Bobbi Brown Cream Shadow Stick

3.6

on 1/14/2015 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought several colors of these sticks when they first came out, thinking that they are the same formula as the Long Wear Cream Shadows in the glass jar packaging but in a more travel friendly packaging. The formula is not quite the same, it doesn't apply as smoothly as the matte shades in the glass packaging and it's not as long wearing either. After using the sticks for close to two years I will not repurchase the darker shades because I find them extremely hard to blend, even when I work very quickly. I also found all but the lightest shade Sunlight Gold to be creasing after a few hours. In terms of color selection I am looking for lighter neutral/cool tones and especially a neutral base tone, but there aren't any - Vanilla is far too yellow for my NW15 coloring and Shadow is a deep, cooler grey, which is a pretty color but it does not blend too well. Neutral/cool light shades and taupes are missing. I will look to Laura Mercier's Caviar Sticks next.

on 1/14/2015 3:40:00 AM

I have the "violet plum" which is a beautiful shade for green eyes. But it's very hard to blend, I really did not expect that. I thought these sticks would be swipe-on, blend a bit and go kind of thing. Maybe this colour is an exception, I don't know. But it does not look good unless very well blended into the lash line, and it sets fast so you have to work quickly. It's also dry, so I feel like I have to tug on the skin a lot to blend it, which is not good. All in all, pretty colour but so-so formula which I won't buy again. Maybe I'll try the Laura Mercier caviar stick next...
UPDATED: I tried this stick with and without primer; with primer it's impossible to blend (see above) and without primer it's much easier to blend, but creases and doesn't last. A great disappointment from Bobbi Brown.

on 6/28/2014 11:39:00 AM

This is a goof-proof smokey eye. You can scribble it on like a 5 year old and it looks sexy. No smudging or creasing; stays put even on waterline. Bone cream shadow on brow bone, heather on lid, and this around the eye will make a hazel eye into a green eye.

on 7/17/2013 11:34:00 AM

I thought a stick would be less convenient than a pot of cream shadow because it would take longer to apply/blend. I was wrong-this even looks great swiped on without blending! Sand Dune is the perfect shade for blue eyes because its a neutral, subtle shade, but it has a warm, peachy undertone that contrasts perfectly with my eye color. No shimmer, so it doesn't make my eyelids look wrinkly or crepey. This has great pigmentation with one swipe and cances out any redness or discoloration on my lids. This lasts as well as any cream shadow I've tried and doesn't need additional primer to last all day.

on 2/18/2006 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I at one point owned all of these. They are cream shadows in a stick. They creased on me so I switched to MAC paints. Great idea but creasing didnt work for me.

on 10/25/2004 5:17:00 PM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

I am a huge fan of all the cream shadow sticks. I have most of the shimmer or "iced" shades. They are very long wear, and stood up to the hot Jamaica sun for all of the models I used them on for a calendar shoot. I did use a touch of powder shadow over them for extra setting power! I highly recommend them. I do also like the MAC Shadesticks, but the BB version is smoother in texture!

on 9/10/2004 4:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I don't know why I bought this. I don't like cream shadows, my lids are too oily. However, I do use this as a base for regular shadows and it changes the pigment and depth of the top colour nicely. I t also makes them stay put - go figure. This stick will last a lifetime so I won't need to repurchase.

on 6/10/2004 10:56:00 AM

Wow! The makeup artist at BB put this on me in Pebble, and I loved it! I would have never looked at it before, because it's a grayish-purple shade, and that's just not really me. But he said that it would make my blue eyes stand out, and he was right! I didn't buy it because I was already blowing my money on other products, but I wish I had! I'm gonna order it soon. :-)

on 12/24/2003 11:36:00 AM

I've had good luck with one of the matte colors (Sea Shell), but the shimmer version of this (Peach Ice) did not work for me. Sea Shell just lasts and lasts on me--no creasing even into the evening (I do prep my lid with Chanel Eye Shadow Base, which I've used for years). The other thing I like about Sea Shell--it really helps hold my eyeliner (I use a dark BB shaddow applied with a BB eye liner brush) and helps me make a nice smooth line. In fact, I've had a Chanel MA comment on what a great job I did lining my lid. However, the Peach Ice wound up creasing by mid-afternoon--and also I decided it was just too shimmery for my taste. The Peach Ice got tossed in my "beauty graveyard."

on 10/24/2003 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is indeed a very good and user-friendly problem. The texture is very creamy and most suitable for even very dry eyelids. It does what it promises, very simmery, too. However, maybe that's the problem, it is too shimmery for my lids. I have tried it several times (Iced Pink), but it always made my eyes appeared like I dun sleep enough. Probably the cold tone of the Iced Pink contributes to that. I really want to like this, uh, quite a pity. It is very convenience to use and I always like Bobbi Brown.