October 22, 2014 | 994 users online

Cleansers - Boots - Botanics Skin Brightening Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by princessmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

A reasonably average priced product for an average result.

not the best cleanser out there.. i found it didn't remove all my make up, nor did it make my skin look 'brighter', in fact, it still looked as dull as i left it!

love the packaging though - i really like how it is a pump bottle.

i like some of the botanics range, but i shan't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by suzyorchid

I really wanted to love this product because 1) the Boots line seems to be a good value, 2) it smelled great, 3) had good ingredients, and 4) there was a lot of product for the price.

However, this cleanser didn't work for me -- I actually had a bad reaction to it around Week 2-3. I started getting clusters of small little bumps (I think they are called milia?)...I know I got it from this cleanser because it was the only product I switched in my routine.

I did like several things about this product though: 1) the smell was great, 2) I felt that it cleansed properly, 3) you could feel some of the products working, and 4) lastly, the bottle probably would have lasted a long time because I didn't have to use much of the product at each wash.

Others may have better luck with this, and for the price I definitely think it's worth a try. I bought this at Target for about $7 and the sales clerk let me return it due to my bad skin reaction. In addition, I had not used very much so they were fine with the return (YMMV since its not a Target policy).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Lunatrick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

THIS IS MY HG SKINCARE. I am 30 years old (yuck!) and I have gone through literally EVERYTHING trying to clear up my super-sensitive, super acne-prone face. BP, AHAs, BHAs, different face washes (including the Simple gel and CeraVe foaming, which are recommended a lot on the Skin Care Board), prescriptions from the derm (differin, several antibiotics and another cream that I can't recall the name of), you name it. This product (in conjunction with the Botanics rosewater toner) has done more to calm down my breakouts and settle my skin back to health after all the harsh products that I've tried over the years than anything! I use it twice a day (alone in the morning, and after a Ponds makeup remover wipe in the evening -- apply then wipe off, exactly like the directions state), follow with the rosewater toner, and that's it -- no acne products, not even any moisturizers (I'm going to try one from the Botanics line soon, but I'm really oily and don't really need it and they all tend to cause clogs/breakouts for me). I also love the pumper bottle although mine is a little cheapy and has a tendency to get stuck in the 'down' position at times, but it still works so I only docked 1 point off the Packaging Quality score. I *highly* recommend this for extremely temperamental skin that just does not like anything.

P.S. I'm contemplating stocking up on a bunch of bottles because the products that I really love always end up discontinued...

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by whatthedeuce

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this cleanser for a month now & it's good stuff. I have dry skin & plenty of large pores & dark blotches on my face. I started using this & within a week, the dark parts under my mouth just disappeared. After a month, my face looks much better than before. It's definitely made a difference- consistent use has done wonders.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by andreinabarthly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a dr.haushka user of their cleansing milk. I love their cleansing milk as it is great for sensitive skin. I am on a budget and so I decided to try this cleanser as it is only 8 bucks, compare to 38 bucks! I am in love with this product it has not caused breakouts, it really brightens your skin complexion and keeps it soft. I will definitely want to repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 11:55:00 AM More reviews by COCO792

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm on my 3rd or 4th bottle of this. I was looking for an inexpensive sensitive cleanser that I could use everyday without worrying about my skin.

I was 16-17 at the time, so had a few spots. I had given up using spot products because they didn't do anything or made me worse.
but because this isn't targeted for spots, it doesn't have nasty chemicals in (that I know of) and gently cleans my face. I had dull skin at the time, and I did notice this made my skin clearer and brighter. not brighter as in luminous, but a lot less dull. so I've been using this now for 2years, I'm going on for 19 and this has never failed me. I'm happy with this and haven't thought of buying anything else. if I was going to change from this, I'd probably buy the Botanics sensitive cleanser. but I have sensitive skin and this works fine. it also smells great too.

I used to use a cotton ball with this to clean my face, but it didn't really work and I needed a lot of product. I found using my fingers gets a deeper clean and I need a lot less product than with a cotton ball. my skin feels nice a refreshed after using this, and it doesn't make my skin dry and tight.

FYI: it doesn't take off makeup that well, so use a makeup wipe first.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

I use this as a morning cleanser. It's a milky lotion that's not harsh with your skin. Not extremely moisturizing but you can always put some skin lotion on afterwards. Cleans quite well for a morning wash and comes with a good price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by kmennie

Love it. Found it on sale -- used it for a week -- rushed back to the store for two more bottles.

I have greasy skin and thought this was going to be a disaster, but it left me glowing. No break-outs. Two pumps massaged on in the bath = perfect cleanse. I am not a big believer in package claims and buy whatever smells nice and more or less works, so I was really pleasantly surprised to find myself actually "brightened." One does feel the AHA tingling. I got better results with this than I have with much more concentrated products (where I suppose I might've overdone it, AHA-wise).

Not sure I'll like it so much in the summer, but it's perfect for winter. A+ for value.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 7:54:00 PM More reviews by lou4k6

I really like this cleanser. First of all its excellent value and has a handy pump bottle. This cleanser is more of a cleansing milk than cream which is for me a minor drawback, even though I have a oily skin type I prefer a more creamier texture to my cleansers. It smells nice and removes make up excellently without making me feel as if I have a film over my face. This is specifically a brightening cleanser which I think it actually did do to my skin which is good. I also have to recommend the toner that goes with this which I like even more than this product. All in all a brilliant cheap product which I will be repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by sollieday

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this product is very good. I've been happy with it. No problems, it seems to clean well, and my face looks brighter. I didn't actually expect it to brighten, I was just hoping for it to not dull my skin. So, it exceeded expectations.

I don't wear makeup, really. Eye makeup, which I use a different product to remove, and maybe the tiniest bit of mineral concealer, so I can't comment on the makeup removing capabilities of this cleanser.