September 19, 2014 | 1020 users online

Lotions/ Creams - glysolid glycerin cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 5:06:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

It gets a little sticky if you apply too much. It doesn't have a lot of glide to it, so you almost have to apply more to feel like you have it applied everywhere. It feels waxy on your skin after applied. Your skin doesn't feel like skin anymore... almost like you have a barrier applied on it. It does a great job to moisturize, just the after feel is not that desirable to me.

I gave a sample to my mom and she also noted the stickiness along with the waxy after feeling. She prefers Udderly Smooth Udder Cream and I really like Nivea Cream (minus the scent). All in all its a great night time cream, but I won't be using it for daytime.

They have it at Ulta in the Professional Nail section.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Siudin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is comparable to Glysomed, but 3 x moisturizing. This works best on the driest part of your body ie feet, elbows, cuticles or any body part especially during winter time. Smell is good not overpowering. It's a must to try. It leaves your skin moisturized and soft

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by LadyDianeC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It came in a red tub as pictured. I bought this mainly for my cuticles and now I use it for my feet, hands, elbow and everywhere I have dry skin. I use this right after I get out of the shower, as well as right before I go to bed. I don't like how it's in a tub but I'll still buy it again. This is my now HG moisturizer better than any lotion I have in my arsenal of skin care. It goes on like a dream and absorbs in my skin very well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i put this on my feet before bed and woke up to soft feet. i love it, no weird smell, not greasy on my sheets. a little goes a long way. simple packaging. good price. i will use up my other products andd stick with this for soft feet! glad i found it. it was tucked on a bottom shelf with nail stuff at ulta so not near other creams and lotions but it's so good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Catttt

Works well for dry heels, can be sticky. I bought the 1 oz tube online for $4.95 (I think). This was a decent lotion but I'll stick (pun intended) to Neutrogena Norwegian Hand Cream which is pretty similar, cheaper, and more accessible.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 12:26:00 AM More reviews by alwells

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff absolutely works, and works FAST. I use it on my feet when they get dry and calloused. I wish I remembered to use it regularly and they would never get dry and calloused, lol!

But it's cheap and effective.

The only downside is it's a little sticky and thick when you apply it, so I would suggest doing so before bed and putting socks on top. Or otherwise using a very thin layer (which is truly all that you need).

The circular container version is what I have. It's a bit messy, but manageable. I saw on here there is a tube version available, which I would definitely purchase next time if it's available.

Try this stuff. It's like Vaseline on crack!

_____

Update: you can definitely find this is a tube on Amazon. Much easier to use (less mess!) Still loving this product. I went without and my feet got so dry even the pumice and foot shaver couldn't address what this could in a night or two.

One more word of "caution" -- if you put this on the night before, there probably will still be product left the next day. This makes your feet very slick. So either wash off the remaining product, or wear socks. Careful in the shower lest you may slip and fall!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by MyNameIsNorah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this cream for years and it has been one of the best moisturizers ever. I always go back to it. It's very thick, but not as greasy as Vaseline.
I apply it on my legs and elbows at night before I go to bed and when I wake up, I find that my skin is still soft !! awesome product, great price !

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by jmh1wdh2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff! I wouldn't really call it a cream, it is much thicker. I only need a little bit to spread over my hands and feet which takes 5-10 minutes to completely absorb in. When it does my skin looks and feels super soft and hydrated. I paid $6.50 after using my Ulta coupon and I think the tub will last forever. Paraben free, great product and great price...I will be purchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Today I had a manicure and the (Philadelphia based) nail tech used Glysolid in lieu of lotion. It is a solid form of glycerin and so far I have to RAVE about it. They sell a tub of it for $12 and I sure think I'm gonna pick one up next time. It's a great hydrator (if you are cool with glycerine) for elbows, heels, and of course- dry hands and cuticles. It's made in Germany and before today I had never seen nor heard of it, but I am glad I have discovered it!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 2:37:00 AM More reviews by shereenmohsen

the best moistrizer cream for very dry body skin you can use it on elbow , hands , knees , feet or legs it is a way better than nivea &
also easier to apply than vaseline