July 22, 2014 | 2356 users online

Skincare - Face - Dr. Denese - HydroShield Ultra Moisturizing Face Serum

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to like this. The texture is really like water and it glides on nicely. But that's it...
It's mostly silicones, which are *not* moisturizing...They just make your skin *look* smoother temporarily...they aren't plumping you up or giving your skin moisture.
I totally agree with the posters who said it made their skin look and feel smooth--totes trueness there. But, when you wash your face, it's going to be as dry, oily or whatever as before you applied it because it's not affecting your skin's actual moisture level.
I think of this stuff more as a primer or something rather than a 'moisturizer'.
Cute package though and I love the feel...but give me a *real* moisturizer any day!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 9:53:00 AM More reviews by flowerlover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just received this in a trial kit from Dr. Denes's website a few days ago and I love it! It feels like silk and goes on beautifully. For my dry skin, it is not greasy at all and better than any other serum I have used. Too soon to know if it will be a staple in my skin care, but I am going to purchase a larger size of it along with her Wrinkle RX Moisturizer Surge and will report back after I have used it longer. It is costly, but nothing else has really pleased me. Maybe I have finally found my HG.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by karriwhel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This was just okay for me. I have certainly tried other serums that were of better value & created far better results for the money. Highlighting the good things about this serum is easy, it did not break me out and that says a LOT. It was hydrating although it goes on almost oily/shiny like so you have to make sure to have a bit of time to allow soaking in, after that there was no oily feeling or residue left so I thought that was a huge plus. I have combo skin & it hydrated well, not sure how it would do with oily skin. This product did absolutely nothing for changing skin tone, pores or wrinkles and that is the only reason I would not purchase again. Sure it hydrates, but it does nothing else a good moisturizer wouldn't do. So for the price on this one, no way!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by whocareswhoiam

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased a 4oz bottle because it was the best value size. One pump of the serum covers my entire face. It spreads evenly and takes less than a minute to fully absorb into my skin. It does not feel greasy or tacky, my skin does feel hydrated after the application. I do apply a night cream over the serum. Application of the second product does not result in pilling. I believe this serum helps to hydrate my skin. I believe it really helps to renew skin, the retinol does an excellent job creating skin cell turnover. I will continue to use this product not just for the hydration benefit, but more for the benefits of the retinol - so effective, my skin texture has dramatically improved. This is the first retinol product that does not adversely affect my sensitive skin. The ingredient list is impressive. The 4oz. size is the best value, but is not good for "carry-on" travel. Unfortunately, the smaller sizes of this product are even more costly. When QVC offers Dr. Denese TSV, it is the best value. Otherwise, register at the Dr. Denese website. The site periodically emails some special offers and does provide free shipping w/minimum purchase. Dermstore and Skin Store websites now carry this line, they too periodically offer discounts to those registered on the site.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by leamarie1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love love love this product!!! Cannot use on oily or normal skin, just on eyes & it's fantastic in the eye area. So moisturizing! Cannot live without it

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 8:22:00 AM More reviews by perfumequeen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a staple for me - it is the best I've found for adding moisture, smoothing skin, and prepping for makeup/treatments. I got Dr. Denese's book from the public library - interesting tips and recommendations there from diet to skin care. I know it's pricey, but worth a lot more than buying cheaper stuff that doesn't provide consistent results.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by MiaBella0517

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hello. I found a 5 pc set on Craigslist for $50 bucks. It had 60 firming facial pads, Wrinkle Rest Exoression Line Peptide Concentrate, Hydro Shield Ultra Moisturizing Face Serum, Baggage Lost Puff Reducing Eye Gel & Hydro Shield Body Serum. The facial pads are fabulous! I only use them once a week at night. I love the wrinkle rest. I use it on my forehead only and it's awesome! The face serum is oily so I only use it in my eyes every night & it's great. If I wake up with puffy eyes I use the baggage lost. I use the body serum on my feet & put socks on them. Great products. I always shop on Craigslist. All products were sealed in the book like box. All products were full size & will last a long time.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2012 4:15:00 AM More reviews by StarBlazerM31

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I know I'm still relatively young to be using retinol, but I want to tame the.signs of aging early. This product feels slimy on my very oily skin, so I use just a small amount. Don't much care for the texture, and I don't get the velvety matte finish it boasts. But since it was so crazy expensive, I'm going to keep using it until it's gone. Gonna find a different retinoid after though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After seeing Dr. Denese on PBS I became very interested in her products, all aimed at correcting aging skin. I bought from her site the glycolic acid pads and this serum, and I use at night the EL night repair with Retin A. My skin looked pretty good with just the EL and retin A, but I was not exfoliating and the EL, which until I got this product I also used in the AM (it's amazing stuff) has absolutely no moisture, it is water based. This serum is not water based and gives me enough moisture in the AM, followed by Kiel's sunscreen, somewhat moisturizing, to not use a seperate mositurizer. My skin really loves the Dr. Denese serum and Facial glycolic pads. I see fewer lines as there seems to be a plumping effect from the serum and it is so beautifully hydrating that it has allowed me to cut out one of my morning products, the straight on mositurizer. I have found since that the products are better priced on the QVC site. Highly recommend at any age, start using a serum before I did, my late 40's!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by cnvalle

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this stuff. But a 2 oz bottle is $125!!!!!! Granted I just swipe the outside of the glass eye dropper and use on my whole face, eyes, and neck...Still the price bothers me. But I have desert dry skin and this does seem to form a barrier between me and dryness. I only like this packaging. The four ounce size comes in one of those awful pump things that I think waste product.

Never had any issues with irritation etc.