December 19, 2014 | 1669 users online

Treatments (Face) - Kosmea Rosehip Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Laurelwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I must say that I don't use the specific Kosmea brand, however I use New Roots (if anyone is interested). The bottle claims that the oil is organic.

I have been using rose hip seed oil for 2 years now, mostly during the winter months and I've noticed improvement in elasticity and evenness of my skin tone/texture. I only purchased it to help my PIH and UV damage but I can't say if the rosehip seed oil is working on those.

All in all, it's a great product. Don't expect miracles, but do expect glowing skin and deep hydration.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by tigerh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I started with this but now use Neals Yard Organic Rosehip Oil as it's a lot easier to get hold of. I still use the Kosmea bottle as the dropper is really handy. I originally used this neat straight after cleansing but now I use a 50:50 mix with Argan oil. Even on it's own, it's really moisturising and soothing. It's part of my skincare staple products and I can't see that I'll ever stop using it. You can use it under or over a normal moisturiser - I do as my skin is really quite dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 7:13:00 AM More reviews by geekinpink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

TL;DR: Absorbs well, doesn't break me out, good moisturizing properties.
I'm still not 100% decided on this product so will update after more use. I've been using for about a month and here is my usage and opinion: I use on damp skin, 3-4 drops for face and neck. It absorbs nicely and wears very very well under foundation. I have combo skin and this is nicer under foundations than most moistuizers I use. I am not in a great routine but try to use AM and PM. Love it around the eyes and temples. I had a cold and it healed my raw nose skin quickly. I'm not quite sure if it is causing some minor pimples on my jawline and chin however. I am extremely breakout prone and this does not cause cysts or an immediate reaction. So, it could be random pimples. I may have to use this only at night, or just use very very lightly on jawline. Overall my skin is doing well and appears healthier and smoother than a month ago.
I purchased from well.ca in Canada and feel for the amount I use, its a good value, especially if you compare this product to a high priced serum. As for smell, it is very similar to flax oil. Kinda gross but you can't change nature! And it goes away quickly.

Edit: Upped my review to 5 stars. This def doesn't break me out and once I started using twice daily I started seeing nice changes in my skin. Highly recommended!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by peeweekissme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it actually made me break out even more. not happy camper. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Kittenwhiskas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this after experiencing a lot of irritation/redness/flaking from a retinol product which I no longer use, and it did a good job of repairing and healing the irritation. This is basically a very gentle and effective healing potion/moisture boost for dry irritated skin.

I mix 3 drops of the oil with Clinique Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisteriser for Dry to Very Dry skin (another great product for very sensitive skin), it gives the white clinique cream a gentle yellow hue which looks nice on my skin and saturates my skin with a soothing layer of moisture which feels amazing. I would definitely recommend mixing this with a moisteriser as its quite pigmented, and I think it would eventually stain your skin over time if you don't mix it with a moisteriser to dilute the rich amber pigments.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Missbo

OMG!! This oil works!! It has made a big difference to my skin! I get hormonal chin acne and have scarring there as well.. Ive been using this for 4 days now and im seeing the good results already!! U originally wanted to buy the organic argan oil but the sales rep said this stuff was better and honestly im loving it. Its not heavy and oily and u might think putting oil on ur face will make things worse- it wont! This oil will balance the other oils in ur skin not causing u to break out,etc! I would def. recommend!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Stolz69

Love it. Has made a massive difference to my skin! Must have for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Kristinaweaver08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've only tried bio oil on my face oil wise. I started using this one two days ago and what a difference already!! I don't have bad skin. No acne etc. I have just found it dull lately a bit dry due to weather and some fine lines have come but after 2 days I've already noticed more even skin tone, moisturized and plumper!! Will def keep using!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 6:47:00 AM More reviews by Essentialoil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hi bit of a makeup alley newbie but having a restocking my bathroom cabinet day. I love this rosehip oil. It's very light and sinks in really well. I recommend it as it's far better than the aura cacia one which I found heavy and didn't play nicely with my foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by patience09

I absolutely love this product. It is definetly a HG skin care product. I started using this product several months ago and my skin has never looked better. My skin tends to be quite acne prone, everything seems to break me out but this product doesn't and since I have been using it I haven't had a bad break out, I do still get the odd pimple but thats nothing to do with this product. It has also even out my skin tone and reduced any redness. I use it straight after I have had a shower when my face is still damp and that way one or two drops goes a long way, I try and use it twice a day but sometimes I forgot and only use it once. It moisturizes my skin and keeps it clear and helps to fade acne scars. I will most definetly re-purchse and I am keen to try other products in the Kosmea range as I have heard good things about them especially the radiance 24/7 skin boost. It is quite pricey for the amount of product but it is worth it because it works miracles.