August 30, 2014 | 1716 users online

Fragrances - Kuumba Made - Egyptian Musk

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by chameleon529

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

If I hadn't experienced Auric Blends' take on Egyptian musk before Kuumba Made's I would probably love this. I got worried at first because I DID get a fecal note as others have mentioned but luckily it went away quickly and left a nice if plain musk scent. A little more quiet and powdery than Egyptian Goddess, this is the skin scent of all skin scents, virtually indetectable as a "perfume." Good for cuddling and days where you don't want to smell like a bouquet of flowers or a dessert, but rather a slightly more fragrant version of you. I prefer Egyptian Goddess as it just has a little extra "oomph" but ultimately they are both good and I think it comes down to personal preference. Docking lippies for oil texture and price; I was left with sticky shiny patches on my skin even after attempting to rub it in, and I'm not crazy about forking over several dollars more than similar brands for significantly less product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2011 5:45:00 AM More reviews by hed67

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I too sampled this at Whole Foods and thought it was wonderful - the very scent that I've been searching for. I bought it (at $9.99 for a miniscule bottle), took it home, applied it to my wrists and...nothing. No scent apart from a vague, weak woodsy smell (like an old wooden attic). I didn't even get a scent from sniffing the bottle directly. However, I tried rubbing a few drops into freshly washed hair and, after several minutes...there it was... the delicious scent I was looking for. Clean, feminine, a little floral, delicious.

I don't know if something's off about the product or if my body chemistry just doesn't jive with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by skaroncita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried this at Whole Foods and loved the way the tester smelled on me. (I love the scent of Egyptian Musk.) Several days later I returned and bought a vial, but after wearing if for the last few days, I'm really disappointed. The rollerball itself smells like Egyptian Musk, but after I apply it on my skin, all I smell is sandalwood. The scent also fades very quickly. I'm not sure why there's such a discrepancy between the way the tester smelled on me versus the take-home product, but I'm going to keep looking till I find an Egyptian Musk that smells like, well, Egyptian Musk on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by ccjcjl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I tested this at Whole Foods and was mind-blowingly unoverwhelmed by it. It definitely not obtrusive and it's a soothing/comfort scent. Right out of the vial, it has very low silage (and that's coming from a person who's nervous to wear a soft floral in public!) and which barely develops after application. I don't find it terribly unique, but I guess it's a good basic musk.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2010 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Daisy100

oh well i had high hopes for this one. it started off with a watery scent and a little tar. it took about three hours to dry down then i got the very and i mean very slight scent of the clean laundry smell im looking for.
i couldn't smell it!neither could my sister and she has a great nose. i tried it on three other people and they couldn;t smell it either. very mysterious. the great egyptian musk hunt continues....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2009 8:39:00 PM More reviews by LexiJo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, I was so surprised to read the review by the user that said she got a "manure" scent...that is exactly how it smells to me, too...and I LOVE Egyptian Musk! I have tried Auric Blends Egyptian Goddess (which smells like eraser and just "off"), Body Time's version (nice!) and the one from Fragrant Body Oilz on ebay (the best I have found...PLUS it comes in a spray!). I love the idea of a perfume being all-natural and had really high hopes for this one, I was expecting it to be the best yet based on the reviews and that it is natural, but I get a definite smell of horse manure. It is the strangest thing. Maybe I got a bad batch? I certainly hope so, because I really like some of their other scents. I might re-try this one, but I won't be using the bottle I have...it's AWFUL! LOVE the company, though.
UPDATE 9.29.12 - Ahhh...righteous vindication! I am an Egyptian Musk Devotee. I LOVE it. I think I have tried almost all that are out there, including Auric Blends, Body Time, Fragrant Body Oilz, Attar Bazaar, Narciso Rodriguez, etc., and then a few days ago (since I ADORE Kuumba Made products and just the whole company), when I was in Whole Foods, I picked up the sample for this (again) and rolled it on. I continued my shopping and sniffed at random intervals, and a blissful hope rose in my heart...could it be? Is this finally "IT?" could it be "THE ONE"? It smelled so delicious and delectable that I ignored the "but it smells like manure on you!" voice in my head from the past, and boldly purchased a brand new vial ($9.99). I've been wearing it for a few days now, both on its own and mixed with various other Kuumba Made fragrance oils and IT IS DIVINE! GONE from this batch is that horse manure note. I guess I just had gotten a bad batch or bottle last time, but this one has MORE than made up for it! How do I describe it? Um...it's clean, soft, a little soapy, fresh, languid, SEXY, dreamy, ultra-feminine and unlike anything I have ever smelled before. This stuff is a certified man magnet. It also has the same effect mixed with Persian Garden and Amber Paste...and elicits blissfully scent-intoxified men more so than any other fragrance I've ever worn with the sole exception of A Zaftig Woman's Blackberry Musk from long ago. (Does ANYONE know of a great dupe for that precious oil elixir that is available now? - If so PLEASE message me and I'll be eternally grateful!) Anyway, this stuff ROCKS. I do have to caution that you sniff before you buy, because I know I am not the only one to have gotten a manure-y bottle before, but let me tell you, when it is done right, this perfume oil is everything a woman's fragrance should be. It invites a "high", "blissed-out" feeling in me every time I get a whiff of my own scent when I wear this, everyone around me loves it and comments on it, and I never get tired of it. You know your favorite lippie that is MLBB? This is My Skin Scent But Better. How else can I say it? Holy Grail of not only Egyptian Musks, but my HG signature fragrance. I flat out simply adore this.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2009 6:50:00 PM More reviews by redhead2000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This smells delicious! I ordered the 1/8 oz. size from Kuumba Made after hearing great reviews here on MUA. This is supposed to be a close match to Narciso Rodriguez's Musc oil. It is close, but I like the NR better. However, it's a good alternative.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2009 5:43:00 PM More reviews by GreenShamrock

Wow. I really had high hopes when I ordered this because of all the awesome reviews. This straight up stinks on me. Smells like manure. No kidding. I guess it must be my chemistry, but I am so disappointed. I've worn other Egyptian musk with no problem. I get the same manure smell with the vanilla musk I got from them too. Obviously, I would not purchase again unless I am longing for the farm life.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 4:18:00 PM More reviews by rock_chica81

I'm absolutely in love with fragrance. I stopped wearing perfume when I was pregnant and had not found a fragrance that I liked since having my baby more than a year ago. Someone on the fragrance board suggested Egyptian Musk and I thought I'd give it a try when I was at my local whole foods. I can't tell you how perfect this is. I've gotten so many compliments from co-workers and family. My husband loves it too. I also don't have to worry about it being overbearing for my one year old either. It's so soft and clean yet still very feminine. It has really good staying power and it's reasonably priced. I've tried Egyptian Goddess which is really nice too but Kuumba's still smells softer and less spicier to me so this is definitely the winner. Big thank you to the fragrance board for this great recommendation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by linda69

I use to go to the whole foods in my area, and try out all the perfume oils. Kuumba made is the best, quality.

You can tell, this is real essence of resins and flowers because it goes bad, the shelf life is about a year, MAYBE two.
This is the scent I Love, and it's hard to choose between them all, because they are ALL good, but this one smelt the best. The lady at the check stand was like, "Oh, that's my favorite, Love it".

I Love Pikaki Lei too. I almost like that one better, than Egyptian musk.
Lilly of the valley is also really nice, and sweet, those were the two runners up. Egyptian Musk is the most awesome though.
Not too many people mention Pikaki Lei, and Lilly, but their great scents.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No