August 1, 2014 | 1854 users online

Loose Powders - Laura Mercier - Loose Shimmer Powder - Star Dust

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Avawelles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this after seeing it used in a Lisa Eldridge tutorial. I am not really sure what I was thinking as glittery powder is probably the last thing I need in my day to day life. The powder looks a little champagne colored and is FULL of glitter. I guess I thought it would be more subtle and a little clearer (like the secret brightening powder, but more shimmery). Anyway, I first put it on the top of my cheekbones and thought it looked really pretty. But within about ten minutes I realized it was more of a J-Lo look - which I don't like AT ALL. In the end, I had to return it. My Tom Ford shade and illuminate is a much classier, more age appropriate highlighter for me.
Also, for me this is probably a 1 star product, but that is more because of personal preference and not the quality of the product. I gave it 3 stars because I think some people may like this, but I don't think it is a good enough quality (fine/sheer enough) product to warrant a higher rating.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 11:16:00 PM More reviews by rondabey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was skeptical about this powder when it was recommended to me by a Sephora associate. She wore it herself and said it was just amazing. Given that I already use a bronzer over a translucent loose powder, I figured it was overkill and how could anything be THAT amazing. But it is! I use it with a Laura Mercier puff as my last makeup step. I wasn't sold on the puff, either but it is actually wonderful. It's silky soft and is washable - just throw it in the washing machine and itís just like new again! This powder gives a beautiful glow with not too much shimmer but just enough to brighten up your face. I notice a huge difference! Cost-wise, it is expensive but there is a lot of product so it lasts quite a while. So overall, I definitely would recommend it was worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2009 1:34:00 AM More reviews by fancymakeup25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this same powder in candlelight bc I have pink undertones. It is my favorite products to use. It gives a youthful 'dewy' glow that says I'm 20!!!! It is not glittery at all. Make sure it is the mineral illuminating powder and not the shimmer one which has more glitter to it. I use my MUFE kabuki brush to apply and blend (so SOFT) and it looks gorgeous. I will NEVER be without!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2008 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Sour

I use this powder all over my face on days when I just want that extra glow. Itís a lot subtler on the skin than it looks in the container.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2007 7:50:00 PM More reviews by girlingoldboots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love loose powders, and have been using Scott Barnes Diamond Dust, NARS Macchiu Picchu, and countless others. I decided to give this a try, however, it had a tad too much shimmer in it. In fact, the shimmer particles are really big, and when I put this on over my foundation it made me white and shiny, which was not the look I was going for. It also set into my larger pores and accentuated them, making it obvious that I was wearing powder. I could see mixing this in with a normally matte loose powder, but for me it was too obvious to wear alone over foundation. Back to Sephora it goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2007 2:56:00 PM More reviews by eyerish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I know some people don't like the "shimmer" look...but I love this product! It sets my makeup beautifully for the evening and I use it as a highlighter during the day (sometimes even allover if I want a glowing complexion). You can definitely overdue it so a little goes a lonnnng way but if you mix it with another loose powder or even just dust very lightly it looks lovely. And the product may be expensive but I'm serious...it lasts FOREVER. I've had mine for 5 months and it will probably last me another year. I give this product 2 thumbs up. And for more mature skin I would suggest using the product sparingly but it can still look pretty! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2007 5:58:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Beautiful champagne shimmer powder that adds a luminous glimmer to the face and shoulders/decolletage. It reminds me of a finer milled version of Benefit's "Kitten" sparkle powder-in-a-puff. I'd keep using it if it weren't for the breakouts that started happening within three days of consecutive use. I think I have to accept the fact that my skin is sensitive to anything that contains too much mica. I'd still recommend this for others to try, but I won't be repurchasing.