Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax, Glyeryl Sterarate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Simethicone, Quarternium-15, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77492, CI77499, 77491 / Iron Oxides CI77007 / Ultramarines, Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI75470 / Carmine, CI77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI77742 / Manganese Violet. CI77742.

I know this is one of those products that people either love or hate. I really enjoy it. It is a more wet formula than most other mascaras, but for me that's not an issue. There's a reason this has been around for decades.

I purchased this when it was on sale and it's a decent mascara as it does not clump at all however it doesn't really do much volume wise

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the worst mascara on the market. I've no idea why it has any positive reviews at all. It builds no volume at all and the brush sucks. There's hardly any mascara on the brush and it's very hard to get any mascara on the lashes. Magazines consistently rate this high on their lists of great products and it should actually be on the worst product list. Maybe this is a good product for 13 year old girls who are just starting out on the makeup trail but it isn't a good product for real women. It's really awful and I certainly don't recommend it for anyone would wants to darken their lashes or who wants nice volume or length. I can't think of one attribute of Great Lash, frankly. It's a terrible product that Maybelline should take off the market ASAP. It's not worth 5 cents. I definitely don't recommend it.

I always saw my friends with this product so I figured it must be a quality mascara and I picked one up. I was so wrong. This mascara is awful. Does not give you any volume and clumps, flakes, and is overall just a cheap mascara.

I'm sure it may have been a good product before, but that is not true for this now.

Excuse my profanities but I just want to make this crystal clear- this is the f*cking worst mascara I've ever used. My hands are tainted after touching that mascara. It is the most overrated product I've ever encountered.
Think of all the crappy mascaras you've used in your lifetime. Now, think of all of those combined to create an archdemon of evil that wants to ruin your eyelashes and your life. That's this mascara.
Don't buy it. Save yourself while you can.

Ok Mascara. Not very good for those who have little lashes, but otherwise nice.

This was the very first mascara I ever used when I was a young girl and I've repeatedly made the mistake of going back to it over and over again for one reason and one reason only. The wand. I LOVE the arched shape of the applicator. But what a horrible formula for the mascara itself! Flaky, smudgy, raccoon eyed look is not what I'm after. For years I just didn't bother with mascara at all - partly because I have allergies and rub my eyes a lot and mascara just irritated them even more. But allergies aside, you definitely can get a nice amount of mascara on your lashes with this product, it's the longevity that is the problem. And I'm not sure why anyone would be applying mascara for only an hour or so because that is about how long it will last before you are either removing it or spending the rest of the day dealing with the fall out of this one. I know it's economical, usually somewhere around $4 on sale but it's not worth even that in my opinion. In this case, you get what you pay for...

Save your money, spend a little more and buy another formula that won't have you looking like you have the darkest under eye circles ever, smeared your makeup, didn't remove yesterday's mascara, or want to hang out with a bunch of raccoons.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I'd heard great things about this mascara from Youtube Beauty Gurus so I decided to purchase it as it's inexpensive and Maybelline are always having "3 for 2" deals in Superdrug. I have to say though, I'm incredibly disappointed in this product - the formula is way too wet which means I almost always smudge it on freshly-done eyeshadow, and the wand is just 'okay'. I would suggest using this mascara for only bottom lashes as the wet formula is less likely to smudge on those!

I have quite high standards when it comes to mascara so in order to make room for more I've thrown this one out and I don't miss it!

Overall it's a decent mascara for a beginner, reminds me of when I first started wearing make up. I can't use it now though because it does nothing positive for me; it's clumpy, the formula is super wet, doesn't lengthen or curl. The only time I'll buy this product now is if they have the limited edition colours.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Ok a lot of people hate this product, but I loved it.

I am asian, half Japanese half Indian. I have a Japanese skin tone and Indian facial features, so I guess I have quite long eyelashes + big eyes. This works well on people who have naturally long eyelashes and don't want length/curl effects, but volume.

Let me get off by saying, since my eyelashes are long, they don't look good when curled, my friend once said they look hyper fake when curled which was.. just.. really embarrassing. I like this because it adds volume and looks really natural on me and it doesn't dry up. It has that nice wet feeling to it, not wet wet, but like the feeling of a brand new mascara wet. This 'new' feeling lasts for months on end. A lot of people don't like this because it doesn't add much volume it's no lancome hypnose. This does not add much length or curl, but honestly that is not what I really look for in mascaras.

It comes off quite easily, and the waterproof version lasts in rain. Plus it is in attractive packaging.

If you are looking for mega volume and length, don't get this.

Popular Mascaras