November 24, 2014 | 1970 users online

Concealers - NYX - Full Coverage Concealer Jar

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by veralynn225

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is kind of greasy, it tends to slide all over my face. It's also not crazy pigmented so it's not like it's blendable, it's just greasy and sheer and wears off after an hour or two, like most drugstore products. Don't get me wrong, there's a few drugstore gems out there, this just isn't one of them.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by sekhmet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm actually fairly new to concealers. When I was young I had severe acne, so I just applied a lot of foundation and powder to my whole face. More recently, when I started using mineral foundation, I would just use a concealer brush to apply an extra layer of that beneath my eyes. My skin is now showing more signs of aging, however, so I've been checking out concealers. This is actually about the second or third I've tried. I do like it, but obviously at this price point, it's not going to blow your socks off. The shade I have is porcelain, which works well for my very fair skin. I actually like the tiny pot, but it's hard to get a finger in there if you want to apply the product that way. I use a brush to apply the concealer to my skin, then use my fingers to blend. I use it under my eyes (for puffiness and shadows), and around my nose, on my chin, and sometimes on my cheek area near my nose (for redness). The NYX concealer is not as creamy as the other concealer I use on a regular basis, but it still blends out nicely. I think the fact that it's not quite as creamy makes it last longer on my face. Along with the rest of my face, I set the concealed areas with powder. The coverage is good but not heavy-duty. (I don't mind this, because I would rather have my face look somewhat imperfect than caked in makeup.) The concealer seems to last most of the workday, although the oils in my skin cause it to fade somewhat over time. I don't know that I *will* buy this concealer again, as I will probably be tempted by something illuminating or depuffing or whatever. But I definitely *would* buy it again, because it is a good basic concealer at a reasonable price.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by kidrauh1

Not sure if it was just my product but this just didn't work for me. Product was very dry. Used this once or twice. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2014 2:28:00 AM More reviews by ambe3zy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great budget concealer. It has a smooth, blendable application and provides good coverage that lasts all day. I use it daily under my eyes to hide any dark circles and hyperpigmentation. For around $6 a jar, you can't really go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by beardown95

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Being a person that has dark circles under my eyes this was a life saver. It really does offer full coverage and it is lightweight. I do however suggest you first prime the areas that you want to conceal because it does crease a little. But other that that little problem I love it. And at around $6, you cant beat that.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by fleurne

The jar is tiny, but is good for its price. It blends well, but you need to add a little bit more to have a nice coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by zaprina

I pretty much love this product. I have a decent amount of redness on my nose, cheeks, a little from acne scars, and it even covered my under eye bags a little (yes, I do know green is basically from redness) I'm not crazy about the jar packaging but it works well with a brush. It's a thick concealer and is a bit oily in my opinion but I would definitely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by CastlesMadeOfSand

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very basic concealer: for me it was a keeper because I bought it on sale and the "beige" shade is a perfect match for my skin. To keep it as hygenic as possible, I use a concealer brush to apply the product to my skin; however, because it has a thick consistency, I find that I get the best results by blending it with my finger and/or my Real Technique's Miracle Complexion Sponge (Beauty Blender dupe.) I don't find it creamy enough to use under my eyes, but it offers decent coverage for blemishes, and I like it as a reverse lip liner as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by smile317

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I hated this concealer because it is so thick and the packaging isn't very hygienic. Also, the shade selection isn't great; the darkest color was way too light for me. However, I've learned how versatile this product is. I use it to "clean up" around my eyebrows and also as an eye shadow base. This concealer lasts all day, rarely creases on me, and is actually quite easy to work with if you warm it up with your finger. The only con I can think of is the crappy packaging. You constantly have to dip your finger in the little jar and that could create a giant bacterial buildup.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

I really liked this at first. It's the closest dupe for the discontinued MAC concealer I loved without the extensive color selection. This requires a bit of playing to apply quite right. It needs thorough priming of the skin, warming in the container or on the hand before application, and a mix of brushing and patting for the undereye and cheek area.

I'm iffy on this being used with full foundation as one or the other will interfere or layer strangely. I like to use this with tinted moisturizer or a mostly translucent powder. I've found other products that work slightly better, so this is middle-of-the-line.