November 24, 2014 | 1364 users online

Lip Gloss - Bare Escentuals - Buxom Lips Lip Gloss Candi

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by kpxgenie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Less sticky than MAC lipglasses. I'd say these are sheerer than MAC's lipglasses too, but you get more for your dollar. This is great for daily wear when you're not looking to wear lipstick or a heavy lipgloss. The tingly cooling feeling might put some off, but I like it, especially when the weather is warm/hot.

Again, the color on Candi is sheer and gives my pigmented lips a shiny, reddish-pink tinge. I'm not sure if it actually makes them look fuller or if the shine is providing an optical illusion.

The formula lasts a good 3-4 hours wear...that is without eating or drinking anything.

Would I buy again? At $18/each retail, probably not. There are others I'd like to try before I get all the colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by keyelement

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Candi is a great coral-pink shade with minor golden shimmer. I don't like shimmer in my lip products but here it acts more to brighten. The color is sheer but definitely a noticeable pop I love almost every day to complete a warm look. I don't mind the minty tingle and I like the doefoot applicator - way better than the brush regular Bare Escentuals glosses have. There is a ton of product in Buxom glosses - I can't recommend enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Tearose61

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Candi and it is wonderful!! Easy to apply with the edges of the tube removing any excess product. The color is beautiful and is moisturizing on my lips. It has a tingle to it which does seem to make my lips look fuller, but perhaps that is just my imagination. Anyway, I love this lippee and am going back to Sephora for more!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by zhaya

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This one surprised me. I thought it would be way too pinky for me, but the color seems to somehow adapt to the lip color of the person wearing it. I have seen it on many people with very different coloring, and somehow it seems to suit just about everyone. It is a sort of straw-berry color, shiney but not shimmery. Can be used alone or over another color. It is one of those shades that just brightens you up. As sated in previous reviews, I also love the Ginger lip gloss. Few of the other colors suit me. Except for that ubiquitous problem of my hair getting stuck to my lips, I love this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by maquin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am not giving it a 5 because it is marketed as a lip plumper and I do not feel it is, but nonetheless it is a good lip gloss. Great pinkish/red strawberry color. Last the same amount of time as any other gloss. Nice cooling effect. I like that it can instantly brighten up my whole look. It's a happy color :)

For reference I am NC25, very dark brown hair, hazel eyes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

It looks like they've discontinued several shades from the Buxom line, which is a shame. I believe Candi is one of the shades that is no longer available at Sephora. It's a slightly redder pink gloss that gives a nice, just-bitten color to my lips without being overtly red (I'm not big on bold lip colors for myself, but I think they look great on others!). I like the Buxom glosses in general (although the tube is rather bulky and unnecessary). I don't notice a lot of real plumping, but I don't mind the tingling sensation.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Olive143

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was using Trixie for a few years and loved that. Then I tried Dolly which is MLBB, Sugar is a pretty nude color. I loving Candi though and my new Buxom lipgloss to wear on the daily! It's a berry/deep coral color that seems to brighten my complexion. I love the staying power and love the tint it leaves on my lips. It is a bit sticky if you put a ton on, slight tingle to it. From someone who has small lips, this does give a slight plumping effect. But nothing that will last or make a significant difference. I'm a lip gloss kind of girl and haven't found any other lip gloss that moisturizes and stays put like Buxom. Worth the price IMHO.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by nightowlrogerrs

I love buxom lip gloss. It makes my lipstick stay on longer and I love the cool feeling it gives. It is very moisturizing...I will buy again, but it is expensive.......but worth it...I haven't found anything else like it for cheaper......

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by LadyPeach

Has a bit of sparkle to it, like most of the lipglosses and leaves a tingly feeling on your lips. The shade is a nice strawberry!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2010 4:11:00 AM More reviews by kylie123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is like how most other reviewers described as a strawberry shade. It is a very nice color and i love the tingly feeling it gives your lips, but I don't think this is the shade for me!