Nivea Daily Essentials Extra Gentle Eye Make-up Remover

2.6

on 3/23/2015 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Extra gentle? What...? This badly stung my eyes, gave me the worst milia of my life, and left me with dry under-eyes. After months of using different eye creams, my skin in finally back to normal. Don't use this product unless you want to speed-up your aging process.

on 3/5/2015 6:56:00 PM

I bought this as an emergency fill in for my usual eye makeup remover when I ran out because it was on offer in Asda and Nivea is generally a very reliable brand... big mistake! This stuff is rubbish. I wear an average amount of eye makeup, most of which is basic high street brand, and this doesn't even almost take it off. I soaked a cotton pad and held it on my eye for ages, then wiped away and my eye still had most of my makeup. There seems to be no amount of rubbing and extra product that will make this actually remove makeup. I ended up using olive oil to take the black smudges off, it's about as good as using tap water.
It's also not "extra gentle," it contains fragrance and benzyl alcohol and stung my eyes and make the skin underneath quite red and dry. I think it hurts so much because for it to be in any way effective you have to really rub your eyes, leaving them sore and red.
I bought two bottles because of the special offer which is annoying, as there's no way I can continue using this. Not recommended for dry skin, sensitive eyes or mascara, unfortunately!

on 2/18/2015 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is actually a quite decent eye make-up remover. I can't say anything bad about it. It doesn't irritate my eyes that much. It's one of the most gentle removers I've used. I don't use waterproof mascara, so removing a regular mascara wasn't that difficult. It has a nice scent and it's cheap. Buying it wasn't such a big mistake.

on 1/24/2015 5:58:00 AM

This remover has a nice scent and provides a fresh feeling when applied, but it just doesn't clean thoroughly. It has a hard time removing my non-waterproof mascara. Furthermore, this is more gentle than some of its competitors but still not completely suitable for sensitive eyes, as my skin does react with minor redness, especially as the low cleaning power forces you to rub more.

on 1/21/2015 4:55:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Bought this a couple days ago. It freaking burns!!! "Extra Gentle" Yeah right. Do not let this stuff near your eyes, especially if it gets past the lids! It's been 30 mins and my eyes are still watering, and there is still some mascara smudging left over anyway. Not a recommended purchase.

on 8/11/2014 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use Nivea Daily Essentials Extra Gentle Eye Make-up Remover for years now and I will continue. It doesnt irritate. It is fast, I dont have to use so many cotton pads. It is cheap. I would buy more expensive if it is neccessary but it isnt. In fact I am surprised of so many bad reviews. I dont use waterproof mascaras, maybe this is the reason why this remover works for me.

on 6/13/2014 4:18:00 PM

I bought this eye makeup remover because of the low cost and the Nivea brand, both of which I thought were good. Truth is, this eye makeup remover just isn't as good as others I've used. The main reason I dislike it is that it leaves a sticky residue on your skin once used which doesn't feel great, especially around the eye area for which it is designed. Other than that, it has a nice fragrance and is inexpensive, so if you wash your face with water anyway, as I do, after using this, it isn't that bad. I will use up the rest of the bottle, but wouldn't buy again.

on 11/24/2013 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This was given to me as a gift. I don't usually use things like this but I ran out of make up remover and was having a root around and found it and used it. I've used it for about 2 weeks now and I gotta say, I hate it.
Someone said "it doesn't sting". I don't usually write reviews but I had to register, create and account and tell people about this. My eyes are currently BURNING like they have been doing for a couple of weeks (don't worry, I'm not going to use it again.) It does an awful job of removing make up - I just CANNOT get rid of the black smudges on my lower lid now! I look like I've been whacked in both eyes!
It leaves a very sticky oily residue and it makes my hands feel horrible and I burned myself earlier, which is now AGONY after the make up remover got onto it. Ouchie ouchie ouchie :(
Extra gentle my backside. It says "suitable for contact wearers" - maybe I'm the only one with burning eyes but if you wear contacts I cannot IMAGINE what it'd do. It has Benzyl Alcohol in it ffs! It has perfume in it, it's full of irritants, and to the first reviewer - they must have changed the formula dramatically since you bought it as it now has castor oil in it, and my hands and face feel greasy as heck.
Just...no. No. I'm going to take it out into the garden and shoot it. It's kinder.

on 10/16/2013 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

This eye makeup remover is not the best. Not even close. I bought it because it says it's gentle, but it's not at all. My skin is sensitive, especially my eye-area.

It shocked me that it contains such a strong perfume scent, since it claims to be for sensitive eyes. I'm kinda allergic to perfume (I get red spots if I spray perfume directly on my skin), so I try to avoid in products like this. It's so unneccesary!!

It does remove most eyemakeup, but not waterproof and it doesn't always remove eyeliner and all mascara I'm wearing.

- Overall a DISAPOINTING PRODUCT for me.

on 9/15/2013 4:38:00 PM

Ok but ever so slightly sticky