October 23, 2014 | 1170 users online

Moisturizers - Boots - No 7 Time Resisting Day Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2012 8:34:00 AM More reviews by eveningg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used the Protect & Perfect moisturizers before and was happy with them, but figured I'd try this with my "aging" skin. Mistake on my part not to stick with what worked as this dried and aged my skin 5 years in the month I used it. Not exactly the time resisting result I expected.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2010 9:28:00 AM More reviews by elphaba98

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this cream! It doesn't leave me feeling greasy and I don't mind the scent. I love how it sinks into my skin and makes it feel soft! My only really complaint is the jar, but I think the formula may be too thick for a bottle. Yes, I would repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2009 7:29:00 AM More reviews by DidgeridooYourNails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for 6 months and I am not that impressed with it at all. It is too rich and too thick for my skin type and there are no dramatic changes at all. Will still give it a chance and use the whole jar up, but I will be looking for another moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by rigatoni28

This made my skin look so greasy and oily that I simply could not use it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2008 11:40:00 PM More reviews by cherrywhiz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm 39, with fine lines starting between eyebrows, under eyes, along laugh lines. My skin is sensitive, with mild acne.
I've been using this for a couple of months, with no dramatric results, so will be in search of other product when this runs out. This cream has spf 12, and for that matter, it feels incredibly soft and fast absorbing, unlike other spf containing lotions. No reduced lines, no reduced spots/hyperpigmentation left from acne. Although not sure this is the purpose. Will likely not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2008 11:18:00 PM More reviews by HillClimbinGirl

I had been struggling with large pores and oily skin. I have had it under control for about the last 6 months and was really loving the way my skin looks.
And then I used this product. My pores have since enlarged, and it leaves my skin with an oily sheen. I have only used it a week. I need a light moisturizer, and prefer one that doesn't leave a shine. For my skin, this is the consistency of what I like to use at night. It does sink in quickly but leaves a greasy shine.
The scent doesn't bother me too much, although it smells a little "old" for me. The packaging is fine, and the size is large which I feel is pretty good for your $. But for my skin it is just too "heavy".
It will make a good neck cream I suppose.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2007 2:38:00 PM More reviews by HesterB

I've been using this for about three months now, and it's made my skin feel like velvet - it absorbs quickly, despite being quite thick, and leaves a subtle glow to my complexion, which has been pretty much blemish-free. I've also been using Protect and Perfect serum, so it might be a combo of the two, but whatever it is, it's working for me!

For 15, this is really good value for money; a little goes a long way. The glass jar packaging and the floral smell both have a retro 'boudoir' feel which adds to the glamour of it, but does mean you have to scrape around the underside of the jar with your fingers to get the last bits out. The packaging blurb claims that it'll tackle "fine lines and wrinkles within a fortnight"; I'm 33, and don't really have much of either, but my skin looks plumper and smoother. The SPF of 15 is fine for winter/UK Spring (and this flood-tastic UK summer, come to that), and Boots run 3 for 2 offers so frequently that, along with the ubiquitous Protect and Perfect, it's even cheaper. Love Boots - their No7 skincare is excellent.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2007 3:47:00 PM More reviews by imnotshelley

I live in the U.S. and wanted to try out something from the Boots line now that it's sold at Target. I wanted to try the Time Delay Day Moisturizer w/ SPF 8, but I couldn't find that specific product/line at the store. Does anyone know if this item was renamed or discontinued? There was only the No.7 Lifting and Firming Day Cream and the No.7 Time-Resisting Day Cream w/ SPF 12. I chose the No.7 Time-Resisting instead at $19.99US. I am always very weary of moisturizers with SPF, no matter the formulation they always just feel super greasy and never sink in on my skin....but this product did! It absorbed very quickly for a cream and left my skin feeling very soft throughout the day. I couldn't believe it! I was also willing to overlook the slightly strong scent for its effects. Unfortunately, after using this for two days, I developed tiny white bumps all over my lower cheeks and jawline. I discontinued use and the reaction seems to be calming down. Not sure if the reaction stemmed from the strong fragrance or SPF or what. For now, I will not repurchase. I will investigate whether the reaction was from this product or another staple I use often (Murad's Essential-C Enviromental Shield Moisturizer) and just repurchased that might not have been as fresh as it should be. Will hopefully update with a conclusion in a few weeks. For reference, I have sensitive, combination, acne-prone skin.

EDIT 7/12/07:
The reaction was definitely from this moisturizer. The really strong fragrance must not agree with my sensitive skin. I really wanted to love this product. Also, I did some research and found out that the Time-Delay line is only sold outside of the U.S.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2007 9:45:00 PM More reviews by lydster65

I've only used this for a little more than a week, so I promise to come back and update after more time has passed. In the meantime, let me say that I really like how this cream feels on my skin. It seems to sink in nicely yet also moisturizes well (no tightness) on my 41 year-old skin. I still get shiny and oily on my chin, but I do find that my shiny-ness has not been as bad since I've started using this product. It has a light scent, and while I normally go for scent-free, this is not bad at all. I have sensitive skin and this does not cause me any redness or burning. It's an SPF 12 - I would prefer SPF 15 at least for my day moisture, although I am tending to wear higher-spf tints on top anyway. I paid $25 CAD for this, and these days that's a good price for a "better" moisturizer, so I'm content with that. I will continue to use this, and as I say I will update - so far so good. (I am rather impressed with many of the Boots skincare products, actually). *UPDATE* It's been a month now that I've been using this - I don't think it's anything special. It hasn't caused me any problems, although I have found that my cheeks feel a little dry sometimes (which may have nothing to do with this cream). I'm going to search on for a new daytime moisturizer - I'd like to find something that does "more" for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2007 4:33:00 PM More reviews by daisies

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Finally a day cream that moisturizes all day but doesn't turn oily! I've been searching for a moisture cream for day that I can wear *instead of* makeup. Everything I've tried previously either doesn't moisturize all day or turns my face into an oil slick by midday. Boots No7 Time Resisting Day Cream makes my skin really soft, hasn't broken me out and stays virtually matte, aside from the "glow" it imparts from the mica it contains. And it contains retinyl palmitate, although it's pretty low on the ingredients list. I go to work wearing just this cream with some Becca Beach Tint on my cheeks, Becca Eye Tint on my lids, brown mascara and tinted lip balm, and I actually look decent. :)

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS - Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 1.6% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS - Aqua (Water), Butylene glycol, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, Sorbitan stearate, Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Cetyl alcohol, Prunus amygdalus dulcis (Sweet almond, Huile d'amande douce) oil, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Glyceryl stearate, C18-36 acid glycol ester, Tocopheryl acetate, Polyethylene glycol 100 stearate, C13-14 isoparaffin, Parfum (Fragrance), Dimethiconol, Sucrose cocoate, Methylparaben, Sodium ascorbyl phosphate, Sodium stearoyl lactylate, Carbomer, Propylparaben, Laureth-7, Tetrasodium EDTA, Potassium hydroxide, Propylene glycol, Glycerin, Xanthan gum, Retinyl palmitate, Penax ginseng root extract, Butylated hydroxytoluene, Morus alba leaf extract, Tocopherol, Titanium dioxide. continued >>