July 28, 2014 | 2006 users online

Eye Shadow - TheBalm - ShadyLady Shadow Liner - Luscious Lani

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2012 5:01:00 AM More reviews by sthom87

I have nw 15 skin and blue eyes. I bought this product after ready that champagne colors really bring out blue eyes. Sadly this pinky champagne color makes my eyelids look as if they are inflamed. BUT! It makes a beautiful highlighter! I wear it over MAC's immortal flower blush,which is limited edition, but any matte peach blush will do.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by CarolynKeene

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

PROS: Color, finish, packaging, pigmentation, blendability, wear time, value.
CONS: I wish this wasn't quite so soft. I inevitably pick up more product than I need and have to tap my brush. But the softness does give it a gorgeous, creamy feel.
THE DEETS: On me (NW15), the color is a warm champagne pink, bordering on a pale peach. The finish is shimmery, but it's a fine, very wearable shimmer. The staying power is phenomenal over eye primer. I also own Just This Once Jamie from theBalm, and it performs just as beautifully. Using this as solo with eyeliner makes my eyes look tired, so I always layer this over another color or use it for blending other shadows. It does look beautiful as an under brow highlighter. I also tried this as a cheek highlighter, as someone else suggested, and it works great. I probably wouldn't repurchase this because the shade isn't quite right for me, but I still think it deserves 5 stars.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by pensopera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

TheBalm eyeshadow in Luscious Lani (0.12 oz or 3.4 g for $16 usd) is a pale shimmering pink color. The texture is amazing, the product is so soft and buttery like BeneFit velvet eyeshadow and Chanel. There is no problem with the application, it applies like a dream. The pigmentation is true to pan. Luscious Lani is pretty shimmering pale pink shade that works great as a base or blending other colors together. Also,this even works great by itself, but it might be too ashy on a warmer darker skin. The product comes in a pretty whimsical cardboard package that has magnet to keep the lid close and open at ease. In addition, the size of the product is HUGE, you get 2x than the standard 0.05 oz from many brands. The package is a standard theBalm one of the 50's era design. If you are looking for an excellent shimmering pale pink shade, Luscious Lani is for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Utterly gorgeous! Looks like the palest peach shimmer in the pan but applied looks like the most delicate shell pink. Great texture, smooth application, not too sparkly just soft shimmery loveliness!
Fabulous highlight colour or all over lid to brow wash - I have been impressed with every shadow I've tried from The Balm - the formula totally leaves Stila, NARS and even some MAC shadows (Nocturnelle, I mean you!) in the dust - I just wish there was a bigger colour range... But for quality of the product and the quantity you get for the price you pay? Heaven!
EDIT: have successfully used this as a cheek highlighter too! Looks very subtle and lovely... multipurpose (and there's heaps of product there, 3.4g/0.12oz) = winner for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2009 2:42:00 AM More reviews by RayvnNA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As described by many other reviewers as a peachy champagne color. Sephora's website describes it as "Pink Champagne on Ice." This makes a great wash over the entire lid. I just slap on a slightly darker shade in the crease and some liner and it's a perfect, easy neutral. It lasted all day, which I can't say for all TheBalm eyeshadows. Now, I certainly prefer my beloved Stila Kitten, but if you found that way too frosty and like something more subtle, then try this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by pocky

I am so bad at describing colors but Amybecca described the color of Luscious Lani for me perfectly. It's a shimmery peachy champagne. I got the Shady Lady palette instead of a single eyeshadow but I just had to review Luscious Lani because it's one of my 3 favorite and most used colors in the entire palette. What I love about Luscious Lani and TheBalm shadows is how they're shimmery without being sparkly or *shudder* frosty and shiny like a lot of the Urban Decay and Stila shadows. The texture is devine--pigmented, soft and silky and super blendable. There is no grittiness at all.

My latest favorite look is to wear Luscious Lani on the lid up to the crease (or socket in my case since I have flat Asian lids), Curvy Cami in the outter corner and 1/3 of the way in the crease, a sweep of Shameless Shana all across the crease for a little warmth, and NYX Beanie in the inner 2/3 of the lids. I know this sounds weird but it's really gorgeous and very, very innovative for me.

I will definitely repurchase Luscious Lani in a single pot when I use up the one in my Shady Lady palette. It's a very versatile color. Give it a try if you're in the market for a shimmery champagne shadow that's not frosty although I suppose one woman's "frosty" is another woman's "subtle shimmer" so try it for yourself. By the way, I'm an olive NC 25 (maybe even paler). Luscious Lani shows up on my skin exactly the way it appears in the pan.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2008 11:39:00 PM More reviews by xcessa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have neutral skin, NC20, brown hair and eyes.
This is my new go-to shadow with absolutely everything.
On it's own as a wash it brightens the eye, blended with anything else it's gorgeous. The texture is the best part - soft like Stila but with awesome pigmentation *unlike stila!*
I have about 40 eyeshadows and this is currently the one I use the most.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2008 2:07:00 AM More reviews by lovescent

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This color is perfect for the summer season. It's shimmery without the gritty glitter like MAC's Grand Entrance or Stila's Kitten. It's peach sheen shadow. The texture is lovely, it's soft and easy to blend. I'm starting to really like this brand, I think I am going to get more colors from this brand. I'd recommend this color to anyone who wants to add a pretty summer color to their collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2008 11:34:00 AM More reviews by kimberpoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like thebalm, although I was only recently introduced to the brand. It seems to be very high quality, and I love the pinup girl advertising. anyway, this shadow is great. it is well pigmented, satiny and shimmery but not sparkly or over the top....a great daytime shade alone and blends wonderfully with other shadows. I love it. I find it to be very very similar to bobbi brown e/s in the petal shade, but I like thebalm's better. it is just slightly less sparkly and has more oomph to it.....idk why, maybe because it is a little less transparent. either one is a good dupe of the other, but if you can choose I would recommend going for thebalm. love it :) the hard cardboard box/case it comes in seems to be pretty sturdy, and it has a little mirror inside. I apply this shadow with my finger and that works just fine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2007 12:34:00 PM More reviews by carlybabes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this shadow at Sephora yesterday and I am just amazed with the quality of the line in general. This, shade-wise, is similar to Stila Heather, but the texture is softer, more shimmery, and more pigmented. And I am a Stila fan, so that's saying a lot. The packaging is also adorable. This line deserves so much more recognition. I do hope they introduce more eyeshadow colors soon!