April 23, 2014 | 1316 users online

Concealers - NYX - Full Coverage Concealer Jar

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by eggplooch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Pigmented, good coverage, poor lasting power.

As a fan of many NYX products I also had to give their Full Coverage Concealer a go.
The product goes on smooth, it's easy to apply and blend. It has enough pigment and nicely covers up areas needing coverage. My HG concealer/corrector is Cover All Mix by Make Up Store and I wish that one was as light to wear as this one is (cover all mix is far better nevertheless, check my profile for a review).

I have very dark eye bags by nature and after finding the right shade NYX covered the dark circles enough for me to be satisfied. Not perfectly, but I was satisfied. I'm looking for long lasting coverage with my concealers and this is where this product came off short. Just after few hours, after my face got slightly oily, this product came off almost by itself and started creasing to the fine lines under my eyes. Definitely needed reapplying too soon which I find very unsatisfying. After trying it for few days I decided this product doesn't work well with oily skin like mine.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Juliabuszac

This concealer is really good! amazing coverage. Its really light so that you cant even feel a thing. Yet, it comes off pretty easily. So if you use this concealer, make sure to carry it around with you to re apply. All in all, love it! I will use it again. (awesome price) got it for 3 dollars!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 3:26:00 AM More reviews by Keekeekhatun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was actually using this for blemishes and it's pretty good for that, more creamy than mac studio finish but thus requires setting, it covers well and works for dry skin. I used this under my eyes the other day and OMG it's amazing. Goes on smooth with a brush and then blend out with a sponge, I wear layers of it to get that really light under eye and it does not look cakey or dry!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Lorel1

Great under eye concealer!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by kittyinglasses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am pleasantly surprised at home much I love this product!

I bought this in the shade CJ12 - Green.

The price is fair, the amount that you get for how well it works is great and it honestly works perfectly with my combination, acne-prone, sensitive skin. It doens't burn, it doesn't break me out, it covers my hyperpigmentation and redness well, it doesn't look cakey and it doesn't show through my foundation strongly.

You get a good amount of product considering how little you need to use. Trust me, a little bit goes a long way if you're as pale as me. I'm not really fond of the jar packaging, just because I feel it distorts the amount of product you seem to get. I think the price is fair, although, I'm in Canada, and as far as I know it's even cheaper in the States (I think it was a bit over $5 or 6).

I'm honestly really pleased with this concealer, since I've had problems with green concealers in the past being not pigmented enough, breaking me out horribly, being too cakey or thick to the point where it won't blend out, etc., etc.
I will definitely repurchase this when (or if!) I ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Marcelissima

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite concealer! Long lasting in the face and the jar lasts forever! Love it so much.Buying my third jar (5 years using).

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by DezzyDee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in light and medium. The two are very different, not just in terms of shade. They both smell really bad, like a chemically smell, but the medium smels stronger. The medium is dry and hard to apply and blend, and the light is very creamy, and easy to overblend. And you cant tell the color from the package. Medium is too dark and orange, light is too light. It does work pretty well at covering pimples. Overall this is an ok product. Not awesome, not terrible, but ok. I would repurchase because it does conceal pretty well.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 6:53:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am tempted to give this a 5-star rating, as I really love this product!! I was suprised as I thought it would be really weak coverage, but it actually does a great job over most of my under-eye correctors. I always need at least 2 products for my under-eye. The best thing about this product is the feel of it...it feels very skin-friendly, no harsh ingredients, so my skin and sensitive break-out areas and eyes don't feel itchy and caked-up. The formula is creamy with a fluffy kind of texture that seems to give it that extra coverage over dark spots. I find I like using this more than my Bobbi Brown and other more expensive concealers because it is quick, easy, feels nice, covers well, and blends in better into my foundation. This is important to me because I don't like getting patches of color on my eye-area that don't blend in to my nose. (Also, just a question, but WHY would anyone using this on their eyes ever skip setting powder??? Just WHY! Lol.) Anyway this is a GREAT product! Not quite HG but very good.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Seaofcity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this concealer strictly for shaping and cleaning up my brows. A+
Not sure how it would be on blemishes as it is pretty thick but I definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 9:58:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Wow is all I can say - just 'wow'! I love my Maybelline Fit Me concealer but only for my dark circles. For scars, spots and hyperpigmentation I need a slightly darker colour and a less liquid formula. I've tried various concealers over the years with mixed results but I bought the NYX concealer on the recommendation of MUA reviewers - it didn't cost me that much to get it from the US via EBay so I was prepared for another 'miss' but I should have had more faith! To me, it's a creamy, slightly waxy paste so unless you are oily you need to moisturise well beforehand, even if touching up, especially if you intend to use it on dry/dehydrated skin or on your dark circles (I have very dry undereyes). Then sheer out under the eyes or just pat gently elsewhere. Amazingly, it does not settle into lines if you are light-handed with your powder. I have the Beige - 04 which is ideal on my spots etc. but slightly too dark for my undereyes. I am currently NC25-30 with yellow undertones, but it's quite neutral. Thank you Ladies!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No