September 1, 2014 | 1917 users online

Eye Shadow - TheBalm - Shady Lady Shadow Liner - Jealous Jordana

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by CimCim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Its a beautiful color and very pigmented. I don't know if I ever have to repurchase since its very pigmented but I liked it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2012 5:19:00 AM More reviews by erdeva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is SO pigmented. It has a beautiful, almost soft texture in the pan. Lasts a while and has minimal creasing. The colour is probably a bit to dark for me. It has a slight metallic look from certain angles.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by roxxdallas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Black eye shadow whit green glitter .....fabulous

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

Beautifully pigmented color. It looks like this product could last someone for every as far as the color payout seems to be. Goes on smooth and does not seem to crease. I was lucky and picked this up on the cheap at Marshall's in the set. the only con about this product is the packaging is not the sturdiest.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Jayjaybean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My first Thebalm eyeshadow! I got it as part of a set so I didn't get to swatch the colour. It's a beautiful green (package says emerald, but it's really more forest green in my opinion) It feels quite smooth and goes on nicely. A little too dark for my skintone, so I'll use it strictly as a liner. I won't repurchase this particular shade, but I'm looking forward to trying other colours.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 2:10:00 AM More reviews by nomihappy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is what I wished the dark emerald shade in the Chanel perles Murano shade would be!

Color: really quite dark. You can't go "natural" with this shade. I absolutely adore it and think it's perfect for some drama without looking like you've been punched or washed out. It's just more special a mysterious emerald smokey eye just burns a little hotter than your mundane black smoke, IMO. This is THE emerald shade I've been looking for, what I wished the Chanel one was, what I wished the Silk naturals "emerald" was. This color is probably formulated with a black base but unlike the silk naturals one, it is blendable and the green-blue sheen doesn't rub off and leave the black base sitting there.

Texture: amazing, buttery-smooth. Beats my MAC fertile (although this might be a "fluke"!) hands down. Quite layer-able and I'd recommend not piling too much on the brush because when I apply it to my lids, the excess shadow can cause fall out. I've learned not to be too greedy :D plus, it doesn't need that much product to build a gorgeous color!!

Packaging: I personally like that it has a mirror and is rather flat - easy to carry and stack. I can see how it might not fare well over time though, for example if I clumsily spill water on it, or if the plastic and cardboard starts separating.

Price: I got this pretty cheap because the previous owner was clearing out her stash and had a palette with this color in it already. So, the shadow I got was new but at a discounted price. Score! Commenting on the original price though, I think it's $16 for 3.4g (0.12oz) which is a LOT of product. Compare with MAC's 1.3g (I *think*) or even the NARS duos at 4g for 2 shades, it's quite worth it. Although personally, I don't think it's fair to compare price per gram of product if you don't actually ever FINISH using the products you're comparing. It doesn't matter if shadow A is two times cheaper per gram than shadow B if you only use shadow A once whereas you'll use shadow B until you finish it. But hey, it's always another point to convince yourself to buy a new item! ...I digress.

Bottom line: if you've been looking for that perfect deep emerald shade, wait not! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this eye shadow. It's my 2nd eye shadow by TheBalm (my first was All About Alex, which I also love).

Colourwise, Jealous Jordana is in the same family as UD's Loaded (only available in the Book of Shadows III, so I'm reluctant to use it up) and the dark side of Nars's Rajasthan (which I wasn't able to get) - it's a deep blued green with what seems to be a blackened base. It has a subtle sheen which can easily be blended away, if you want. The shadow itself can be applied lightly or packed on for a darker, more dramatic look (and this will preserve the "sheen"). I really like it used like a liner, either smudged into my lash line on its own or pressed over a liner to set the liner and also give the shadow something to "cling" to. It's perfect as a crease colour. Worn on the outer 1/3 of my lids, with something light on the inner 2/3 (think MAC's Grand Entrance or Naked Lunch) it gives a really nice, elongated look that is a bit exotic but still not over the top for daytime. It is just an amazing colour. Additionally, you get a LOT of product for the price ($23 in Canada). I'm surprised that others have found that this creases or doesn't last. I have had no problems with either creasing or fading of intensity, even when worn for 10 to 12 hours (over UDPP, Shadow Insurance or Painterly Paint Pot).

I'm not enamoured of the cardboard packaging. While I really do like the fact that these shadows are very thin and also easy to stack or store otherwise and that they contain a good-sized mirror, I don't find cardboard all that sturdy (especially if it gets wet) and opening them is a bit of pain because the magnet holding the lid closed is very strong (a good thing) and this can make it a bit fiddly to "pry" open (I think it would be very easy to nick the shadow with a fingernail as you pry it open). Other than that, though, the package is thin and practical, as I said, and this shadow is, quite simply, a total winner in my books!

Update: I went to MAC today because I was thinking of buying Dark Indulgence MES from the Semi-Precious collection. I took Jealous Jordana with me in case the colours were similar. Not only were they similar - they are IDENTICAL. The MAC SA was actually really impressed with JJ and wanted to know where they sell TheBalm (they're not well-known in Canada).

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by xpersephoniex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this color. It reminds me of a more vibrant version of the green shades from Nars' Rajasthan duo and Chanel's Regard Perle quad.

It goes on beautifully, but I only get about two hours of wear before it really starts to crease. I've tried using Urban Decay's Primer Potion and Shadow Insurance underneath, but I have the same problem no matter what I do.

I can't compare this to other eyeshadows by TheBalm, but I will say that I rarely have this problem with other products.

The color is so beautiful, I will keep trying to get this to work!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2008 9:39:00 PM More reviews by MBA

Beautiful color on my hand when I tested it at Sephora. It was a second choice for me when I fell in love with label whore and they were out of it.It appears to be a peacock blue with an irredescent shimmer. It goes on extremely dark even with a light hand. The wear is very short lived. However, it did not crease. The packaging makes it easily accesible for many applications. I will not by this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2007 7:39:00 PM More reviews by suzi2qs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

Huge rave for this as both a shadow and a liner. The color is a deep green somewhere between pine and teal. GREAT pigmentation, Wears like a dream. I have not heard much about this line but if this product is an indicator, I would certainly purchase many more items.