July 22, 2014 | 1937 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Olay - Complete Plus Ultra Rich Tinted Moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by shizia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm reviewing the Olay Complete Care Touch of Foundation in shade FAIR.

PROS:
- It has some moisturizing properties and my skin looked kinda healthy after applying the cream.
- It is very light, I could barely feel it during the day.
- Has a dewy finish, but you can always put some powder on.
- Evens out the skintone.
- It doesn't clog pores or break my skin out.

CONS:
- It's more on the yellow side and quite dark for a 'fair' shade, so that will not work on pale ladies like myslef... so I ended up giving it back to the store. I do NOT want yellow on my face.
- It won't cover any blemishes or scars, it will just tone them down a little bit, but don't expect miracles.

OVERALL:
I would recommend it to yellow-based skin ladies who haven't got any major problems with skin but want to even out their skintone and add a healthy glow to it. Definitely NOT for pink based skins, acne prone etc.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2009 5:30:00 PM More reviews by jenalisa

I'm on accutane, and the most common trifling effect of this medication is the dry skin--so i opted for a tinted moisturizer verses the mess of a foundation. I found this product lying around the drawer of makeup goods. I assumed my mom bought this. Thinking how great Olay products have been for my mother i tried it out. The texture is light and the color is deceiving. It has a dark foundation color but wears out sheer on the skin and provides medium coverage for my blemishes and scars. I like how it evens out the red. I apply a fair oil free finishing powder to set. I thought this was HG product, until i noticed massive break outs and increased white heads on my face during the use of this product. This saddens me greatly and will revise to the use of a good moisturizer and cold turkey for awhile.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2009 6:18:00 PM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

pros: nice pump package.... and it is the very end of thia list..
CONS: broke me out, in years i did't have such a bad skin like this made in one day.. the colour even i got it in fair is terribly yellow....... and it has a typical chanel TM copy smell... not moisourizing enough. even though i used my day cream it was not enough... will never ever buy again. for sure.
can i give 0 lippie?

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2008 6:07:00 AM More reviews by scorpiobelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff moisturizes and blends color-wise, relatively well. The problem for me is the SUPER chemically smell. It smells like it's bad for your skin, which is really weird! I think it's weird that it doesn't have SPF in it like most of Olay's other moisturizers have. I have used Olay products for a LOOONG time, (as well as EL which I like far better) and I think my skin is as good as it is partly due to that! However, I recently learned that Olay (Procter & Gamble) are one of the biggest cosmetic companies that REFUSE to stop testing their products on animals. EL though pricey, has banned animal testing since 1989. I hope Olay will follow suit, so I can use it again- As for the tinted moisturizer though, I'll stick to my day-wear with a little foundation mixed in. Will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2008 4:39:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been looking for a tinted moisturizer for some time and was glad to see this one was on sale at my pharmplus! I was surprised that there wasn't a varying shade selection, but purchased it anyway.

It goes on nicely, the dark colour turns to close to sheer quickly and it doesn't feel cakey or drying at all on my skin, makes for a nice under foundation look. I like it so far.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2008 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

I am in love with Olay products. I believe they beat everything in the market. I was so hoping that there is a tinted moisturizer in this brand and this is what I found. I am very very very oily. This is supposed to be for extra dry skin. I tried some on my hand and tested it for a long time. I noticed that my hand did not become oily or greasy. I bought it. This is a great product because it does not make my skin greasy. I use Definitely and this on top. It covers well and both products make my skin glow and beautiful. I am so happy about not wearing any foundation. My skin looks and feels great. Thanks again OLAY!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2007 6:54:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

This tinted moisturizer is meant for dry skin types and is NOT oil free, however my dry skin is perfect for this TM and it makes my skin feel really soft and silky and flake free.

Upon first seeing the "tint" I feared that this would be much too dark for my fair skin but it is actually very forgiving and brightens my complexion while evening it out and giving it a nice glow.

I am bummed that this product does not contain SPF, especially when so many other of Olay's products do.

I can wear this by itself on a lazy day and it evens out my complexion nicely although it really doesn't hide true zits or anything of that nature. But underneith my mineral foundation it is EXCELLENT. It really works well as a base and makes my makeup go on smoother than almost any other moisturizer I have used, w/o the use of silicones. Yay.

One of the downfalls is it takes a while to absorb and in the meantime does feel a little bit sticky and isn't transfer resistant at that point. But overall my dry skin is very happy with this TM and no breakouts from it yet! I hope I can continue adding this to my permanant line up of daily skin care.

Update: Unfortunately I had to quit using this. I did start to experience a few minor breakouts from this, not so much breakouts I guess but more like just an increase in clogged pores. But my biggest problem became that I just couldn't tolerate how long this took to sink and set. It was constantly rubbing off everywhere it seemed! And although I did like using it as a base, it would of course make anything I put on top rub off much more easily as well and make my makeup look very much more makeup like, if that makes sense. Heh. I've moved on from this. continued >>