Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector

4.4

Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil, Diisostearyl Malate, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Dipentaerythrityl Tetrahydroxystearate/Tetraisostearate, Polyethylene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Unsaponifiables, Irvingia Gabonensis Kernel Butter, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Parfum/Fragrance, Silica Dimethyl Silyate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Oryzanol, Tribehenin, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Retinyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Tocopherol, Bht

on 3/5/2015 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I read great reviews and decided to try this out. Bought 05 (pinky coral on me). Loved it!!! Went back and got 01 (pinkish nude), 06 (brownish nude more pigment). I like putting this on first and then patting a bit of a lipstick in the middle to give it an incredible sheen. I love the texture, the smell and the application. The price point is great $20 in Canada, I would spend up to $35 on something this amazing.

on 2/1/2015 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have been loving this product for over 3 years now basically for the applicator and the gorgeous smell otherwise i am not a fan of sticky glossy type lip products, but this is still a winner. Will always repurchase. Love shades 01 and 04 although they are very sheer.

on 1/23/2015 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I got this in the shade 01. I should have tried this before I bought, honestly. I got it before I went home for Christmas, and by the time I got home my lips had really persistent redness, irritation, and pain. After a few weeks of applying just hydrocortisone and Vaseline to my lips, they healed. I tried the lip perfector again last night and...immediately the redness and irritation returned. So the good news is I found out what my lips were reacting to. The bad news is I really wanted it to not be this gloss. I love it otherwise. The smell and the texture is amazing. It just has something my sensitive skin reacts to. So I'm very very sad!

on 1/4/2015 6:31:00 AM

I bought a twin pack at the airport so it was a good price.

Inside were the Apricot and Rose shades. I would not recommend buying more than one of shade as the pigment is so sheer that it's impossible to detect any difference in the shades whatsoever.

Faintly pretty sheen on the lips but really nothing special and when the product has worn off the lips feel dry - not so with my trusty Carmex!

Everyone else seems to love these but I don't really see what the fuss is. I will continue to use it but I don't think I would buy again.

I would probably enjoy these more if they had a slightly deeper / richer pigment, but they are nothing more than a sheer, vanilla lip balm.

on 11/19/2014 3:00:00 PM

Excellent product! It does perfect your lips. Very nice feel on the lips (smooth and light), slight pleasant smell, beautiful colours, glossy finish.
I find the product just perfect. The packaging is very good: a soft tube that allows squeezing the exact amount you need and lets you finish it all up. The applicator is very nice too.
I own a few shades (01, 02, 06) and am very happy about them.

on 10/10/2014 10:11:00 PM

I brought a set of products and this comes as one of the items. I love the packaging, the applicator tip allows you to spread the product evenly. It is a sponge tip, perfect for application. The color I have is shimmer rose. It is the perfect almost no color pink with some shimmers and lots of shine. It lasts all day. Regardless of the color, the consistency is good. One of the best lip glosses.

on 10/7/2014 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been eying this product for about a month now, after having seen it in Beautycrush's monthly favorites video. (I'm willing to try anything she recommends, to be honest.)
I'll get the cons out of the way first.
First and possibly the most obvious would be the price. $23 USD is a staggering price for this product. I'm not new to dropping a serious amount of coin on a lip product if I'm certain that the pigmentation and staying power will merit that kind of expenditure, but for this, I cringed at checkout.
Second, the pigmentation just isn't there. I'd expect there to be a bit more of a flush with this particular shade (05 - Candy Shimmer). Also, there's no actual shimmer in this that I can detect. Perhaps there's something that adds to the light-reflecting nature of it, but I certainly wouldn't call it a shimmer, per se.
But those two flaws notwithstanding, this is a pretty great product. I wouldn't so much call it a gloss as I would a liquid balm. It leaves a pretty sheen on my lips without providing the mirror-like finish that I've come to expect from a gloss. Also, while it's not pigmented enough for my liking, I do find that it evens out the tone of my lips, making them look perfect and pink. It's almost like a BB cream for your lips!
It seems quite hydrating without being slick or too sticky. It definitely feels like a thick, moisturizing balm.
The scent is magnificent. It's so sweet and delicious! There's a slight flavor to this balm, but not enough to keep me licking my lips and wasting the product.
And the packaging is wonderful. It's attractive in its minimalism; I find it looks quite "grown up" rather than cutesy or overly "sexy". And the soft, pillowy, sponge-tip applicator feels so nice during application. I feel as though it sloughs away dead skin cells without being abrasive.
Over all, I'm going to give this sort of a trial period to determine whether or not I absolutely love it. I like it so far, to be sure, but I wouldn't say it solves all my problems. The price and lack of pigmentation are big negatives for me, and if I don't develop a love for this product in the next couple weeks, I may opt to bring it back.

on 10/4/2014 5:36:00 AM

I actually had two of these lipsticks. I liked their smell and colour but somehow those lipsticks have a thick balmy texture and it just irritate my lips. My lips will swell up or spots would develop above my lips 20-30minutes after using it. I would say test the sample out before you buy it, in case you are allergic to it.

on 9/21/2014 2:46:00 AM

Love this. It's very hydrating but leaves a perfect color. Doesn't go dry and is not sticky at all. Will buy in more colors.

on 9/17/2014 6:45:00 PM