July 26, 2014 | 1136 users online

Cleansers - Boots - No7 soft and soothed cleaser

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by gunnk91

This seemed a good product, the packaging is okay except I needed about 8 pumps to sufficiently cover my face and neck. Don't know WHY it is called soft and soothed it burnt my skin around my mouth as soon as I put it on.... I had to wash it off literally straight away and stung so much! My mum had the same reaction. Will not use again

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by cherrybonbon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Were the makers of this cleanser high when they decided to name it "Soft and Soothed"? This made my mild rosacea flare up pretty badly.

I notice another member had the same reaction as me, and I can't say I'm surprised. My skin started itching like crazy and the pores on the side of my face became enlarged.

It's also overpriced for what it is. I was disappointed to say the least. I would not be as annoyed had they not decided to name it "Soft and Soothed".

I never expect a cleanser to remove all my make-up, but I'd expect it to remove light water-based tinted moisturisers and this didn't even do that.

Worst cleanser I have ever tried. Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by hailung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was in search of a non-drying facial cleanser for the harsh winter weather we've been getting in California low 50s (yes there are those odd days that come out of nowhere) i've alawys been one to use gel cleansers b/c i find them more effective for my combination skin, and it takes off makeup without a film, and since i live in CA we never get super cold here in the winter. this cleanser has the consistency of pond's cool cucumber makeup remover (the only one i can compare to since i don't ever buy cream cleansers), but overall, i feel it leaves my skin nice & hydrated, no tight-feeling, i follow up with the boots sensitive skin toner alcohol-free like other reviews idont find this particularly good at removing makeup b/c my cotton still gets a lot of dirt when i apply toner, and i use a lotion to seal in that moisture. i like how it's gentle, non-fragranced, and it does a fair job of cleansing, the description fits- also i use this to take off makeup too which i find effective- but i'm not a heavy makeup user it took off my makeup well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 8:48:00 PM More reviews by ealioshina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this! Got it for $7.99 at Target and received a matching toner for free! I was super skeptical about this product at first, but ended up loving both - the cleanser and the toner. Pleasant smell, pretty packaging, makes my skin feel very good. To respond to earlier reviews -cream cleansers are less effective for removing makeup, this is why I use makeup remover prior to washing my face. But they are more gentle and recommended to use after 25, so get some makeup remover and be happy :)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by MrsJustie

I have sensitive but not overly sensitive. This burned my skin right when I put it on my face. It didn't remove makeup any better than my normal extra virgin olive oil or any other lotion. It just seemed like putting a lotion on my face. So I'm returning this. I do love the packaging. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by oonaghst

I really like this lotion cleanser and find it very pleasant to use. It's reasonably priced, comes in a pump and makes short work of removing my makeup. I just use a few pumps of it in my hands, rub them together and liberally rub it all over my face, working it in with my fingertips. Then I remove it with a washcloth, which I rinse out 2-3 times. It all comes off and I usually then give my face a swipe with the matching toner just to finish off. I've had very irritable, dryish skin recently which didn't respond well to some other cleansers, but I've nothing but praise for this one. It puts some other brands to shame imo!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 8:43:00 AM More reviews by agl112

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very soothing cleanser for sensitive skin that's on the cusp between oily and dry. I find that the best way to use this is to first wet the skin and pump a dime size amount onto the palm of my hand, rub my palms together quickly and apply it all over my face. I remove it by splashing slightly warm water on my face and then follow by using a warm wet washcloth to remove the last traces of the product. It won't leave your skin squeaky clean as it does leave your skin soft, hydrated and smooth. Squeaky clean means you've pretty much removed your skin's natural moisture barrier, something I can no longer afford since my skin has become somewhat drier and much more sensitive. For those who have to or choose to avoid detergent cleansing agents in facial cleansers, this is a good alternative and the price is reasonable. It's available locally at Target stores. Would buy again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So far no problems. Looking at the ingredients, I see that mineral oil is the 2nd ingredient (which I like) and there's also dimethicone and the absence of this would make it a perfect formula. I would prefer it didn't have any silicones in it. My skin is sensitive and dry. I use this first by rubbing it in and then I either follow up with my clarisonic or an Olay age defying wipe. Seems to take everything off even if I don't use the clarisonic, my cotton ball with toner doesn't show much. Many people do not like this type of cleanser, since it can't make skin feel squeaky clean because of the high oil content won't allow it to rinse off in the same way a foaming cleanser will. It's fine as a preliminary make up remover.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2010 8:03:00 AM More reviews by yummymummy1977

Basically ditto what Afoletta said! I have dry sensitive skin but It broke my skin out

:-(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 10:24:00 AM More reviews by jinxd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Huh uh, not gonna cut it. I need something gentle that will remove makeup and leave my skin clean without stripping it. Even though I have combo skin it's easily irritated and most cleansers leave my skin tight, red and rashy looking. I was really hoping this would cut down on those problems but it doesn't do anything. At all. Doesn't remove my makeup or even just dirt and oil picked up throughout the day when I go makeup free.
I do like the matching toner but the search continues for a cleanser.