December 20, 2014 | 921 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Nivea - Daily Essentials Extra Gentle Eye Make-up Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Chanelia

I use Nivea Daily Essentials Extra Gentle Eye Make-up Remover for years now and I will continue. It doesnt irritate. It is fast, I dont have to use so many cotton pads. It is cheap. I would buy more expensive if it is neccessary but it isnt. In fact I am surprised of so many bad reviews. I dont use waterproof mascaras, maybe this is the reason why this remover works for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by doormouse90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this eye makeup remover because of the low cost and the Nivea brand, both of which I thought were good. Truth is, this eye makeup remover just isn't as good as others I've used. The main reason I dislike it is that it leaves a sticky residue on your skin once used which doesn't feel great, especially around the eye area for which it is designed. Other than that, it has a nice fragrance and is inexpensive, so if you wash your face with water anyway, as I do, after using this, it isn't that bad. I will use up the rest of the bottle, but wouldn't buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by FiresOfLife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This was given to me as a gift. I don't usually use things like this but I ran out of make up remover and was having a root around and found it and used it. I've used it for about 2 weeks now and I gotta say, I hate it.
Someone said "it doesn't sting". I don't usually write reviews but I had to register, create and account and tell people about this. My eyes are currently BURNING like they have been doing for a couple of weeks (don't worry, I'm not going to use it again.) It does an awful job of removing make up - I just CANNOT get rid of the black smudges on my lower lid now! I look like I've been whacked in both eyes!
It leaves a very sticky oily residue and it makes my hands feel horrible and I burned myself earlier, which is now AGONY after the make up remover got onto it. Ouchie ouchie ouchie :(
Extra gentle my backside. It says "suitable for contact wearers" - maybe I'm the only one with burning eyes but if you wear contacts I cannot IMAGINE what it'd do. It has Benzyl Alcohol in it ffs! It has perfume in it, it's full of irritants, and to the first reviewer - they must have changed the formula dramatically since you bought it as it now has castor oil in it, and my hands and face feel greasy as heck.
Just...no. No. I'm going to take it out into the garden and shoot it. It's kinder.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 8:19:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

This eye makeup remover is not the best. Not even close. I bought it because it says it's gentle, but it's not at all. My skin is sensitive, especially my eye-area.

It shocked me that it contains such a strong perfume scent, since it claims to be for sensitive eyes. I'm kinda allergic to perfume (I get red spots if I spray perfume directly on my skin), so I try to avoid in products like this. It's so unneccesary!!

It does remove most eyemakeup, but not waterproof and it doesn't always remove eyeliner and all mascara I'm wearing.

- Overall a DISAPOINTING PRODUCT for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Adsiome

Ok but ever so slightly sticky

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by loreij

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't understand why it's labelled as 'gentle' because it felt like using soap on my eyes, except that soap is less expensive and actually does remover makeup better. It took me forever to use all of the product and it was an immense relief to throw the empty bottle inside the recycle bin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by princessmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

i used to use this religiously for months on end but found it was costing me too much (i now use an all-in-one gentle make up remover).

firstly, it takes a few applications to work. i use them on cotton pads and i found i needed to use 2 or 3 pads for one eye - which is far too excessive. i do not wear waterproof mascara, nor do i wear a lot of make up, but it wasn't strong enough to take it all off. however, i will say that this is good for sensitive eyes. my eyes can get red and sore, but this was fine (apart from the rubbing i did on my eyes to remove my make up!)

i would go through bottles ans bottles of this stuff, and buy bags and bags of cotton pads. it was costing a fortune.. i now have found something better so i will not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by jeannex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this has nice packaging and a pleasant smell, but that's about all it has going for it. after about 5 minutes and 5 cotton pads about 50% of my (non-waterproof) mascara still remains on my lashes with this stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by MariahB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This particular make-up remover from Nivea was absolutely horrible. It stated on the bottle that it is for "water soluble make-up", I don't wear waterproof mascara or eyeliner and this stuff DID NOT take my eye make-up off! I actually had to rub hard to remove it. It's not worth the hassle.

HOWEVER...Nivea does offer a few different eye make-up removers. The one that I would strongly recommend is called Nivea Eye Make-Up Remover EXPRESS (it is oil based I believe). This one is much better!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by TinaBarbarina

Being an "extra gentle" remover, I wasn't expecting much from this. So there wasn't any surprise that it didn't touch my waterproof mascara. However, all it did for my liquid eyeliner and eyeshadow was to smudge it. Very disappointed in this product - it was about as efficacious as water alone.