October 22, 2014 | 1997 users online

Pressed Powders - Chanel - Poudre Douce 30 Rosee

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by catherinesophia

I bought this like two years ago, and I have never used it until today. I use it over the new cream foundation, and it works great. I had no idea why I needed pressed powder, until I started noticing that my makeup was like slipping off my face. I hadn't noticed this before, because I have terrible lighting in my house. and I moved my makeup desk to the window recently, in order to take advantage of the natural light. Anyhow, I really like this setting powder. I have very pale skin, and I don't like to wear a lot of makeup, but I do wear blush and a bit of bronzer, and this pressed powder makes my foundation and concealer stay put before I put the color on my skin (blush and bronzer). It also gives my skin an airbrushed look to it. I had no idea that I had such a gold mine sitting in my makeup bin. I don't have oily skin, but because I use vitamin C, moisturizer, and then sunblock under my cream foundation, this powder helps my makeup stay put. Great product and a little goes a long way :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've had this product for years and am still at a loss for how to use it. Initially, I bought it on a whim for the purpose of setting my foundation. With my waaay lighter than NC15 skin, I was on a hunt for a super light colored powder. While this product is definitely pale, using it as a setting powder left my face horribley sparkley in certain lighting. Not etheral or glowing, just down right weird.

Because of the price, I held on to it. It's been staring at me from the depths of my makeup collection for quite some time. I try to use it as a highlighter, but it barely shows up. My skin looks the same as if I didn't apply it, which is odd considering how it looked when applied to set my face.

It's a beautiful compact, and the product inside is lovely smelling, smooth and high quality. I just wish I could figure out how to use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am always looking for a product to perfect my skin and overall look.

I am past the age where shimmer/glittery stuff will work to confuse the other eyeballs which might see me -- and I ran into this by chance. I was buying the RC Shines and the charming SA tried some on me and I realized the subtle but important difference this made on my skin. The foundation although Chanel, stopped looking like foundation but became a subtle enhancement for great skin.

I immediately bought the last two they had left -- I was told that they don't get many of these in and they sell quickly -- I would guess that anyone who sees how this transforms the skin in such a sublte and elegant way will fork out the money for it. It is not cheap, but it's cheaper than botox.

love !

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by madvertsify

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am NC20/ chanel vitalumiere aqua B020. this is super amazing. i was looking fr a subtle highlighter when i bought this. It's pale pink in the pan but doesn't show up much on the skin. there are SUBTLE sparkles (very very tiny). So when i put it on my cheekbones, under the brow and everywhere I highlight it's great. I don't like too much sparkles or glitter even on a night out so this is perfect. I wear it on top of my chanel vitalumiere aqua n i LUUUUUURVE it :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2010 5:34:00 AM More reviews by addercat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I actually went to Chanel in search of this powder but in the peach color, and I might still go back for that in the summer, but for my NW20 skin rosee is absolutely perfect, the SA was so right to rec it! I apply it after powder (Universelle Libre) verrry lightly and it just gives a really subtle healthy glow. I don't even want to use the word "glow" because it's more subtle than that, it just makes me look healthy and is the perfect finishing touch. I absolutely love this, and if you're worried about the price just know that this will last you a LONG time. Well worth it IMO!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Kallisandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder is pretty finely milled and a slight rose color. Works extremely well with my skin tone. I glow...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie90

This is exactly what I have been looking for in a pressed powder for sooo long!!! It works as a great setting powder over makeup, producing the same soft-focus effect as a loose powder. It never looks cakey, no matter how many times I reapply during the day. I love how it adds a very subtle sheen and makes me glow!! So the result is a matte, yet luminous look if that makes sense. I also love the color of this powder, it is a very very light ballerina pink which is great for color correcting. I often find that yellow-toned powders make my NC15 skin look....strange. Oddly enough, I also find this controls my oily skin pretty well. And contrary to what some people said, there are NO visible glitter particles on my skin in broad daylight!! You just glow....I absolutely love the color-correcting, luminous properties this offers!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by FleurDefendue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the packaging and the way it looks in the pan. I also loved it when first applied on my hand, it was so fine, so soft and slightly shimmery, so I thought it would be HG. I tried applying it with a puff, with a fluffy brush, with a kabuki... Unfortunately, it didn't work and I couln't figure out what I am doing wrong (I also own Mimosa and Lilas and I like them). At first it looks nice and glowy without being over the top. After a while my whole face has a strange slightly rosey all-over color which is hard to describe, like I have been exposed to the sun and have been slightly burnt - not at all flattering. Also, it makes me look very shiny. At first I thought that it was just the "wrong glow", but my face gets actually very oily when I use this, even over my new HG Mat Lumiere (which alone keeps me oil-free all day long...). I ended up using it on my decollete on special occasions.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2009 4:59:00 AM More reviews by gumbyguy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This review is for Chanel’s Poudre Douce Soft Pressed Powder. To tell you the truth, I’m a bit conflicted about this one. On one hand, it’s quite lovely. The powder is finely milled, silky to the touch. It has a delightful soft, floral scent. It goes on easily. It helps to warm up my pale skin. And it helps to even out my skin tone (which is gawd awful, so this a big plus). On the other hand, it doesn’t soak up oil very well (I have oily skin and wear sunblock); not nearly as well as Mac Blot. So if you reapply it, which I must, the “glow” quickly become a shiny/greasy look. I sometimes am startled when looking in the mirror to see I am looking more like the Tin Woodsman than “luminous”. In conclusion, I reckon this is good stuff if you have normal-to-dry skin, but not so good if you have oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 6:40:00 PM More reviews by redhead2000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For reference, I am NW15, red hair, green eyes, and freckles. I had high hopes for this powder. I kept reading on the boards and reviews that it made skin look glowing and ethereal. It didn't do either for me. This is pink in the pan, but when I applied it, it didn't give my skin any additional color. In fact, it really didn't do anything to enhance my skin. Like catnap commented, it made my face very sparkly in the sun. I would not purchase this again. At the time of this review, the powder is $50 for 14g/0.49oz. To me, it's not worth the $$$.