Ojon Hydrating Thickening Shampoo

3.5

on 10/21/2011 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best product I have ever used on my hair. Now that it has been discontinued, it has been a challenge finding it at a reasonable price. I also use the hydrating conditioner - both products make my hair shiny, bouncy and healthy.

Ojon, bring this shampoo and conditioner back!

on 8/17/2011 11:40:00 AM

This shampoo is not good if you have really long hair. It doesn't lather well, and really doesn't thicken all that well either. It left my fine, straight hair unmanageable after getting out of the shower. Also, "Ojon oil" is really just palm oil with a fancy name.

on 1/18/2011 1:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I used this product for a about 2 months with ok results. It did give the illusion of thicker hair but it made my scalp dry. I went back to my Graham Webb Shampoo and will keep this as a backup.

on 10/6/2010 3:30:00 PM

I really like this shampoo and conditioner. I have straight, fine, thin, oily color treated hair and these products add tons of body without stripping my color or weighing it down.

on 8/6/2010 9:10:00 AM

I get the best results by using
1. Restorative pre-cleansing treatment (on damp hair for 5mins)
2. Hydrating Thickening shampoo (1 min)
3. Hydrating thickening conditioner (2 mins)
The first stage really makes a huge difference to the softness and shine, and the shampoo and conditioner give me the thick wavy hair I used to have before my hair became thinner.
I'd received the Pre-cleansing treatment free from my order on QVC and I would definately buy these all again! Love it!

I use the Ojon Restorative hair treatment once a week and I love the fact that it transformed my dull dry (non-coloured)hair- even though it turned out I had thyroid problems. A money saving hint is to use a cheap shampoo for the first wash to remove the greater part of oily Restorative hair treatment. Ojon made me feel good about my hair again!

on 6/4/2010 1:38:00 PM

Love this product so much, have the huge liter sized bottles with pump. Smells divine (fresh, clean, green-herbal), Makes my hair super soft, thicker, shiny and healthy

on 5/16/2010 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very disappointed with this one. After the reviews I read I thought it would be a good choice. No so. it actually made my hair more dry and dull. Complete opposite. The bottle is hard to disperse, poor packaging, smells okk though, thats about it. For the money, terrible. Better off buying a non name $2 bottle od shampoo. I do not recommend this one. I have returned for a refund.

on 4/26/2010 12:02:00 AM

I bought the shampoo and conditioner from Sephora and I fell in love enough to order the liter bottles online. After finishing them I can write a review and decided that I won't buy them again. At the beginning it did make my hair a little thicker and shiny but after using it for 2 weeks made my hair really dull and had a lot of build-up. I had to use a clarifying shampoo every week and to alternate them with something else. By the time I finished the liter bottles I got really sick of them and realized that they don't moisturize at all or thicken my hair...they just didn't weighted down my hair at the beginning but if I use them more than 2 weeks ..they do.

on 3/25/2010 9:16:00 PM

I love this product. My hair looks and feels thicker and healthier. The longer I've used it the better I like it. I shampoo daily, then use the hydrating volumizing conditioner, hydrating thickening spray, and hydrating volumizing foam. Definitely massage the shampoo and conditioner for the minute suggested. And I don't overdo the treatment or foam. Two pumps of the treatment and half a pump of foam for chin length hair.

on 2/4/2010 10:49:00 AM

I bought this as part of a set and used it with the original ojon treatment and the thickening conditioner for a few months.
I made sure to follow all the instructions on the packaging after reading some bad reviews, and would advise making sure you leave the shampoo in for a full minute before rinsing, and shamnpooing twice, especially after using the ojon treatment.
I have very straight, quite fine but flat hair, and most of the thickening products I've tried haven't worked at all.
This actually did thicken my hair, and I think it may be a little shinier with less breakages. BUT.. I don't like the change in texture, and would prefer a more volumising effect (or more hair) which is why I would not purchase it again.
I still gave it a high rating because this isn't Ojons fault - in fact it does what they say, I just had different expectations beacuse of products I've used before.