December 22, 2014 | 1176 users online

Concealers - Cargo - One Base Concealer and Foundation in One

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Cargo's One Base is one of the best concealers on the market! This is more of a meduim coverage product so if you have very dark discolorations it might not work for you. But if your skin concerns are slight redness, mild blemishes, or light under eye circles give this a try. The texture is light and creamy, it blends into my skin seamlessly. I have light/medium warm skin and 025 matches perfectly. In fact, I don't think I've ever had another product that matches my skin this well. It doesn't cause breakouts, doesn't irritate my skin, has a nice satin finish that doesn't make me greasy. It's almost perfect! Almost, because I just can't stand the packaging. It comes housed in a tube with a doe foot wand applicator. Talk about unsanitary. Also because of the tube there is no way to get all the product out unless you cut it apart and scoop out the One Base into another container. It's also pretty expensive, costing almost $30 for .60 oz of product. But the pros outweigh the cons for sure. I am on my third tube and will be purchasing again in the future.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by amy69

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

45 years old. only get acne once a month. started using this as concealer and I am now breaking out everywhere I use it, around nose, mouth, next to inner eye (close to brow), this is the only thing I changed in my routine (adding this), and obviously the culprit of my acne since I have broken out only on the parts of my face where I use this (and I don't normally break out in any of these spots). fail!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by RutgersGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of my favorite concealers (along with time balm by the balm). Great blend \able consistency. I would say medium coverage for my dark circles. I'm nc42ish and I use shade 03.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by Steelhead242

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only reason why I purchased this product was because it was one of the 50% off items during 15 or 21 (sorry I can't recall) days of beauty at Ulta...One of the employees there showed it to me and I wasn't even interested until she said its 50% off which was $13.50.... I figured I had nothing to lose in trying it for that price. This product is wonderful for sheer to medium coverage. Although somewhat buildable, it's not a full coverage foundation so if you need full coverage this is not for you. I tried it on sunspots, no go. Again, sheer to medium. My foundation routine (I'm medium coverage) is BB cream, dermablend to the sunspot, Cargo One Base dabbed all around and patted with a beauty blender, under eye concealer and set it all with foundation powder - lasts ALL DAY. I love how Onebase is light and easily blendable. The packaging was an outstanding idea, kudos to the ingenious packaging designer!! it's easy to transport: for travel or to throw into your purse if you need "touch up" makeup. Fantastic product all around, I will definitely repurchase even at full price of $27.00, it's worth it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by AnadarlingZ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The first thing that caught my eye about this product was the packaging. I love the fact that it has a little wand-type applicator and is very easy to use. After I tried it on at Sephora, I knew that I needed it. It works amazingly and I love it! The coverage is perfect for me. It isn't drying and is very easy to pat into your skin. I can dab it all over my face and not be worried about it drying out before I have the chance to dab it in.

Although it is on the pricey side, I am already on my second tube. For me, the tube lasts around 6-7 months so it's worth the buy.

It is very simple to throw in your purse on the go. And as a matter of fact, because this works so well for me, I have even stopped using foundation and just use this on my problem areas, work it in, and top it off with powder. It does such a great job blending with my skin that I do not even have to worry about spots.

Overall, definitely a great buy that I will be repurchasing... It'll be my third one!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Catloveschanel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Attempting to document my unhealthy attachment to concealers. My undereye has dark circles due to some unknown reason, so I need one. The Cargo One Base is a very good color and a time saving idea where the concealer is in a wand and you can use it for foundation. It doesn't really cover that well and GUESS WHAT, it dried out my eyes after about 6 hours. It also shows wrinkles in about 6 hours. So I should throw this away. This is so hard for me. Off to document more concealers. Just curious how many I have. (1 out of )

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by heidimarien

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pretty average coverage. Great to keep in your purse as a touch up product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by goldrauschengel

This product was designed for women who only want coverage in some areas of the face, making it well-suited to my needs. I have found virtually all foundations to be too drying on my sensitive combination skin, so on a regular daily basis I opt for concealer and face powder instead. Cargo one base is great for me because it is quick and uncomplicated to use... I just dab a bit around the eyes, the nose and on the chin and spread with my fingertips. The consistency is liquid so it is easy to spread, the coverage is medium, definitely enough to lighten up shadows and correct red patches on fair skin like mine (I use the lightest shade). Staying power is good. I also like the packaging, the tube is easy to carry along. The price is a bit steep though, around 20 via beautybay.com, and there are so many liquid concealers on the market nowadays that I am not entirely sure I will repurchase this one, though I really like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by cyberdelicat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This concealer is very effective at hiding my dark circles, and the color matches my skin tone better than most coverage-products. However, I think it's very drying because the area under my eyes where I apply it started to flake shortly after using it, and after first applying under-eye cream, the flakiness went away. Then the concealer ran into the creases under my eyes!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by sc2944

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I actually like this concealer. I feel as though it gives good coverage, though not FULL coverage if you're one with extremely dark undereye circles. I'd say it was about medium coverage. It doesn't crack and does the job extremely well.

I'd go to Sephora and try it out under my eyes first just to make sure this is the perfect one for you.