November 24, 2014 | 924 users online

Styling Products - Aussie - Dual Personality Hi Hold Hi Shine Hairspray

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by cvcwade

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was using Elnett for years then by accident I came across this hairspray. I'm so glad I did because for me compared to Elnett this is a million times better. I have very long hair (past the shoulder but not waist length, inbetween) and like to curl it with rollers, it stays in most of the day, doesn't go hard and crispy to the touch and smells nice. I would recommend it and have gone back to buy more.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by gabbott

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product has no hold, it's a very wet spray. Will not re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by nghane

At first I really didn't like this product: it made my hair crispy and frizzy. After using it for a while though, I realized that I was spraying too close to my hair and thus, the product wasn't being distributed evenly. I learned from trial and error that to make this product effective when trying to hold curls, DON'T spray to the tops of your hair at all, instead spray the curls from about 6 or more inches away from the bottom.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by purrbox5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I love most Aussie products I've tried & had a coupon so I figured I'd try the hairspray. This smells great, as all Aussie products do & gives a bit of shine but it just doesn't have the holding power as some others I've tried. If it did, I'd give it 5 stars for sure. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by user24678

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I picked this up when I received a voucher in the mail for one free Aussie styling product, after I had complained to them about not liking the new Instant Freeze spray. I'm glad I didn't pay anything for this hairspray. The nozzle is HORRIBLE (clogs continuously and causes the next spray to come out in a super hard, heavy burst, and just sprays with uneven pressure in general all the time), and the spray really lacks hold. I've had worse formulas but this is nothing special and doesn't do the job for me. I'd probably have to use an entire can to hold my style in place and it would probably take me half the day to style my hair with it because of the stupid nozzle never working properly. The only good thing I can say about it is that it doesn't dry white or leave my dark hair looking dull like many other sprays do (though I'm not sure if it actually adds any shine). But still... useless to me because of the weak hold, and not worth the stress of trying to get the friggin' can to cooperate!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by alex193

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very long hair that is normal/thin but I have a lot of it - the texture is sort of curly/kinky/wavy. I don't use hair product on a daily basis but I have found that this hairspray works especially well on days I try and coax some natural curl into my hair. Usually what I will do in this case is wash it, towel dry, don't brush it at all, diffuse it with my head upside down until about 90% dry, and the spray the crap out of it with this hairspray. I try and spray each layer of hair and get the roots, and lightly scrunchy while shaking it out to separate the layers and make it BIG and beachy-looking. This spray works excellent in this scenario and def. takes the curls from looking frumpy to fabulous, and the holding power stays. I'm not sure if it really adds a lot of shine. I can usually go for a few days with my hair like this, refreshing the volume and curls in the mornings with this hairspray. By the end of a few days of just adding product, it is pretty dry feeling, but still looks great and my hair feels normal after washing it out.

I also use this occasionaly when blowing my hair straight and using a curling iron on the ends. It holds very well with a small amount of product. As others have said, follow the directions; spray 12" away in short bursts for the best results.

I also find it works quite will with up-do's, although better for messier ones than smooth ones IME.

If I spray this in damp hair it creates a nice texture, if that is something you are looking for.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

I'm on the hunt for a replacement for my TiGi Masterpiece h/s (too much $ for me now) and after reading MANY MANY reviews, I have now been using this for 2 weeks (alternating w/ a few others). Pros = inexpensive, easy to find at stores, adds a bit of shine and has a light, pleasant scent that quickly dissipates. This is supposed to be a strong hold = NOT. IMO it is a medium hold which evaporates after 3 hours = 1.5 lippie deduction (so my actual rating is a 3.5).

The search continues to find a replacement imparts shine AND is actually a strong hold.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by ashjade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

by far the best hairspray i've ever had for holding hair into place! even my friends noticed how my hair was still perfect at the end of clubbing!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by xenamarie

I've been using this product for about a week, but the real test was today. It's now 5pm and it's been raining all day. I've had to be out in the rain off and on, but my hairstyle is still going strong! (layered/flipped up at ends). Once this is dry I can't comb or brush thru it (the only drawback) but since I shampoo every day it's not a big deal (those who shampoo less frequently may not like this hairspray). I love the aerosol application and mild scent (which fades quickly). I will repurchase! (Got this one at CVS last week for $2.99 plus got back $1 extra buck!)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Evets

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was extremely disappointed in this. I believed what it said because of the brand. It makes my hair dull and dry. I pay quite abit for highlight processing.It looks so pretty when it is shiny, but this is not one to give you shine. Actually it sprays way too much out and also does not hold that well either. I bought 2 because on sale, so made3 2 mistakes!