Boots Perfect Lips Pencil in 20 Nude

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is not a good nude for a fair skin. It's a dark orange/brown color which i think is much better for a medium skintone. So, besides the color it's a really good lip pencil, especially for the price! It's that kind of pencil you screw up and it's also a little sharpener in the bottom which is really good. Overall a very good product but i wish they made a lighter color for us pale. Try before you buy!

on 9/18/2014 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Like so many other reviewers, I bought this after seeing Lisa Eldridge use it in her videos. It's a muted, fleshy peach that pulls medium against my pale skin. I don't get any pink tones out of it at all but maybe a tinge of a slightly brownish base.

I like the formula a lot. It's soft and creamy and goes on smoothly. I just purchased a Charlotte Tilbury lip liner in Pillowtalk and I actually prefer this to the CT, which is incredibly drying and uncomfortable to wear alone. I can wear this alone with a bit of lip balm and it feels good, whereas with the Charlotte Tilbury I have to pile it on a thick lip gloss so my lips don't feel miserable.

I'm still on the lookout for a more neutral, pinky-beige lip liner to work as a universal base for all my pale pinks and nude lipsticks/glosses, but I actually think this color works well under a wider range of lip colors than I expected. I especially like it under a few of my pale peach lip glosses.

This is average on wear length since it's a softer/creamy texture, but small price to pay given the comfortable wear. I like that it's a twist up mechanical packaging too. Overall a really nice lip liner.

on 4/25/2014 9:21:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Lisa Eldridge did a great job designing this colour, it's a colour I would have designed myself! One of my fave go-to lipsticks is Mac Shy Girl and this is kind of like that. It's a perfect "natural lips" liner but on the peachy-nude side rather than pink-mauvey natural. The warmness of the colour works so well with my skintone (lovely on pale skin). Works great as an all-over colour without being too drying. Works as a base for other products. Works great as a liner to compliment nudes, peaches, pinks....the texture is beautiful - just as good as my Guerlain or other high-end liners. Creamy but not too soft or waxy, not too drying, just perfect. If you're in the UK and you get those No7 vouchers use them to get this because you won't regret it. The shade Blush is gorgeous too.

on 2/1/2014 12:18:00 PM

I saw Lisa Eldridge use and recommend this color lip liner, and wanted to try this out.This lip liner applies very smooth. However, the color is simply unattractive. It is not a perfect, flattering nude but rather a very unattractive, washed out tawny shade. I am around NC 15 and I do not see how this lip color could be flattering. Nevertheless, it is affordable and the formula applies smooth and seems long lasting. Maybe other shades would be more flattering.

The colour is a more of a pink neutral/nude colour and is slightly light for my lip colour, however it is the closest match I have found. The texture is creamy but is durable.

Tip: apply this all over your lip before applying a lip stick not only does it help last but also makes the colour pop.

on 9/17/2013 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm so sad that this didn't work for me. Formula is great. Applies smoothly. I am a sucker for anything that Lisa Eldrige endorses. But this liner is too brown on me. It makes my lips look muddy. Even when I try to "nude" it out by place a nude gloss or lip butter over it -- it isn't cute on me. I'll have to pass.

on 2/28/2013 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Oh, the disappointment!! I hunted this pencil down across three countries after seeing Lisa Eldridge using it and wearing it (love her). I have similar coloring so I had such high hopes it would be a pale neutral/nude. But on my very pink/red lips, it's a bright, burnt orange. It's not nude, it's not neutral, and it's not even a little bit attractive. It looks very muddy and turns every nude lipstick I put over it orangish. I begin to wonder if I even have the right pencil. It's No. 7, marked Nude, Precision Lips (can't seem to find Perfect Lips, even on the Boots Web site)....The quest for the perfect nude lip liner continues..... Sigh.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I had a difficult time finding this lip liner. I happened to be visiting my family in Florida and got lucky on a routine visit to the local Target. They had only one! In L.A., my local Target stores all said that they won't have any more stock until March.

I saw this in one of Lisa Eldridge's videos. I thought the color would be perfect for me. I have been searching for a lip liner that would work with my coloring. It's harder than you think! I had just about given up altogether, when I saw Lisa Eldridge using it in her video. I have been trying to find this color for more than a month.

I am so happy with this lip liner! It's perfect for my skin tone and works beautifully with my nude lipsticks. It's so natural. Many nudes are too brown in tone. Some are too pink or reddish. This one has such a unique color. I wouldn't call it a true nude. It's like a warm natural peachy color. I love that it's automatic and no sharpening! Sometimes I line my lips and then fill it in all over my mouth. Then I put my lipstick on over it. That's something Lisa Eldridge did in one of her videos. I really like that it looks so natural. It doesn't look like you are wearing lip liner. It's subtle and that is something I really love. Staying power is very good.

Now I just have to make sure to head to Target in March to get more! But I am happy that I finally found the right lip liner. It completes my look. The price is reasonable, too.

on 7/27/2012 3:17:00 AM

This is an awesome lipliner. Itís a twist-pen which I love, and the colour match is perfect for my lips so it just provides a cleaner edge to my lips. A great base for my lipstick, which now tends to be the Burberry Lip Cover #03 Cameo Pink, and itís perfect.

The staying power? Iím not too sure because I tend to reapply my lipstick every 3 hours or so just out of habit (read Ė necessity after constantly drinking tea all day long). For its cost, the quality is wonderful!

on 4/16/2012 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this has creamy nice textrue and the case is great..
it's rather almost same color with my natural lips than nude. it's not like nude.. but the color is just right for lips anyways..

Popular Lip Liners