July 29, 2014 | 1221 users online

Treatments (Face) - Origins - Super Spot Remover

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by kyazmin43

REASON I PURCHASED IT:
I got two HUGE pimples, one on each cheek. After reading the hype reviews on that it minimizes the size of the acne, I instantly went out to get it.

MY EXPECTATIONS:
I did not buy this to remove my acne, I was simply hoping it would minimize the size or redness. I was desperate to reduce the size of my enormous pimples! I was also looking forward to the "sting" that everyone mentions it because for me, it makes me believe it is actually working.

FIRST IMPRESSION:
I applied a dab on each of the pimples using a cue tip. It LITERALLY only sting for 2 seconds max and did not feel anything at all afterwards, which was a huge disappointment for me!
I woke up the next day and nothing changed. Pimples were the same enormous size and just as red.

**I continued to apply this twice a day (morning and night) for an entire week and saw no change whatsoever :( I never even felt that sting again beside the first time I applied it.
But I thought to myself that maybe my pimples were just too big already for this to work?

2ND CHANCE:
I repeated everything again on regular small acne that I got.
Felt no sting, no change, no nothing.

**This product did nothing to me. I have continued to use this for 2 weeks now, day and night. Thinking about continuing to use it and see if maybe it can improve over time. If I come back and do an update, probably means it did improve. If there is not update then it only means I have used up this product and did absolutely nothing, nothing even a sting!

THOUGHTS:
-If you have sensitive skin, definitely stay away from this product. (I do not)
-Contains salicylic acid, if your skin has not like that in the past definitely don't risk using this.
-Try to not have your hopes up so high like I did :)

Good Luck Everyone! Hope this product works for you! (If you decide to try it)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2014 3:26:00 AM More reviews by xxalicelynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Idk but it not usefull for acne treatment. Its not reduce pimple just little bit helps reduce acne dark spots or freckles. Too expensive for this quality

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this from Sephora, great idea if you have zit that you need help getting rid of, as you only need a tiny amount of this, and if you like it, then buy the full size.

I am reading the reviews and sounds like people are under the impression this is something it's not. I get the occasional big zit on my chin (hormonal? I am not sure) anyway, I put this on and it speeds up the healing process, calms it down and takes down the redness and yes you can feel it working. This is NOT to accure long-time acne, stuff that's been on your face for a long time.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by KellyFitzhugh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

my experience with spot treatments has been pretty unsuccessful, including with this stuff. maybe my skin is too sensitive for it because every time i use it, it makes my skin peel like crazy for a couple days where i applied it! like its disgusting!! i look like a snake shedding my skin :/ and i put all sorts of moisturizers and oils on the spot but it doesnt seem to matter. so, if you have sensitive skin be careful because this stuff is HARSH! at this point i would rather let a pimple run its course than use this to like punish my skin because the way it dries my skin out and makes it flake off is just not worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Majenta03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for almost 3 weeks. I noticed a difference in the size of blemish overnight. Does exactly what it says. Blemish is less swollen and noticeable the following morning. Mine always leaves a tingly feeling but it doesn't sting. A little pricey for the size of the bottle but I would buy it again

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by dazydeadpetals

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is amazing! I was skeptical about it but the origins lady let me sample some at the counter. She gave me a tiny blob on a q-tip, which was enough to cover about 10 small-medium sized spots on my face. I could FEEL it working almost immediately so I decided to buy it. By the time I got home last night all visible imperfections (new pimple, 3 day old pimple & red marks/scars) were smaller and less red. Used it before bed again and woke up very pleased with the noticeable progress. It's salicylic acid, so it's going to be irritating (hence why I could "feel" it working). This morning I put lavender oil on the places I had used the spot remover to sooth them and it worked like a charm. (Lavender is good for so many things but is excellent for burns, and to me the irritation feels like a very mild chemical burn.) I wouldn't recommend using this multiple times a day unless you are prepared to how your skin may react to its strong punch.

Skin care products I use and won't do without:
Raw organic honey (mask)
Lavender oil diluted with water (toner)
Hemp oil (moisturizer)
& now, Origins super spot remover

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by sciencegeek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Anyone who has read my review of 'Staring Over Age Erasing Moisturiser' will know that I recently had a little community of pimples settling down on my chin. Some where angry and had white heads (ewwww). I was desperate and after reading the good reviews I ordered it on line. Delivery was free and very quick. I used it everyday am and pm for a few days. Initially, it worked really well on removing the white heads. However, it also dried my skin out too much and made it flaky. By the 4th day my skin was so sore from using this that I couldn't sleep after having applied it before going to bed. I had to stop using it as it was too hurtful and I was concerned about what it was doing to my skin. It calmed down the pimples and got rid of the white heads. It also made them look smaller. But they are still on my face even though they're a lot let noticeable. Maybe this would actually eliminate them if I used it for longer but my skin got to reactive to it.

The packaging is cute but very small. The product is a gel that feels tingly upon application. So... I am not sure how to rate this one. I guess it's really good of getting rid of the white heads but at the expense of my skin's suppleness and balance? Is that a good deal? Especially considering that the spots are still on my face? I don't think so. I returned it and I hope to get my money back soon. Will update on why well or bad the returns procedure is.

UPDATE: Return policy is excellent. You can return the item for free (click plus collect) and they give you the money back. No fuss. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by stl

This is super effective. I apply it to my pimples and they either disappear or it brings out the whitehead. Amazing. It stings though, so if you have sensitive skin I'd recommend applying moisturizer first.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 6:02:00 AM More reviews by kirito

I've been using the Super Spot Remover for a few weeks now, along with my usual skin care routine consisting of washing my face, toning, and moisturizing twice a day. This product has helped to clear sudden whiteheads from breakouts within a few days. (I apply the gel twice a day as well.) So, if you get small, "poppable" zits, this product will likely work well for you.

However, I've yet to see a difference with my acne scars. I doubt this product is meant for treating scars, but I was hoping it would lighten them a bit. I'm not saying that this is a bad spot treatment; but it won't get rid of acne scarring if that's what you're looking for.

I do like that it removes those "poppable" zits without me having to pop them, but I don't think I would repurchase. I need a treatment that will get rid of scars and active acne.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by wateverblahblah

This product is great for treating spots overnight!.Just a little dab and it works from small zits to cystic pimples on chin/neck.I really like this product,it works.
The only problem I have with this is 1) the price for the amount of product im getting 2) the packaging which makes it hard to squeeze out product.Sigh.