September 23, 2014 | 2035 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Nivea - Gentle Eye Make-up Remover

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 8:19:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

This eye makeup remover is not the best. Not even close. I bought it because it says it's gentle, but it's not at all. My skin is sensitive, especially my eye-area.

It shocked me that it contains such a strong perfume scent, since it claims to be for sensitive eyes. I'm kinda allergic to perfume (I get red spots if I spray perfume directly on my skin), so I try to avoid in products like this. It's so unneccesary!!

It does remove most eyemakeup, but not waterproof and it doesn't always remove eyeliner and all mascara I'm wearing.

- Overall a DISAPOINTING PRODUCT for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by loreij

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't understand why it's labelled as 'gentle' because it felt like using soap on my eyes, except that soap is less expensive and actually does remover makeup better. It took me forever to use all of the product and it was an immense relief to throw the empty bottle inside the recycle bin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by princessmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

i used to use this religiously for months on end but found it was costing me too much (i now use an all-in-one gentle make up remover).

firstly, it takes a few applications to work. i use them on cotton pads and i found i needed to use 2 or 3 pads for one eye - which is far too excessive. i do not wear waterproof mascara, nor do i wear a lot of make up, but it wasn't strong enough to take it all off. however, i will say that this is good for sensitive eyes. my eyes can get red and sore, but this was fine (apart from the rubbing i did on my eyes to remove my make up!)

i would go through bottles ans bottles of this stuff, and buy bags and bags of cotton pads. it was costing a fortune.. i now have found something better so i will not be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by MariahB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This particular make-up remover from Nivea was absolutely horrible. It stated on the bottle that it is for "water soluble make-up", I don't wear waterproof mascara or eyeliner and this stuff DID NOT take my eye make-up off! I actually had to rub hard to remove it. It's not worth the hassle.

HOWEVER...Nivea does offer a few different eye make-up removers. The one that I would strongly recommend is called Nivea Eye Make-Up Remover EXPRESS (it is oil based I believe). This one is much better!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by DPD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wiuldnt say this is the best but its fairlygood for the price you pay especially as i buy it when its on offer in Boots.
Ive tried the Gatineau Floracil which selles for alot more and that is literally likewater.

Thisis okay in the sense that i find it removes most make up but it does need 2 - 3 cotton pads - i dont wear waterproof mascara but do wear Bb gel liners.

The only difficullty I have is trying to get the mascara / liner residue between the lashes. If Im wearing heavy eye makeuo then I usually reach for my Oil of Olay one which is a cream. I gently massage a small amount of this, use a damp pad and then use the nivea ti remove any last residue. If I have anything between my lashes i put a small amount of the Olay one one a cotton bud (q tip) and remove it that way.

Like I said its ok and it doesnt sting my eyes unlike the olay one which if i have used too muchcan sting. I pay more for my facecleansers andtoners but refuse to pay over 15 for something like lancomes as i know it will not last me long.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Seorin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure if my Dutch version is this exact product because mine just says "Eye Make-up Remover Lotion" but since it does mention "gentle" I suppose it's this one.

I personally wear only a thin layer of mascara and for that it's okay. I wet a cotton pad and drizzle some of this lotion on it, hold it against my lashes and then wipe until clean. Sometimes it does leave some mascara behind so it's not very powerful but definitely gentle. The scent is nice and it has never irritated my eyes. It doesn't leave a sticky residue. I've been kind of loyal to this lotion because of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 5:22:00 AM More reviews by slivka81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Generally I found this to be a fairly good product; it smells nice, and does the job and I repurchased it a few times.However I only use it if I'm not wearing a waterproof mascara, because it just doesn't remove it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by michibooful

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This makeup remover sucks, and I don't even know why I dealt with it for a year. It barely removed my makeup, even after scrubbing my eyes with a Q-tip. All it did was peel the skin around my eyes as a result, which was not fun. Since it didn't remove my makeup properly, I had to invest in baby oil to remove my eye makeup, then makeup removing wipes to wipe of the oil, and then I would use this at the end just to remove any residue; all of this adding up to more money than I should spend. I suggest you save your $5 and buy a nice sandwich or something, because this makeup remover is not worth it at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by geegeegee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have the "Gentle Waterprood Eye Make-up Remover" and it's quite different from the non-waterproof remover (which my mom has and it's just... crappy and won't remove anything, although it's mascara that will disappear with only water).
Mine is a white bottle and it's very cheap here in Sweden when I buy it on sales (about 4$) and it's the one I keep on re-purchasing all the time. It's great for the waterproof mascara and eyeliner that will disappear rather quick with this and although it's not recommended I find it good at removing the rest of my make-up too. The only negative aspect would be how it can burn one's eye if it gets straight into it, but in general there is no burn-feeling at all with this. It does, however, make me break out if I accidentally get some on my cheeks or such.

- Update 2 years later -
Now I have started using Vaseline for removing waterproof mascara and eyeliner and it's cheaper and better. For the rest of the face, another product. I can't believe I tolerated eye-burn for so long - just imagining it now makes me shudder. My poor eyes. So no, I would recommend you to not stay tolerant with this as I did for two years - just move on and find another product that won't hurt.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2011 4:44:00 AM More reviews by simmainy

I have tried the lot: Lancome Bi-Facil, Clinique Take the Day Off, all the high-end products and honestly, this one is the one I keep going back to. Non-oily, no residue, non-drying, it does everything and comes dirt cheap. The only issue I have is the bottle overdoses easily but other than that I'm keeping with this one. Also it can take a little while to dry, but I think those 10 seconds are worth it.
Also great for my sensitive contact-lens-wearing eyes.