October 23, 2014 | 2007 users online

Skincare - Body - Mario Badescu - Special Cleansing Lotion O

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by CocoaSkinChi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Although I've had chest, upper back and shoulder acne for most of my 20s, I didn't begin treating it until about a year ago. I didn't know there was an option. For the longest, I thought it was heat bumps that come whenever my body overheats.

I got into the Mario Badescu skincare line and thought I'd give it a try. I apply it by shaking the bottle agressively then slapping it on and letting it dry. I do not extract remaining dirt with it using a cotton ball. I know that I should and will try it but I didn't.

Despite skipping this step, the product seems to work. If I use it daily for 3-4 days the acne is gone. I almost always have at least 1-2 NEW bumps on my chest and 3-4 NEW ones on my back. They are always small white pumps that are red and they pop easily. I only care about the new ones because once they are gone they are gone. Note: I may not be realizing that they come back to life....haven't been observing them much because I'm just used to having chacne and backne.

I rate the packaging as a 3 because its for the chest and back. It would be nice if there was a spray option for this product so that I can get to my back. I am single so this can be a task. Then again they probably don't offer that because its to be applied with a cotton ball and wiped away.

I'm going to update this review again when I apply this product as directed and get back to you. I still get acne bumps despite using it, but they only stay for a day or so, which is much better than before.

Will I buy this product again? Absolutely! It is the only product for chest and back acne that I've tried and I am satisfied. Will I test other products? Of course! However for my sanity I'd need a bottle of this around unless something better can completely replace its benefits.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Jessstones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Before I started using the Clarisonic Mia 2- I would use this as my go-to toner. I really like it. The smell isn't fabulous but other than that I like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2014 4:52:00 AM More reviews by bornbackwards

I have a little acne in my chest area and quite a bit on my shoulders and upper back. I feel like this cleans up any dirt or sweat that wasn't washed off in the shower but sadly, it hasn't really cleared up anything. It made me shoulders scaly from how drying it is- use a lotion with it. And it smells bad. I wish it worked for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by lestrange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've struggled with bacne since I hit puberty. I've tried the basic acne body washes like Neutrogena, and none ever did anything for me, so I pretty much gave up. I recently discovered the amazingness of Mario Badescu products, and when I saw this I had to try it. I honestly counldn't believe that it actually worked! It didn't cure me completely, but there was a significant improvement in a fairly short amount of time (started noticing a change after 1 week, major change 1 month). I was also using the aha body soap at the same time, so maybe that has something to do with it too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by katayoun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the best product I have used, thus far, to keep back and chest breakouts under control. It is very drying, so you'll need a good moisturizer to avoid the "aged skin" look. The price is a little high for the product. Packaging is nice-- standard MB packaging.

I use Special Cleansing Lotion O with the Botanical Body Soap and Papaya Body Lotion. This is a great combo!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2009 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Slavisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I only signed up on MUA to review this product.
I love it so much.

It has cleared up ALL my back acne and I really do think it is amazing. I use Clinique Anti blemish spray on my back afterwards and this seems to work well alongside it.

I will be repeatedly buying this product 100%.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2008 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I bought this for my chest acne and had high expectations because it smells like prescription acne medication (well, at least it smells strong). Unfortunately, I can't say it's done a whole heck of a lot, other than to dry out my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2007 1:59:00 PM More reviews by starlight256

This acne-fighting astringent from Mario Badescu is for use on the back and chest only, it's too harsh for facial skin. I was skeptical about it because of its odd ingredient list: Deionized Water, Boric Acid, Isopropyl Alcohol, Camphor, Gum Benzoin, Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein. I'm used to using anti-acne products with BP, AHA, or BHA (none of which were reliably keeping my back clear!) Anyway, after using it twice a day for a week, all the breakouts on my back were gone! It has kept my skin consistently clear. I am amazed and very pleased. Will definitely repurchase.

UPDATE: This seems to have stopped working. :( I guess it is no match for the heat and humidity! continued >>