July 31, 2014 | 1264 users online

Bronzers - Physicians Formula - Bronze Gems Matte and Bright Bronzer in Bronzer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 8:55:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

Despite the fact that their products run on the light side & don't offer shades for people with dark/black skin, I've been a Physicians Formula fan for a long time & this compact doesn't disappoint. Bronze Gems Matte & Bright Bronzer is a bronzer, highlighter, & eye shadow; however, I use this as an allover powder & highlighter. The reason why I use this as a face powder as opposed to an actual bronzer is because the matte brown color is in fact a matte shade. The multi-gold tones gems are really good highlighters. Sometimes I like to sweep the colours across my cheekbones &/or down my nose to give myself a little bit of shimmer. I honestly & probably won't repurchase because it's pricey at $14, but if finances aren't an issue for you, I recommend this. You'll get your money's worth because it's basically a multiuse powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by danafinfin

This is my fav. bronzer. Although it is annoying that I end up wasting a lot of product due to the packaging (never use all of the glittery colors, or the bronzer bordering them), the color is perfect for my cool, fair skin tone. I sway every once and a while, but always keep coming back to this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2011 9:35:00 AM More reviews by merchick

I really like the matte part; there are very few bronzers that will work with pale complexions, and this one is buildable enough that it doesn't make my face look dirty or orange, just gives a healthy glow.

I wish the shimmery shades were not included in the same compact, though, because the sparkles transfer to the matte part and then to my face. I have tried them as eyeshadow, and they're ok but not great- too many sparkles (may be fine for evening or for someone in their teens or 20's).

The packaging- it looks cute with the little rhinestone on the cover, but of course the rhinestone falls off if you carry the compact around, and I found that the hinge breaks easily so then you have no cover.

Despite the negatives, it is still a very good product, especially for fair skin, and I will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by cfed

i bought this product looking for a nice, matte bronzer and i really really wanted this to work for me! the color was very pretty going on my skin and i loved that! i hated the little brush it came with though. and the eyeshadows i didnt really care for. but what i hated most about it, was after using it for a couple days, i broke out with a lot of tiny bumps all over my skin! it was so embarrassing i couldnt believe it broke me out! i will never repurchase this product again. so if you have oily skin, this definately isnt the product for you!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by AlyssaJD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I knew i wouldnt like this. I wasnt thinking at the time though. I was like oh sweet a matte bronzer with some eyeshadows built in! Great just what i want, a really crappy pigmented eyeshadows that are no good but just pigmented enough so that when you go for just the matte bronzer, you pick up some chunky glitter on your face. Why would anyone buy this? I dont really know, unless you like the tacky glitter on your face maybe? But i bought it i guess :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by beachybum07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product from my local Ulta and at first thought it was the best! At that time i liked how it blended well with my natural tan and when it came to winter, i figured it would keep my face still looking tan. About a week or so later after purchasing this, my face broke out in little bumps around my nose and for head. I really, REALLY wanted this to work for my face but I guess it doesn't. If you don't have sensitive skin or skin thats prone to breakouts, buy this!! But unfortunately, it didn't work for me:( One thing I loved was how it had its own mirror and lil compartment for the brush to apply this with! haha, but I didn't like the brush so I just used one of mine to apply this with. The brush it came with was cheap and I got BARELY any product of my face. Hope this helped you! (:

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by SteffStarrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Physician's Formula is one of my favorite brands for bronzers, and this is no exception. I love the matte part of this bronzer since it isn't orange or muddy at all and it gives me a really tanned look for my NC35 complexion. I don't really use the shimmer part since it's really chalky and unpigmented, and I took off one lippie for that. This has never broken me out, like all my other PF products. It's a really good bronzer that's really pigmented, but really buildable. Another negative though, it the packaging. After 2+ years of using this almost daily, the hinge has broken, and the lid won't stay closed so I have to keep it upright and on a flat surface. I really love this product though, and I would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by rockstar00

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this bronzer at my local drugstore. It cost about 10$. I have purchased the version with the moon in the corner a few times and I love it. I have sensitive/combo olive skin and these bronzers deliver beautiful color and they never irritate my sensitive skin. However, the quality of the packaging is the worst of all time. Both of my PF bronzers are being held together with rubber bands. The matte bronzer is a highlighter, bronzer and eye shadow and it comes with a brush and mirror on the opposite side. Which is actually all kind of cool. The mirror never gets dusty and I have used the little applicator brush. I actually like the little applicator brush. I had a Lancome bronzer that I la la loved but, it was LE and once it was gone I had to go back to old breaky lid and rubberband around my bronzy! Truth is that the bronzer in the PF is just as good as the Lancome one I enjoyed wearing. Will I buy this bronzer again? for sure! The product is stellar and it has a pretty affordable price.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by wynniethepooh11

The thing that I don't like about this bronzer is the glitter that comes embedded in it. When I looked at the product through the packaging it didn't look like it had SO much glitter. Now I am very pale so I wear bronzer all over my face and I don't like that it looks like I put straight glitter on my face. Would not purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 11:08:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

Like this a lot! I love multi-use products and this is mostly a medium bronzer with three smaller "gems" of pink, gold and copper on the side.
They can be used as subtle eyeshadows or highlights. I bought the Bronzer shade and it's perfect--not too dark or light.