Conair Hot rollers 12 set

3.3

on 5/30/2015 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought the Conair Compact Hot Roller Set today at Ulta and just tried it out. And I love it! The only reason I only gave it 4 lippies is that it takes quite a while to heat up (with the lid closed). After about 15 minutes I got impatient and started putting my very straight hair on the rollers, first the 6 big rollers, then the 6 medium size ones. I waited another 15 minutes before taking them out and brushed my hair out. It looks exactly the way I hoped it would! It has volume now. The metal clips work perfectly (one just has to make sure to use the big clips for the big curlers and the medium ones for the medium curlers).

I get the impression that this set does not fry one's hair the way my InStyler does (which also burned my left ear, that's what led me to acquire the hot curlers instead). I didn't wait until the white dot showed on one of the big curlers, maybe that's why they didn't get super-hot.

But the bottom line is that I'm very happy I bought this set. Besides the price is unbeatable!!

on 7/31/2014 11:03:00 PM

Be careful, these get so hot that you can burn yourself. I have burned my hands several times now that the rollers are about a year old. They have damaged the ends of my hair. I am looking to replace them. They will straighten your hair and leave it with some body, but it will not be curly.

on 1/24/2014 11:29:00 PM

I thinks this rollers are great .. I have very long wavy hair & this rollers work fine the only downfall are the clips but I went to sally's beauty supply and bought the conair plastic clips jaws & i am very happy with the rollers.

CONAIR= PURE JUNK. Conair products are the easiest to find. When you are in a pinch, shop and you'll find them. Everywhere. They are designed to be purchased and are not designed with any regard whatsoever for the end user.

They sell the cheapest junk level product and their only research it seems to me is about how to cheaply make them look like "medium" quality products.

I have naturally wavy hair that holds a curl well. These rollers are way too large and only smooth and straighten (not stick straight- they leave a slight arch shape but there is no curlor even wave). They leave an embarrassing puffy crown at your roots that takes a while to get rid of and no curl in the hair. (I can't speak to what they'd do if you added hair spray- I don't want to do that)

They feel like they are made of cardboard and the cheapest materials they could lay their hands on.

The "U" shapes rollers holders are a joke- they are in their to sucker you into thinking you have a way to hold the rollers in. You don't and will have to invest in their plastic clamps- two per roller- to get them to stay on place. Count how many you need- you'll end up paying 3 times the price because you need those clamps.

I also bought a mint condition Clairol hot roller set from the 70's on ebay. This is the Cadillac of the hot roller world. I have 2 conair hot roller sets (because I travel and live in 3 homes) and I will be replacing the conairs with vintage Clairol hot rollers, which were made in Switzerland which is very obvious by the quality of the product, They are on very high demand and the bidding is competitive but they are worth 10 "con"air products.

I will absolutely never buy another conair product. I was in a position where I *needed* hot rollers with no time to comb the city. I could only find conair and they are SUCH junk as well.

Extremely overpriced for value.

Packaging well-designed, looks slick and misleads you into thinking you are buying a mid-range product when you are buying the worst junk out there.

on 6/27/2013 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

First of all, I have frizzy coarse hair. My usual hair technique is to soak my hair in coconut or olive oil for an hour, then wash with a sulfate free shampoo and conditioner. I let it air dry over night and then put these rollers in the morning. I do this about every other day.

I mainly use these rollers to tame the frizz, which helps a whole lot. I get lots of volume and wavy hair after using these rollers. These don't produce curly hair, which I don't want anyways. So if curly hair is what you want, these aren't for you. If your hair needs intense heat to keep it curly (curling iron), these aren't for you. But these rollers are definitely less damaging than a curling iron because they a not as hot as curling irons or straighteners.

My main complaint is the cover always cracks, which makes them harder to get hot. But I solve that problem by placing a towel on top of the entire set to prevent the heat from escaping. Just be careful because they will definite get hot! You don't want to start a fire :)

I used to straighten my hair daily but then I ended up with split hairs starting from the middle of the hair strand. Since using this product for 10 years, my hair is a lot healthier. People always comment on how good my hair looks and are completely shocked when I show them my natural frizzy hair.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I saw a lot of great reviews about this product on youtube , etc. I wanted to like this product so bad but I didnt. Thank god I bought this from target and was able to return it because it didnt do anything to my weave. It didnt curl at all (I tried 4 times), and it looked cute when I first took the rollers out but, the curls and volume dropped within 5 mins and wasnt worth my money.

on 10/15/2012 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this product based on the good reviews, but was very disappointed. Kind of awkward using the rollers; I have used the regular type of rollers for years without any difficulty whatsoever. More importantly, the curl did not hold at all. Will be going back to my stand-by curling irons until I find something that works better. I am returning these rollers where I bought them.

on 1/20/2012 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Pros:
-heat up FAST
-really Hot
-relatively inexpensive

Cons:
No ON /OFF switch
- become too hot for delicate scalp/hair
-pins do not hold well (but you can buy clips from sallys), and leave kinks/bumps in hair

on 9/16/2011 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I regret having tried these. Yes, they make beautiful wavy hair in no time - but a day later and till now (1 month after i used them) left my hair a bit frizzy. They get very hot and obviously damaged my fine hair. Be careful when trying them out the first time if you have fine hair.

on 2/17/2011 8:58:00 AM

Ladies- throw AWAY your curling irons. These fast heat curlers(75 sec)
gave me big bouncy curls that lasted 5 days. I am retiring my curling iron. I can set my whole head( past shoulder length) in 5 minutes, walk away and in 10 minutes ,I am done. I saw Gretchen (the Orange County Housewives ) use them and I thought she had gone to a salon.But she ( and now ME!!!) can get that same look of rich woman curls.Curl once and good for the whole week???
Yup.