November 28, 2014 | 1391 users online

Eye Shadow - Everyday Minerals - Smokey

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This isn't deep black, it looks more gray black, but more on the black side. It's great wet or dry as liner, stays put all day. I have a sample size and it would have lasted forever, except the lids on the sample sizes don't always thread easily or evenly, and it dumped out the sides all over my makeup drawer. I know this stuff stays put when I tried to clean it up, it took a lot of hot water and soap. Highly pigmented and versatile application, it's a great product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 12:17:00 PM More reviews by sara942

Wouldn't buy it again because the generous 1g sample is probably all I'll ever need. It's a pretty smokey shade, easy to apply, but sort of itches throughout the day, so one lippie off for that. Totally matte, deep charcoal-- almost black; you could easily sub this for any black eyeliner for a slightly softer look. Itchy but pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2009 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Ryleen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Smokey is a great liner color for those who can't wear a pure black. It's a black/dark brown color that looks very soft but also has definition. If you are looking for a real black for liner, I suggest Maples and Mums.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by shan1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this product to dry or wet line with. It's not as harsh as black and looks pretty good for those who can't wear a pure black - like me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2009 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

The color of this shadow really is black in my opinion. As, it goes on dark and rich (when used wet) and it stays on all day on the eye.

It really is a great product to do a smokey eye with!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2009 12:59:00 AM More reviews by hanabi318

This is such a wonderful color to use as an eyeliner or to fill in my brows. It's not a true black color but rather a deep charcoal/gray color. When I use it dry to line my eyes, it creates a really soft line that has a shadow effect, filling in the spaces between my sparse eyelashes and making it look like I have fuller lashes. I have black/dark brown hair, and this darkens my brows so well. No more looking for eyebrow powder or pencil that ends up looking too dark or too brown with red undertone. It easily blends into my eyebrows. The sample size would last forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2008 1:36:00 PM More reviews by babyy_yn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a darker gray eyeliner. It really looks like charcoal or something(the color i mean). The staying power is great. I actually use a lip brush to apply this liner, because the precision is good and you get a more even line, plus lip brushes are so much softer. This is also great as an eyeshadow for a smokey eye

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2008 9:11:00 AM More reviews by xhanglikeastar

I love this shadow; it makes a fantastic liner, whether you wear it dry or wet. When applied dry, the liner creates a soft, smokey look-- like its name implies. Applied wet, the liner creates a crisp, clean, neat line. I would definitely use this over any stick or liquid eyeliner. I apply this with EM's eyeshadow brush (using the thin tip) and have never had any problems with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2008 10:26:00 PM More reviews by EstheticianJen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this. I feel that it's a very neutral black--not too grey, not too brown. I've used it to great effect in my eyebrows, as well. This is just a really, really versatile color and I'd buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2008 5:26:00 PM More reviews by mmmellowdee

Love this as an eyeliner. Naturally works fantastic for a smokey eye. Great price, great product. As always with EM. I love them.