Kosmea Rosehip Oil

4.5

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is world's original rosehip oil and in my opinion by far the best. It is thick, dark orange with a strong herbaceous smell. Kosmea rosehip oil is made of rosehip seeds as well as the fruit hence the levels of vitamins and antioxidants are much higher than in seed only rosehip oils. I have used all the most popular brands of rosehip oil and there is nothing better than this. My skin absolutely loves this oils and I highly recommend it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought this yesterday and have used it 2x so far. No changes as of yet except that my face feels smooth. However, it's still flaky surrounding the acne scarring. I suffer from clogged pores and dehydrated skin. I'll update again.
Price is quite expensive! $22 for 20 ml! But I hope it lasts ages. I use 1-2 drops to apply and my skin drinks it up very quickly. It's a dry oil and I'm still experimenting how to apply it the best way as it soaks up too quickly.
This brand has rich orange colour unlike other brands, so I think it's less refined and more pure. Its smell is more nutty as well compared to other brands. I have never tried other brands though, this is my first rose hip oil. I've only compared the texture, smell and colour through testers at the shop.

UPDATE 10/11/2015: It's been a week, I know it's not long enough. But I feel like my skin is getting worse with this. More clogged. I've tried using 2 drops on damp face, mix it with ACV toner, and use it on dry face. But it seems like my skin doesn't like it at all. My pores become more obvious.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I used this product everyday for 3 months. At first I thought it was okay. It moisturized great. The reason I bought it was because I wanted a natural moisturizer for my face. Also it says it helps clear pimples and scars but it did not for me at all. This did not clear any of my pimples or remove my scars. Eventually.. I started to notice I was getting more pimples. I refused to believe it was because of this. How can this oil with so many great reviews be causing me pimples? no way. So I kept using it. It got to a point where my acne just became inflamed. So I decided to stop using it. Then my pimples started to clear. It was almost like my skin was thanking me for not using it. It felt like my skin could actually breathe! I really don't recommend it if you have acne. It does not clear it up. Trust me. Very disappointing. I was really hoping on using this everyday.

I used this in my early 20s with terrible results. It blocked my pores and aggravated acne. However, I wanted to believe that it'd do good for my skin.
So I came back to it in my now late 20s where I no longer am oily as I used to be. This product is the best for skin suppleness! It makes your skin so smooth and elastic. I can't comment on its ability to reduce dark spots as I still have them and honestly nothing has helped for me...Including expensive SK-II products.

This is the more expensive rose hip oil, but the colour is richer, the oil itself feels thicker too. I suppose it's that they use the whole seed. I can't comment on whether that means more antioxidants but I certainly prefer this than the diluted yellow ones!

This is a lovely oil, very good quality. I keep it in the box on my counter and use it near daily. Unfortunately I can't say that I've noticed any particular benefit from using this oil. I use lots of oils but never had come across a good rosehip oil that I wanted to try. I am an oil junkie - in Egypt I was called "the lady of the oils" :-) so I usually have nothing but raves for the benefits of using good quality oils and EOs for beauty. And I'm glad to see so many people getting amazing results.

The benefits of this one however didn't manifest for me. I've seen a distinct worsening of my skin in the last 6 months that I've been using this, and although that could be due to several other reasons I could name, it does show that this oil hasn't been able to help my skin stay strong and to keep delivering benefits to counteract any other reason. The lines around my eyes have gotten worse, my skin is broken out, etc. I only use a few drops on damp freshly cleaned skin at night before moisturizing.

I'm just at the end of the bottle, thought it was time to give a review on it after giving it a fair try.

Still giving it tops marks though and it was a pleasure to use (didn't stain my skin or night clothes, smelled earthy nice, dropper was sturdy and effective to get right to the bottom and give controlled dispensing, bottle and label stayed clean - no leaks, gorgeous colour). But there are other oils out there for me.

Luckily I have a unopened bottle of Dermapeutics Marula Oil Anti-Oxidant Serum in a cool place and will be moving on to that. I've had amazing results with Marula oil which I was using before the Rosehips. It saved my skin earlier this year after a particularly harsh sunbaked holiday when nothing would restore my skin's balance.

I love this rosehip oil! I've used others in the past such as Trilogy, but Kosmea works so much better for me. Trilogy doesn't sink in as well and doesn't provide the same results. It might be more suitable for dry skin.
Kosmea sinks in beautifully and makes my skin look plump and healthy straight away. I'm mainly using it to help even out skin tone and help with acne scars. I have noticed an evening of my skin tone, and a reduction in some of my acne scars, however I will need to use it longer to see if it can get rid of them completely. Since using this my skin looks healthier, more uniform and glowy. To my amazement, I have also not had one pimple! It really seems to keep them at bay, so don't be afraid of this if you're acne-prone like me. I have since ditched all my other products and am using this morning and night. Being an oil, I'm impressed with how it works under makeup. My makeup doesn't slide off or look oily. I tried Trilogy under makeup and my makeup looked hideous and I got some small breakouts. Kosmea has really balanced my skin. My skin used to be so oily, but since using this, even under my makeup, my skin is so much less oily! I can't see myself without this product now and I'm a product junkie! I've always thought natural products don't work, but I'm happily proven wrong with product and I can't wait to try more of Kosmea's products. If you're looking for a quality Rosehip oil, you can't go past this one!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Great product if you have hyperpigmentation. Most of my dark colouring from acne are gone or have become much much lighter. It also helps with small wrinkles that are starting to form round my eyes and forehead. The lines are now so fine that you can hardly see them. You don't need a lot. I premix it with my Complex 15 moisturizer in a little jar so I don't over use and waste the oil. It's also more convenient in the mornings when I'm in a rush. l highly recommend it. It works better than some expensive creams out there. The cost per use gives good value for money. l've tried other rosehip oils but they look quiet diluted. This one is really concentrated. As I mentioned you only need a little.

Nothing but the BEST rosehip oil. The smell is a bit weird but other than that nothing is bad from this product. It's hydrating and a very good anti oxidant.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love putting rosehip oil on my face and this stuff is really nice. However, I do think its overpriced. You can find rosehip oil for way cheaper but a lot of it is not as good of quality, but I think you can find one that is as good of quality for less.

I tend to think 90% of beauty products rely on a combination of marketing and placebo effect to achieve their notoriety, but not so with Kosmea's rosehip oil. I had heard how amazing rosehip oil can be for the skin, and decided to give it a try some 4 years ago. Even then, with a cheaper quality product, I saw great results that really shocked me.
After detoxing from beauty products while pregnant, I came back to rosehip oil and decided to upgrade to Kosmea's... and WOW. I've had acne scarring and discoloration for years that has kept me behind a mask of foundation-- and now, after about 6 months of daily use, I find that I have to remind myself that I've already washed make up off my face-- my complexion has improved THAT drastically. I think the key is in the fact that Kosmea uses the whole berry, not just the seed, which infuses the whole mix with a ton of added vitamin C. Anyway, I can safely say that this is my HG and then some-- I've even got my husband on it and he swears by it too.

TIP: Here's the BEST way to apply this stuff, IMHO. Take a simple moisturizer and rub it thoroughly in between your palms. Then, apply a few drops of the oil as well and slick it out across your hands, careful not to blend it too much with the moisturizer. With your hands covered in the oil, pat onto face, neck and decolletage.
By using the moisturizer on your hands first, you're filling in the skin and keeping it from absorbing the oil intended for your face. Also, it makes applying the oil a breeze-- it only takes seconds, and you're not wasting product on cotton balls or your hands.