July 28, 2014 | 1965 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Dove Pro-Age bar

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love, love this dove bar! It smells Devine, almost gourmand roses/Turkish delight! I found them selling individual bars at a local bulk bin store for $2 NZ each, cheap! Only problem is they are not selling these in grocery stores any more so while I'm buying in bulk, once they have gone from this source they will be gone much to my horror!!!!

The scrubby bits work well as an every day gentle exfoliator and all the pimples on my face have cleared up! Gets rid of all make up and unlike the original dove soap, my skin is left soft but clean with no filmy afterfeel.

Love, love, love!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by IntDesignerGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use the Dove Pro-Age bars because I am almost fanatical about my skin. I am aware that my face is going to age with the rest of my body, but I am trying to minimize the effects as much as possible. I have sensitive skin and Dove products work well for me.

I use this soap on my face twice a day and have not experienced any negative side effects. My face feels clean and not dried out. I will definately continue to use this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 9:13:00 PM More reviews by anabolina

I got this for a facial cleanser and was a little worried about it because it does contain oils and my skin is prone to acne. I like that it doesn't dry out my skin. I don't think it exfoliates worth anything, but it does clean off my makeup and does not dry out my skin or break me out. I guess I'll be using it for awhile since Walmart only had it in the 6-pack. I've used the unscented sensitive skin Dove and my skin felt much drier with that then it does with the Pro-Age.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2008 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

Call it getting older, but over the past 2 years, I have noticed that my skin is losing the natural luster it once had. I had read that our skin loses collagen as we age. Hmmmm.... not something I'm happy about. Well, enter Dove Pro-Age bars...I use this as a body bar only (With oily skin, I do not use it on my face.) Anyway, after consistent use daily, I can tell a big difference in my skin; it seems to address the issue of dryness and dullness which had become my chief complaint about my skin over the past 2 years. Further, this soap provides decent LASTING moisturization, and that is how I judge effectiveness in a body bar. By "lasting" I mean, the moisturization extends past the damp skin phase and past the dry down, providing a decent first layer of moisture for my skin. This is a big plus for my very dry skin. I am thrilled! However, I do not like the scent of the Pro-Age line; the fragrance used in the Pro Age soap bars and the Pro Age body wash reminds me of nail polish remover. (Oh, and speaking of the Pro-Age body wash, don't bother... it is no where near as good as the Pro-Age soap bars imo.) But I digress... Even though I do not care for the scent of this soap, the product works very well for me, so I am still giving it 5 lippies. Will continue to use it as long as Dove continues to make it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2008 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Cinnamon1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know, I didn't LOVE this soap. I mean, it cleans well and moisturizes well, but the little exfoliating beads didn't do much, in my opinion, and I found the fragrance to be pretty blah. I've been using the Pro Age roll-on, and I think it's scent is OUTSTANDING. I was hoping the soap would have the same fragrance, so I was pretty disappointed when I found that it didn't. Overall, my opinion is... meh. I got the two-bar pack and I've used one so far. I will use the second bar, but won't purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2008 12:26:00 AM More reviews by jules007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this soap! I use it as body soap and to shave my legs. It's great for shaving because it exfoliates and lathers, giving you a deep shave. Doesn't leave residue the way the orginal Dove bar does. Smell is nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2008 10:09:00 AM More reviews by jbk070612

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've never had a peaches and cream complexion until i bought this bar, was using proactiv and only made my face really dry, with this my face is really soft and clear.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2008 10:33:00 AM More reviews by missycat928

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Years ago, a dermatologist told me to try using ivory soap for my super dry skin. He told me that I needed to have no detergents, dyes, etc. In my opinion, ivory smells stale and old. I switched to dove white and used that religiously throughout high school and college. Dove eventually introduced the exfoliating bar (in the light blue package) and I became hooked. It was nice to have my old stand-by with a little kick (exfoliation). Now, though, I AM A DIE HARD PRO AGE USER. It is nicely scented (but not sickly sweet like some soaps can be), moisture-rich, and still has light exfoliating specks throughout. I would recommend this soap to anyone with normal to dry skin. My skin is never flaky or chapped - even in the awful winter weather! The best part is that it is absolutely affordable on the slimmest budget.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2008 11:20:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

I love this soap. Not convinced it's anti-aging, but I don't care. I'm super-picky about my bar soaps (I'm more of a body wash girl, so bars must be perfect), but this smells good, has great lather, mild scrubbers and is very moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2008 11:17:00 PM More reviews by lillian1717

For mature skin? Not sure, but I do know this is a great bar of soap! I first tried it because I have extremely dry skin, and while I wanted moisture, I also needed some exfoliation to get rid of the flaky skin. This bar does exactly what it says, leaves your skin soft, more moisturized than all the other bar soaps out there, and my skin doesn't get that tight dry feeling it usually does. I've used it after pounding the treadmill at the gym, and I leave the shower feeling completely clean and refreshed. Very lightly scented, with scrubbing beads that aren't too harsh. A lot of other bar soaps are way too drying, or doesn't feel like it rinses clean. This is perfect for my dry sensitive skin!