October 30, 2014 | 1714 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Chance Eau Fraiche

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Tziona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is going to sound crazy but here goes! My Grandmother wore YSL Opium and it smelled absolutely divine on her. It never smelled like that on me. Perhaps it was her body chemistry. She was blonde, blue eyed and had cool, fair skin. I have black hair, brown eyes and oily olive skin. The complete opposite, in other words. I have searched and searched for years to try to get the same smell on my skin from various other brands but have failed to recreate the gorgeous smell that my Grandmother's body chemistry gave to Opium........until now. Much to my surprise, Chance Eau Fraiche's base notes come together with my oily olive skin and produce a smell that is as close to the elusive Opium base notes on my beloved Grandmother. What a strange situation. There was nothing about this fragrance that would scream out to me that it would do any such thing. It is a fresh Spring/Summer fragrance with juicy fruits and florals. But the base notes,,,,,,, oh my goodness. Opium on my skin is G*d awful. It makes me smell like I have been standing too close to a Priest whilst he was swinging the incense thurible during Mass. Nothing wrong with incense but it just didn't suit my chemistry. It smelled harsh and almost medicinal. So glad I found this fragrance. Brings back happy memories.

UPDATE: My coat had Chanel's Coco Eau de Parfum on the cuff of my coat sleeves and Coco layered with Chance Eau Fraiche is what was giving me the 'Opium' like fragrance. Happy accident!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by sillage

This is Lauren Conrad's signature scent, per June 2014 Glamour magazine, page 66. She says, "I wear Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche EDT. It's clean, fresh, and floral but not too musky or citrusy".

Notes, per parfumo.net are:

Top Notes: Cedar, Citruses
Heart Notes: Jasmine, Pink pepper, Water hyacinth
Base Notes: Amber, Iris, Musk, Patchouli, Teakwood, Vetiver

I bought a 3.4oz EDT when it first launched in 2007, and I wore it constantly -- until something else caught my interest. I still have half my bottle left. Since its citrus notes and crispness are perfect in warm weather, I've just pulled it out into rotation.

The head cashier at my grocery store wears this (year-round), and she always smells fresh & great -- with that classy vibe that Chanel scents always have.

It's a fresh, clean, zingy citrusy floral -- with a bit of a sharp bite from the pink pepper and patchouli. Works well in warm weather.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by slfalk

This is my go-to spring and summer scent. Good staying powder and pretty bottle. Almost masculine when you first apply - settles into something mildly spicy with lots of aquatics and citrus there. Fresh but not overpowering, and some warmth to keep it grounded.

I also use this all the time in work settings - it isn't overpowering - just smells great.

I love this - will always keep some on my dresser. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i only wear perfumes from chanel and this one is my go-to fragrance for summer. i love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by clairerenee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a new fragrance a few years ago and tried this at the Chanel counter. I generally prefer classic fragrances....Shalimar, Chanel No 5, Chamade. Those I find too heavy now and tend to save for evenings.

For a daytime/casual fragrance Chance Eau Fraiche is right on target. It is light, clean, fresh, invigorating to me. It is not an in your face "citrusy" fragrance but there is a beautiful blend of fresh citrus, wood (cedar is a top note) with some floral(hyacinth and jasmine), vetivier and patchouli.

I also use the shower gel and it is lovely. This fragrance is just perfect for me as I abhor the current fad for sugary sweet fruity or floral fragrances. This is a grown up fragrance.

It doesn't have super staying power but I don't mind as I am not fond of fragrance being overpowering.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by misanders

Perfume is such a personal thing and for me this is my favorite. I love clean, light & crisp smells and this is perfect. I wanted a grown up fragrance with those characteristics and I feel it has it. I have Chanel Chance and I can't detect the similarities. The Chance is warmer and something I'd only wear in the winter. The Eau Fraiche just makes me happy and has become my everyday fragrance. Love!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by byankitty

Soft and crisp, and never over bearing. I receive compliments everytime I wear it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 8:05:00 AM More reviews by xtrasweetwifeyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far the Best and my favorite perfume in my collection. I love the clean and crisp scent perfect for summer! I also wear this in different occasions. It has a long staying power and my husband loves to hug me when I'm wearing this. lol This is the best chanel perfume for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by aquarion01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this about a year ago. Love that this almost smells unisex to me..but I feel very feminine wearing it. Even though this is totally different from Light Blue, to me they are both clean, fresh & slightly masculine scents. I prefer this SO MUCH MORE. Better staying power too! I Love it & feel it can be worn anytime or anywhere. If you are thinking of buying and are hesitant - get it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My best friend wears this perfume, and therefore I often use it when I'm staying at her place. I absolutely LOVE IT. It smells kind of unisex but in a really sofisticated way. I might buy this myself :)