April 21, 2014 | 932 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Hot rollers 12 set

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Gb84

I thinks this rollers are great .. I have very long wavy hair & this rollers work fine the only downfall are the clips but I went to sally's beauty supply and bought the conair plastic clips jaws & i am very happy with the rollers.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Whirlingturban

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

CONAIR= PURE JUNK. Conair products are the easiest to find. When you are in a pinch, shop and you'll find them. Everywhere. They are designed to be purchased and are not designed with any regard whatsoever for the end user.

They sell the cheapest junk level product and their only research it seems to me is about how to cheaply make them look like "medium" quality products.

I have naturally wavy hair that holds a curl well. These rollers are way too large and only smooth and straighten (not stick straight- they leave a slight arch shape but there is no curlor even wave). They leave an embarrassing puffy crown at your roots that takes a while to get rid of and no curl in the hair. (I can't speak to what they'd do if you added hair spray- I don't want to do that)

They feel like they are made of cardboard and the cheapest materials they could lay their hands on.

The "U" shapes rollers holders are a joke- they are in their to sucker you into thinking you have a way to hold the rollers in. You don't and will have to invest in their plastic clamps- two per roller- to get them to stay on place. Count how many you need- you'll end up paying 3 times the price because you need those clamps.

I also bought a mint condition Clairol hot roller set from the 70's on ebay. This is the Cadillac of the hot roller world. I have 2 conair hot roller sets (because I travel and live in 3 homes) and I will be replacing the conairs with vintage Clairol hot rollers, which were made in Switzerland which is very obvious by the quality of the product, They are on very high demand and the bidding is competitive but they are worth 10 "con"air products.

I will absolutely never buy another conair product. I was in a position where I *needed* hot rollers with no time to comb the city. I could only find conair and they are SUCH junk as well.

Extremely overpriced for value.

Packaging well-designed, looks slick and misleads you into thinking you are buying a mid-range product when you are buying the worst junk out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by angelflip

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First of all, I have frizzy coarse hair. My usual hair technique is to soak my hair in coconut or olive oil for an hour, then wash with a sulfate free shampoo and conditioner. I let it air dry over night and then put these rollers in the morning. I do this about every other day.

I mainly use these rollers to tame the frizz, which helps a whole lot. I get lots of volume and wavy hair after using these rollers. These don't produce curly hair, which I don't want anyways. So if curly hair is what you want, these aren't for you. If your hair needs intense heat to keep it curly (curling iron), these aren't for you. But these rollers are definitely less damaging than a curling iron because they a not as hot as curling irons or straighteners.

My main complaint is the cover always cracks, which makes them harder to get hot. But I solve that problem by placing a towel on top of the entire set to prevent the heat from escaping. Just be careful because they will definite get hot! You don't want to start a fire :)

I used to straighten my hair daily but then I ended up with split hairs starting from the middle of the hair strand. Since using this product for 10 years, my hair is a lot healthier. People always comment on how good my hair looks and are completely shocked when I show them my natural frizzy hair.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by DrTierraFierce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw a lot of great reviews about this product on youtube , etc. I wanted to like this product so bad but I didnt. Thank god I bought this from target and was able to return it because it didnt do anything to my weave. It didnt curl at all (I tried 4 times), and it looked cute when I first took the rollers out but, the curls and volume dropped within 5 mins and wasnt worth my money.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Ginger37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product based on the good reviews, but was very disappointed. Kind of awkward using the rollers; I have used the regular type of rollers for years without any difficulty whatsoever. More importantly, the curl did not hold at all. Will be going back to my stand-by curling irons until I find something that works better. I am returning these rollers where I bought them.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by ash10twenty

Pros:
-heat up FAST
-really Hot
-relatively inexpensive

Cons:
No ON /OFF switch
- become too hot for delicate scalp/hair
-pins do not hold well (but you can buy clips from sallys), and leave kinks/bumps in hair

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by anjaaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I regret having tried these. Yes, they make beautiful wavy hair in no time - but a day later and till now (1 month after i used them) left my hair a bit frizzy. They get very hot and obviously damaged my fine hair. Be careful when trying them out the first time if you have fine hair.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2011 8:58:00 AM More reviews by tastest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ladies- throw AWAY your curling irons. These fast heat curlers(75 sec)
gave me big bouncy curls that lasted 5 days. I am retiring my curling iron. I can set my whole head( past shoulder length) in 5 minutes, walk away and in 10 minutes ,I am done. I saw Gretchen (the Orange County Housewives ) use them and I thought she had gone to a salon.But she ( and now ME!!!) can get that same look of rich woman curls.Curl once and good for the whole week???
Yup.
BTW: My set has 20 rollers

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by steffoinnh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought these for fun. They are very easy to use, as far as hot rollers go, and heat up quickly. I like the clips because they are easy to put in with one hand if you are doing your hair yourself. They come out really easy with no tangles. My hair came out kind of messy but that's probably because I have no experience using rollers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 9:58:00 AM More reviews by elizsafox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are great! They heat up fairly quickly, are easy to clip in, and don't take long to set a beautiful head of curls. I have thickish, curly/wavy hair to begin with and where curling irons don't set the curl in my hair, these do.

I love the graduated sizes of curls - the big ones I put on top and closer to my face, the medium ones go around the side of the head, and the small ones go on the bottom layers of your hair. This way, you can make sexy, photo shoot quality hair.

I anticipate owning these for many years to come.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No