October 2, 2014 | 921 users online

Concealers - Everyday Minerals - Mint Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by tobybear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am shocked that I've never reviewed this! The EDM Mint Green concealer has been my HG concealer for around 4 years. I've got Rosacea and red marks from old breakouts, so I have lots of redness to cover. This stuff works like a charm for me! I never wear makeup without it, unless I'm going to be home all day with no company.

It took a bit of practice, but I finally figured out the best application for my skin: I moisturize, then wait about 5 min for it to sink in completely. Then I just do the whole swirl and tap, a light dusting over entire face. Too much will leave you looking like a ghost, and if your skin is dry it will look cakey, chalky and show every single crease and line in your skin. Then I top it off with my EDM semi-matte base in Ivory and that's it.

Like I said, it does take practice to know how much to use, and you better blend, blend, blend. There were definitely a few times in the past where I ended up with a greenish cast by midday lol. I've got my method down, now, though and I love this stuff! Total & complete HG for me. Tones down all my redness; when I worked in retail customers would randomly tell me that I had such a lovely complexion...all I could think was thank you Mint Concealer :) because without it I would be a blotchy, speckled red hot mess.

Oh yes, and I almost forgot...don't expect this to cover actual raised blemishes. IME, it doesn't work. Best to just use your normal concealer for those bad boys.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't find this product anything special, but it's been a part of my routine for a long time. I don't use it by itself though. If used on it's own, it looks green underneath my foundation no matter what. I got the idea from an internet makeup buddy to mix Mint with EM Sunlight concealer. The yellow tones it down just enough that it doesn't appear green under my foundation, but it's still green enough to cancel out redness. I use it for spot concealing blemishes and acne scars, and it works pretty good for that. My one real problem and why I will not repurchase this again is because EM changed the formula of their makeup and it started causing people skin problems. I have not purchased since the ingredient change (so you can imagine how old my jar is), and I will be replacing it with Meow's Camo Cats concealer.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by tutlitu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've got dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin, and I've been looking for another concealer product to cover the red lumps and bumps. I've tried this product several times, and I end up looking like I've got green spots on my face. The powder really sets in creases and dry spots around the pimples, and I haven't managed to blend it in. I've tried to just use a tiny, tiny amount, but still, all it does is make my skin green and sets into creases.

It might work to cover larger areas of red skin, but not if you've got dry, chapped skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by fihe

I've had this product for a long time but never used it much because any redness on my face was usually sufficiently covered by my regular makeup. well, lately I've gotten a very red, irritated face from overuse of benzoyl peroxide. it looks like a bad sunburn and feels like one too! I need to watch what kinds of products I use on my face so that my skin doesn't feel like it's on fire. well, I applied this concealer with a kabuki brush on my red areas (which is essentially my entire face at the moment), and then used a concealer brush to spot-apply on blemishes. then I applied my regular mineral powder foundation, which at the time is Physicians Formula airbrushing pressed powder. I no longer look like a lobster when wearing these products, and they do not irritate my skin! just be sure to gently exfoliate and moisturize before use, as powder products can make skin appear dry, plus it could look uneven if some areas are more dry or moist than others. when the product is on and your face feels dry, I recommend using a hydration mist (basically a mixture of glycerin and water).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by sweetkandi87

I dont use this that often but it is really good at concealing redness. Works great around the nose or on acne. You have to apply very little though because you will look very ashy or green if it is too much and not enough foundation is covered over it. I would buy this again if I ever ran out, but I really dont see it happening so I put no lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by bluefrog1323

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't know how much it cost cause I swapped for it. Anyways, I love this because it actually covers my red spots! The reason I gave it four lippies though is because you have to put very little on or it leaves a green spot but it's not really a big deal. Also, the packaging is kind of frustrating because when I screw the cap back on, the concealer sometimes gets on my hands. It really does work for red spots though!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by NanoBabes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So this was my first attempt at using green concealers, and also a powder concealer. And it was not successful.
I'm already a little skeptical about using green neutralizing concealers. When I use pinkish concealers under my eyes, it needs very little on top of it to make it look natural. Using green concealers (or at least this one) on top of red marks makes the area look ashy and... well, green. Okay. So I put a concealer on top of it that matches my skin tone. Since there isn't really any EDM natural shade concealers, I use an intensive Buttered Tan over it. But I feel like I'm just buffing away whatever the green concealer was doing, or they just combine to make a weird color together. When I use a thicker liquid/cream concealer on top, I get the same results as not using the green concealer at all. Actually, it usually looks cakey over certain types of pimples.
Also, I bought a "travel size" to test it out, which came in a roller tube. This makes it difficult to get any product out. I have to tilt my head at an angle to apply it so that gravity allows powder to come out. Also doesn't allow for detailed application.
I've also found that so far, EDM mineral foundation/concealer loose powder works great on my skin, but only when it's acne-free. On top of cystic acne, it makes the area dry and flaky and draws more attention to it than if I didn't use anything at all. It's weird, because EDM seems to sink in and blend well with the rest of my face, better than other foundation powders, but on my acne it looks terrible. And yes, I moisturize thoroughly, use primer, have tried applying the powder "wet" - with water, glycerin + water, and aloe vera. Just doesn't work.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Nina_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This works great to cover even the reddest, angriest pimples and blemishes! You only need the teeniest little bit, I just blend it in with my finger. There is a slight green tinge that's left over, but I always put the concealer on before my foundation, so it's totally imperceptible. I have the sample size of this and I think it will last me forever at this rate!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2011 5:41:00 AM More reviews by nikkimorrissey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just could not get this to work for me, no matter what I did. I always ended up looking green/sickly under my foundation and just finally gave up on trying to work with it. I still have it (because I'm a packrat LOL) but never use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 11:17:00 AM More reviews by vilkku

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this! I have a lot of redness on my cheeks, especially now that it's winter, and this really helps! I apply a LOT of this under foundation. It looks really green and grey and it looks like I'm sick, but here's the trick: I apply my liquid foundation on top of it. So basically I cover the red with green and then the green with foundation :D but believe me it works, it's been like -20 centigrades outside and my face looks normal instead of that bright pink color that I usually get! Even my friends noticed that! My dry skin was ok with this, it didn't accentuate the dryness or anything. I'm just so happy, I thought nothing was gonna help with the redness!!