January 25, 2015 | 1055 users online

Concealers - NYX - Full Coverage Concealer Jar - Yellow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2015 9:59:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was using my MUD lemon yellow concealer and didn't want to use it up so I was looking for one for daily use. I'm an NW20, very cool undertones, and blonde hair for reference. I was on the NYX site and saw this and thought I would try this out. It comes in a little pot, is very creamy, a little goes a very long way with this product as well. I use a brush always because I use this before my foundation to minimize using concealer after. I use this under my eyes in the reverse triangle, around my nose, middle of my forehead, and chin. I then blend it in with my RT blender brush. Then I use whatever foundation I like atm and apply with my fingers first then use my RT buffing brush and it's like skin magic! I'm cool toned as well but this works better for me then the green.

With this I use a synthetic Mac brush the 194 and its perfect for all the areas I need to apply it. Now this is very soft you only need a thin layer. I literally blend till it looks almost one with my skin. Then my foundation goes on without spreading the yellow in the places I don't want. I wouldn't use my fingers in this because I would waste product so I do recommend a brush it will just make your life easier. Also a thin layer was all I needed to get the red covered as that is my main problem. It is really easy to use and it works. I want to get the green just because I enjoy the yellow and the porcelain concealer covers a spot perfectly for me. So the combo works on me.

This is a good product I gave the packaging 4 lippies because I wish it was made like a pan where I had a wider area to use my brush. No biggie though as I don't use my fingers. A little goes a very long way so this product will last me forever! The price is totally reasonable for the amount of product you get. It doesn't cake up if I need to add another layer, and it's so easy to blend. Really good yellow concealer for my needs which is tons of redness and some bluing under my eyes. Great product! Recommended!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 1:39:00 AM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Good consistency, didn't cause creasing that I noticed but I always set my concealer with a powder, currently MAC MIneralized Skinfinish in Light Plus The jar is a bit small to use fingers with without getting it all under fingernails. I would just use a small detail brush for easier application and also sanitary reasons. I prefer my Pixi Correction Concentrate in Brightening Peach for under eye color correction.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 6:43:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like ran to buy this when I found out they made a yellow corrector but was VERY suprised I didn't love this product as I tend to love most yellow concealer products. The formula turned out kind of grainy and unnatural on me and I couldn't blend it in with the rest of my makeup. This is usually never a problem! I even really like the NYX concealers and eye primer jar...this just looked really funny. One way to kind of make it work was to mix it with the concealers/primer. Layering it did not look good for some reason! The lavendar was surprisingly more effective and more natural under their concealers. Paying more for Benefit Lemon Aid is actually worth it. That one is now giving me big results!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Justminick

I really like this stuff for the fact that it's not a high end brand but it does its job well. I like the consistency of it - I am sick of the liquid goop that color correctors often come as. It's a solid pasty type of thing, which blends in better and more intentionally. I can stay to the spot I want, and not just have to smear it all over.

The yellow works pretty well, on my face at least (whereas the green I bought for the reddish areas doesn't seem to do it so much). I use the yellow mostly under my eyes where the color is blueish.

As I mentioned, it blends well. I just use my forefinger to apply it so that I heat in up a little and it blends in better. I do blend with my ring finger because my forefinger is too strong for that area of skin and tends to irritate it. I blends nicely up to and under my eye lashes.

I would recommend this product. It was recommended to me by an ulta saleswoman,

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe1066

A good concealer: yellow enough to take the edge off of the circles but not so yellow that it stands out under foundation. The formula is long-lasting. Unfortunately, it does crease but I can blend the creases out as they appear. My biggest complaint with the product is the packaging: the pot makes it difficult to use my fingers to apply it. Also, I have to use a brush to reach all of the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by finz2left

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have dark circles under my eyes and just a little of this wonderful product hides them better than anything else I have ever used (Smashbox is second). I use a primer and it doesn't settle in my fine lines. It stays put all day and takes a few years of my aging eyes!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2012 6:33:00 AM More reviews by vintjus

I am shock to see all of the good reviews...I bought this yellow one since I (think) have a fair skin color...for dark circle under my eyes, this concealer did amazing (from far!) maybe I bought it in a wrong color though, 'cause there's something wrong...hmm..., when i look at my under eye after aplied it, i see tiny spots...I don't know why that happened.
I got a question, is this concealer only for dark circle? Cause since it doesnt work well for my under eye, i tried it to cover my blemish, red/purple spot or as a highlighter...and nope, that's also not working...still with that tiny spots problem...

I had high hope for this thing at the first place, now, super bump!
The thing that i like from this concealer is it smell..it smells like a baby powder or something...and got good packaging too...

Now I'm using revlon photoready concealer stick, and so far so good...I'm sorry nyx, I love you, but I'm not a fan of this product

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by TeaGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was really disappointed with this product. I found it gave minimal coverage at best.

This product definitely glides on. Its smooth but it doesn't counter my very dark purple areas. A little to much blending and this product disappears off my skin but remains settled in any lines and pores.

Its very light in colour. I have very pale skin and very dark areas under my eyes. It acts almost like a highlighter on my skin and a minimal concealer on the dark areas which actually makes them stand out even more.

I don't understand why this products is so sheer. I have tried different ways of applying it and it doesn't seem to get any better..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by thathoneydip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Awesome product! I use this everyday to help conceal my under eye circles. It has 7g of product so its going to last for a while. This product is a very pale soft yellow. It's creamy and smooth, blends very easily. i havent had trouble with it creasing or anything. i have a yellow undertone so i dont really have to put another concealer over this yellow. Sometimes i just put this on, apply my all over face powder and go. I love this product. and its super affordable!! Definitely going to buy another.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2011 9:19:00 AM More reviews by BarbItalia

Added 11/27/11 I now use this very effectively to preconceal blemishes and scars before liquid or mineral foundation! Great product to keep in your stash.

7/22/11 I've found that applying ELF's Mineral Eyeshadow Primer under my eyes before applying NYX's Concealer Jar makes for an even smoother, longer-wearing finish! Wonderful concealer! And this shade is brilliant; as others have said it is VERY pale yellow, but this works on my reddened/purple undereye circles in a very surprising way. Initially I bought this to pre-correct my allergy-irritated inner eye and undereye discoloration under my NYX Concealer Jar in "Light". But I've found that this does the job all by itself, there's no need to layer another shade on top of it (let me add here that I'm very fair and olive-skinned). I apply with my fingertip over my face primer, blend and pat it out, then dust with my Coastal Scents Silica Spheres Powder (see my review) with an Ecotools Deluxe Concealer Brush. Then I apply my mineral foundation and finish my face. This concealer lasts all day with no creasing or caking. I'm very pleased with this product and highly recommend it. At this price one can afford to buy a few different shades with which to experiment!