November 23, 2014 | 1888 users online

Gels/Soaps - Olay - Ultra Moisture with Shea Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Lvdrew319

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great body wash. very moisturizing. like someone else said below, I didn't realize how drying other body washes are til I used this. however im on the hunt for something more environmentally friendly, organic if I find one. so i wouldn't buy again, but that's the only reason. I hope I come across something before winter, blehh. but if you could care less, this does what it claims. isn't too expensive for the huge bottle. good to use on a loofah for exfoliating without irritating the skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by crystal105

This is an okay body wash. It cleanses well and leaves skin feeling fairly soft. However, it smells terrible. Terrible. Typically, I would not let smell get in the way of using a product that I think works well, but this doesn't work well enough to put up with the awful, artificial, perfume smell. I don't think that it causes breakouts, but it doesn't seem to do anything to prevent them either. I have used non-medicated body washes in the past that have kept my very minimal bacne under control; this does not. I will use the rest of the bottle, but I will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by fiyacrackeryaz

I absolutely love this body wash. I use it on a wash cloth. I recently switched from using this form my dove bar soap with coconut and this Olay moisturizes my skin unlike anything else. It makes me feel clean and smooth after my shower. Sometimes I will use my black soap bar on my skin and it will dry my skin a little but I wash again with the Olay and It puts the moisture right back into my skin. I absolutely love this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I purchased a large bottle of this on sale at Bed Bath & Beyond, which worries me because this usually means it is on the verge of discontinuation! Anyway, I absolutely love it and will have to go on a search for it now that I am completely out of it. It is definitely very moisturizing, which as other reviews mentioned is not always the case with soaps/body washes. The scent is a little strange, not great but tolerable. (It does not last after it is washed off anyway.) It is super rich and lathers well, even when only a small amount is used. I think this would be great for those with sensitive skin, although I do not have particularly dry or sensitive skin. Still, I found this product quite nice and moisturizing. No weird reactions or anything of the sort. Definitely pick some of this up if you're looking for a *real* moisturizing body wash that lathers nice! Also, added bonus-it can be used as a shave cream if you're in a pinch!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Bclancy

I didn't realize how drying other body washes are until I tried this! As other reviewers have said, most body washes that claim to be "moisturizing" and make skin softer actually do nothing of the kind. In fact, I think often they actually make my skin drier! I just figured that it wasn't really possible to make a truly moisturizing body wash. Olay has proved to me this is not true. Ultra Moisture leaves my skin very soft and hydrated. Before I used this stuff, I had large, stubborn dry patches on my knees and the tops of my feet. Even with a really good lotion applied regularly, they wouldn't go away. Now that I am using the Olay, these dry patches are fading rapidly. And I haven't been applying lotion at all. My skin feels so good out of the shower, I don't feel like I need it! This leads me to believe that my old body washes were actually causing the dryness. Or at least making it worse. Ultra Moisture smells really good, too. A light, delicate floral scent. I actually originally bought it just because I liked the scent. I am very picky about fragrance, but I can't get enough of this. I wish Olay made a lotion with the same scent. Anyway, if you don't like the scent it's very light, not overpowering at all, and it fades quickly. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by raspberryxwine

I use this body wash every winter only. The smell is a little goofy. My skin tends to get very dry and itchy in the winter if I don't apply lotion every day (and I hate lotioning up all the time, too sticky for me). This body wash is a GREAT replacement for everyday lotion. It keeps me soft and smooth and no itchy skin when I leave the shower.

Once spring hits though I start using something else with a better smell like the Olay Luscious Orchid because this stuff just smells kind of ODD.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

I feel like every body wash claims to be super moisturizing and give you glowing, soft skin, but 99% of them really don't. This one does! After just a few uses, I noticed a huge difference in how soft and smooth my skin felt. My skin is pretty normal, not particularly dry, and I was able to totally skip body lotion when I used this. I think even if you're on the dry side, you could probably get away without lotion, or maybe only use lotion every other day. I've never had a body wash make my skin so silky soft without it feeling greasy or the feeling fading after just a few hours. But this bottle doesn't lie -- each time you use this your skin really does improve! I also really love that even though this has a kind of thick, lotion-like consistency, it lathers up really well and makes you feel super clean. The scent is kind of boring to me, but it isn't bad...It just smells soapy and clean. I feel like a lot of Olay products have a similar scent. But the way this makes my skin feel is way more important than the scent to me. If I didn't have a ton of other body washes and soaps to use up, I'd be grabbing another bottle of this ASAP! I think this would be especially amazing for people who have drier skin, so get yourself a bottle!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I love this! It feels so luxurious, like you're putting a lotion on. It's moisturizing even when you get out of the shower & it smells so nice. I would definitely repurchase from this line of body washes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by nycshopgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it! For years I used Olay Total Effects Exfoliating Body Wash but when my store was out of stock of it I picked this up instead as temporary. I ended up falling in love with this, it knocks total effects wash out the park. The jar of moisturizer in this makes my skin feel a lot better than the stickiness of jojoba oil in total effects.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by ifthe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the one I always come back to time and time again.
I've tried what must be hundreds of body washes from Bath and Body Works and The Body Shop to L'Occitane and Kiehls and everything in between. This is the only thing that doesn't send me rushing straight from the shower into a vat of body lotion. In fact, during the warmer months I can be lazy and skip moisturizing altogether (though not for more than 2 days!). The one thing I don't like is the fragrance, but it fades quickly.