough but this really wasn't the color i was going for. It has a silky matte texture and last *almost* all day, which is good enough for me. If I actually wanted a soft, pale grey, this stuff would be great. But since I don't, I'm gonna have to to give this product 3 lipees and say that no, I would not repurchase again.

on 12/15/2007 10:42:00 PM

I was looking for a matte finish base e/s and i found this one. it didn't work for me as i thought it would be. I am fair, I can wear olive fair or golden fair in EM, but this one not only did not show up on my lids, but also left a grey-ish chalky look.

Top Rated Everyday Minerals Products