April 16, 2014 | 2066 users online

Treatments - Origins - Super Spot Remover

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by sciencegeek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Anyone who has read my review of 'Staring Over Age Erasing Moisturiser' will know that I recently had a little community of pimples settling down on my chin. Some where angry and had white heads (ewwww). I was desperate and after reading the good reviews I ordered it on line. Delivery was free and very quick. I used it everyday am and pm for a few days. Initially, it worked really well on removing the white heads. However, it also dried my skin out too much and made it flaky. By the 4th day my skin was so sore from using this that I couldn't sleep after having applied it before going to bed. I had to stop using it as it was too hurtful and I was concerned about what it was doing to my skin. It calmed down the pimples and got rid of the white heads. It also made them look smaller. But they are still on my face even though they're a lot let noticeable. Maybe this would actually eliminate them if I used it for longer but my skin got to reactive to it.

The packaging is cute but very small. The product is a gel that feels tingly upon application. So... I am not sure how to rate this one. I guess it's really good of getting rid of the white heads but at the expense of my skin's suppleness and balance? Is that a good deal? Especially considering that the spots are still on my face? I don't think so. I returned it and I hope to get my money back soon. Will update on why well or bad the returns procedure is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by stl

This is super effective. I apply it to my pimples and they either disappear or it brings out the whitehead. Amazing. It stings though, so if you have sensitive skin I'd recommend applying moisturizer first.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 6:02:00 AM More reviews by kirito

I've been using the Super Spot Remover for a few weeks now, along with my usual skin care routine consisting of washing my face, toning, and moisturizing twice a day. This product has helped to clear sudden whiteheads from breakouts within a few days. (I apply the gel twice a day as well.) So, if you get small, "poppable" zits, this product will likely work well for you.

However, I've yet to see a difference with my acne scars. I doubt this product is meant for treating scars, but I was hoping it would lighten them a bit. I'm not saying that this is a bad spot treatment; but it won't get rid of acne scarring if that's what you're looking for.

I do like that it removes those "poppable" zits without me having to pop them, but I don't think I would repurchase. I need a treatment that will get rid of scars and active acne.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by wateverblahblah

This product is great for treating spots overnight!.Just a little dab and it works from small zits to cystic pimples on chin/neck.I really like this product,it works.
The only problem I have with this is 1) the price for the amount of product im getting 2) the packaging which makes it hard to squeeze out product.Sigh.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by mooseyroach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been dealing with painful acne breakouts for a few months now and have been at the end of my tether trying everything to get rid of it. I bought this on a bit of an impulse buy. It's a bit pricey at £14 and although the bottle is cute you have to squeeze out some of the product and expose it to the air, dab a bit on and then suck it back in the bottle (its too small to waste any!).

At first I thought that this was a miracle product. I used small amounts on my spots and use it 2-3 times a day, the first night I used it two big nodules on my jawline they were almost completely gone in the morning!

I'm on my first month of the Yasmin pill and it's made me breakout with even more painful acne, I feel like this product still works well but not as well as it first did. Maybe it's just because my acnes getting worse! For people who get the odd spot and want a quick fix I'd say buy this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by EcoPretty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've gone through numerous bottles of Origins' Clean Energy Cleansing Oil through the years and bought this spot remover impulsively at the register because I had a big hormonal breakout on my jawline.

Big mistake! I think between the high amount of alcohol and irritating clove and oregano essential oils, this stung like hell and made the area bright red. (Definitely wouldn't recommend using this in the morning!) It barely took down my cyst after several days of use and left the area REALLY dry and irritated-looking. Big ripoff at $14.50 for just .3 ounces!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2013 3:08:00 AM More reviews by jamesfrancos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When you first apply this product, it feels as if it's doing something because, for me, it made my skin tight. Unfortunately, when I would wake up after applying it the night before, my skin looked shiny and the blemishes were not at all improved.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Bazingaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I find this really helpful for night time use. It shrinks spots if applied little and often a few times before I go to bed. It is very drying on my dry skin, and this is sometimes noticeable if I wear foundation the next day, so I tend to use it at weekends only. If you have acne or spot prone skin id really recommend you try it! its around £12 but works better than any spot treatment I've tried. It's not a miracle cure, but I don't think one exists

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by persprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually have clear skin, but when I bought this a couple of months ago, I'd been getting occasional but really painful zits on unusual (for me) places like my cheeks. These zits would take their time growing under the skin, look ugly for awhile, make my whole face hurt like a bruise, and usually leave temporary scars. I wanted to avoid all this, so I bought the Super Spot remover at my local Origins. The SA cautioned me to use a very small amount. Per his warning, I was really conservative with it- I'd squeeze it (which annoyingly makes a giant glob appear on top of the bottle) let it go back down into the hole, and tap a Q-tip on the residue. A week after I got the SSR, a monstrous pimple and a smaller one next to it appeared under my cheekbone. I applied the Super Spot remover as recommended, but saw no difference. One day, slightly frustrated, I put more on the Q-tip- definitely not a glob, but enough that I could actually feel the gel as I applied a thin layer to my pimple. I should've figured out my mistake when it burned even more than normal. Soon after, I sported a dark red (almost black!) mark on my cheek. It looked like a cigarette burn! It finally faded slightly, but it's been almost 3 months and I have a resolutely dark pink spot and a smaller one next to it where my acne was. I was getting my makeup done recently and I could feel the woman layering concealer over my my scar. The pimple probably would have left a mark if left alone, but not to the extent that SSR caused. A couple of weeks ago, I got a pimple on my chin that I left alone and the mark it left is almost completely faded in contrast to the scar on my cheek. That said, I had a couple of chin zits that I also used this for when I got it. Though it didn't seem to help that much, I didn't get lasting scars there. I'm staying away from this now... to me, it's better to wait it out than to risk scarring/burning myself with this. I'm normally a big Origins fan, but the SSR is one exception. The only thing I like about it is the adorable tiny bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by idkwhattoput

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This treatment is very drying, and leaves my acne very red after use. Although it does reduce pimple size, it doesn't help prevent more breakouts. It also smells weird. So I don't think I would recommend this to many people.