December 18, 2014 | 1664 users online

Loose Powders - Avon - Personal Match Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2009 10:42:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is a good, reasonably priced loose powder. I had no problem finding the right color. It leaves a nice finish, doesn't get cakey on me, and gives a nice matte look without being drying. I don't use this all the time, so the container lasts forever. But a little goes a long way.

Avon used to have a product called Turn it Loose Powder mill, which was a pressed powder that had a shaver so you could shave off just enough for one use, then it was not messy. I preferred that, but this is still good.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2008 4:20:00 AM More reviews by xPRiNC3SSAx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

PROS:
- LASTS VERY LONG!
- VERY CHEAP
- EASY TO BLEND
- EASY TO APPLY
- MAKES MAKEUP LAST A LONG TIME! AND PREVENTS IT FROM SMUDGING

CONS:
- LIMITED SHADES
- MAKES ME LOOK ORANGE
- AWFUL SMELL
- BREAKOUTS
- SETTLES INTO LINES
- MAKES PORES WORSE

ONLY GAVE IT TWO LIPPIES COZ IT MAKES ME LOOK LIKE AN OOMPA!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2008 5:57:00 AM More reviews by HanLuna

Ok so i have used this product for months.I don't usually use powder after my foundation as i don't want the geisha look.However,i don't want to waste this so i used it recently again and i find that it seals the foundation i applied before.

However by the next day,i was handsomely rewarded with red bumps on my cheeks and the sides of my mouth.I never had any problems before when i use my liquid foundation alone.This will be at the very end of my wardrobe in the Hall Of Shame area!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2008 3:52:00 PM More reviews by pizdamomma

Absolutely in love with this product. I have VERY OILY acne prone skin. I've used countless products (toners, moisturizers, powders, oil sheets) to control the shine, but no matter what I did, my skin became oily within minutes. So I found this in my mother's draw and used it (took it since she didn't use it anyway.. haha.) Gave my face a beautiful matte finish without giving me that "over-powdered' look. My face stayed oil free throughout the day. I also love that the powder doesn't spill all over my bag like all the other powders I've used. A must have for those who want to control oil!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2008 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Milisenta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

i got it in porcellain and expected it to be light both in color and texture- my skin is very fair so every smallest nuance in color makes a difference.

i found it to be too light- almost white on my skin, so it looks as if i put wheat flour on my face! Also i tried to apply it with a brush, with different puffs- doesn't work at all. it feels to heavy and doesn't spread evenly at all.

definitely not gonna buy it again- i was disappointed because i used to have a personal match foundation previously and it was so good!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2008 5:53:00 AM More reviews by ThickLashDarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Worst powder i've ever used. Feels weird on your face, and i always have the urge to rub it off!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2007 10:12:00 AM More reviews by frumushika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

unexpectedly good. i use it over my colorstay foundation and it provides a light, sheer, matte finish. nice packaging. cheap price..... almost perfect :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2007 12:07:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this in "Porcelain." My first thought upon seeing it was, "Oh, no; this is going to be too peachy for me!" I'm NW15; brunette; green eyes.

BUT when I applied a light dusting with a big fluffy powder brush, this powder didn't look too peachy, and did a good job of rendering chronically shiny areas like my nose and cheeks matte, but not a chalky/masky matte.

I deduct one lippie total on account of packaging(a sifter can be a good thing, but I had a hard time getting a reasonable amount of powder through this sifter) and the powder's slight tendency to clump.

Overall, it's a good, though not exciting, product. I'd buy it again. I do wish that there were a wider selection of shades.
FURTHER NOTE: I discovered that if I add a little of Pure Luxe's Translucent Matte Setting Powder to "Porcelain," I get the perfect matte-but-not-masky finishing powder for my extremely oily NW15 skin. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2007 5:37:00 PM More reviews by marian74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have always been a revlon pressed powder girl but when I started selling Avon, I wanted to try this product. It's packaged nicely, so that spills are limited. I apply it with the included puff and always get a nice, smooth application. It lasts longer than the pressed powders and you definitely get your money worth!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2007 6:45:00 PM More reviews by hayeda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I never was a "loose powder" kind of gal. It always seemed too messy to me. I never thought that it was worth the effort. But some makeup artists recommendations that I read online made me try it for once. I took my chances with Avon's Personal Match. I am so glad that I did. Pressed powders (no matter which brand I have tried -including Lancome) always look artificial and caked on. But this stuff, when applied with a soft large face brush is exactly like satin. And completely undetectable. I have combination face and this powder works wonders for people with my type of skin. It has a very soft and silky finish which mattifies my oily areas and balances my drier areas. Just as promisted. I chose the Beige color and I was worried that it might be too dark but it turned out to be perfect for my fair-to-olive skin.

From Avon's Website:
Personal Match Makeup is formulated with all the essential skin-true pigments needed to match over 98% of skin tones. Also adds moisture or absorbs excess oil where needed, and protects against pollutants and other environmental stressors. A sweep of featherweight powder makes a world of difference. The self-balancing, "self liquifying," formula leaves an even, velvety finish.

Ingredients: TALC, SILICA, DIMETHICONE, CALCIUM SILICATE, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, ZINC STEARATE, SQUALANE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, KAOLIN, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE,
LECITHIN,LAURYL PCA,POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE,ZINC PCA, HYDROXYAPATITE, BHT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ZINC OXIDE, GLYCERIN, METHICONE,
BASSIA LATIFOLIA SEED BUTTER, ISOSTEARYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER, RETINYL PALMITATE, SODIUM POLYACRYLATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, SUCROSE DISTEARATE, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, TOCOPHEROL, SODIUM PCA, UREA, ATELOCOLLAGEN, SODIUM HYALURONATE,
TREHALOSE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM CHONDROITIN SULFATE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE,