September 2, 2014 | 1981 users online

Blush - Everyday Minerals - Deep Wine

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Niere

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

When applied with a light hand, this blush looks beautiful on my light olive skin. I love it more as a highly pigmented but natural looking lip stain/lip stick - I just apply lip balm to my lips, rub a bit of powder on my finger and put it on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2008 7:16:00 AM More reviews by mayanii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

RIS. The girl I swapped with said that this blush made her look like she had bruised cheeks. Lol. For me, it's the perfect brown-purple shade. At least I think so because no one's said anything negative thing about it. Then again, with my skintone, I think I could get away with anything!

Also, like most of EDM's dark matte blushes, you need to apply with a light hand if you're fair. This would work great for contouring.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2008 4:07:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Right now I have the sample size. On my golden medium skintone this is nice. Basically follow what the reviewer before me says in application and u'll be fine.

I plan to get the full size one day, I just need to run out of this ample sample first! I use it as a bronzer or as a blush. When I want the bronzer look of brownish cheeks i use verrry little and for a blush i use a teeeensy bit more. i also really like that its matte and of course I love the EM formulas.
Another reviewer was talking about how this compares to BE warmth. I would say this is definitely to be treated as a pigmented wine blush where was warmth is a pigmented bronzer...it doesn't have the wine tone in it at all like Deep Wine does.

1 lippie off b/c i hate the packaging of loose blushes, sigh. but this price and the fact that its a matte blush with no gross shimmer cannot be beaten :)
hope that helps!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2008 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Jolly_C

Deep Wine can be a universally flattering blush. The trick to use it sparingly. This is what I do:

-Compared to other mineral blushes, I put 3/4s less on my lid. Sometimes I use as little of the Deep Wine as the size of a sesame seed.
-After swirling with my brush, I pat--not sweep--gently and conservatively on my cheeks until I get the look I want.

If I want more color, I can pat more. If I happen to have applied too much, I can take an extra brush to sweep away the excess blush. I can also buff some foundation over the area to make it less intense. You also get a more natural look that way.
***Due to its high pigmentation, I recommend getting a small size (better yet, get it free in the sample kit!). You can mix Deep Wine with other blushes and powders to get custom colors that won't be too light to be used as blush. Very economical.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2007 3:28:00 PM More reviews by redcurrant

This is a very dark blush, and it is very easy to put on too much. It's very potent. It can be made to look nice and natural, but it is hard to get the right amount. I use olive medium/light tan foundation, and this blush is almost too intense for me. It comes out looking like a dark plum color, kind of purplish. Sometimes I apply to much and have to go over it with foundation to lighten it. I think if you could mix this with a lighter, redder color it would be easier to wear.

Since buying this blush, I've learned just to use a pinch of it. I love the color it gives when used lightly.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2007 2:48:00 PM More reviews by ladybug_3777

Wow is this a DARK blush. Definitly not one to be used on fair or light skin.(My foundation color with EM is olive - light olive / buff - beige neutral) When I first applied this blush it looked like I had gotten smacked in the face and ended up with a bruise. Its really easy to put it on too dark.
Use just a teeny tiny pinch. I found getting the right amount of color was tough so I won't be purchasing it. Thankfully I just got a sample, but I think that tiny sample could last a lifetime you need such a little amount for color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2007 9:25:00 PM More reviews by adornedwithgrace

I just rediscovered Deep Wine today in my current collection since I don't wear this color often because it is a bit on the dark side, even for my medium olive skin tone. It is a fairly matte deep brick color with rose tones that would show up on those with the Tan and even Deep Tan shades. When I use it, I only need miniscule SPECKS of it. It kind of reminds me of BE's Warmth although it is not quite as terracotta red. This would make a great bronzer for those that find that the Everyday Bronzer doesn't show up on them as it is such a beautiful, rich shade. I do like this shade, but it is definitely more of a nighttime blush as it seems a bit much for work/daytime wear. (I personally couldn't pull it off...) Currently, it is the darkest shade that EM offers. As with all of EM's blushes, this is extremely pigmented so remember to apply with a very light hand!!!