Wet 'n' Wild Wild Shine - Wild Orchid

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Wild Orchid was my staple summer color and will be great transitioning into the purples of fall. The color is a bit translucent with one layer but after 2 or 3 layers it turns into a deep, dark bluish purple. It looks almost black, but the darkness is interrupted by sassy glitter. The color is overall amazing and a fabulous statement. It looks especially well on toes. The texture is nice and thin but like all cheap nail polishes, it chips in a day or two but, hey it's only a dollar!

on 4/18/2010 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I picked this up for 50cents, so I can't complain too much. Yes, it's sheer, but layer it over a bright purple (like Sinful 'lets talk' or nars 'purple rain') and it's amazing. in dim/indoor light it's almost hard to see that there's micro-glitter, but in outdoor light it's so beautiful; the micro-glitter changes color and seems to glow, but it's very subtle and chic. The Wild Shine polishes I have don't wear terribly well, but I change my polish frequently enough that by the time it starts getting little chips I'm going to change it anyway.

on 1/27/2010 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

gorgeous color, didn't have any problems with the application other than its sheerness. It chipped within a day, but that's what you get with the dirt cheap price!

on 7/3/2009 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Very unique color, very sheer. I had to use 3 coats to get it to be opaque. It's actually quite beautiful. However, it chipped within a day and a half (that's without doing dishes, laundry, etc.). I bought this with Black Creme because I feel like that would be a nicer color than this alone. Overall, it was worth the $1.

I wanted a purple polish but couldn't make up my mind til i saw this one;-) It is a very pretty and sheer polish that needs to be applied about 3 times to achieve the bottle color. from what i can tell it has blue and red shimmer in it.Its a very different and unique shade imo!!

on 2/11/2009 3:25:00 AM

my bottle is pretty sheer, so it takes a good 3-4 coats to get it to be pretty opaque. i love the holographic glitter and the metallic-purple base coat, but i just wish the formula was better. it's too sheer and it chips way too easily. it's cheap and unique, so that's the only reason i'm keeping it.

on 7/29/2008 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I bought this at Walmart for 93 cents. I bought several colors because I want to start Frankening, but this is pretty enough on its own. It's an eggplant with multicolor micro glitter. Yeah, I'd like a wide brush, but for 93 cents you can't have everything.

on 7/26/2008 3:16:00 PM

This polish is just OK. The color in the bottle is gorgeous and on the nails it's pretty. I wasn't impressed with the application and the brush is SOOO skinny! It took me 3 coats to get the color to look as true as in the bottle. I think I paid about $1 or so for the bottle, so I can't complain too much. I put that I wouldn't repurchase because I can't see this being a color I'll wear a lot and since it was very difficult to find, I think it might be discontinued (or close to being dc'ed). EDITING: I am really disappointed in the polish. The day after I applied it, a gigantic chunk popped out warranting redoing that entire nail. It continued to chip regularly over a 3 day period and I finally took it off after an entire sheet peeled off. I guess you can't expect much for 99 cents. Too bad because I really like the color. Maybe I'll use it for layering over a better brand.

on 7/4/2008 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I bought this nail polish about a year ago, and used it only once or twice because I wasn't so sure about the intense purple colour.
But really, the colour is gorgeous!
I'm actually waiting for my nails to dry right now, and I think that a third coat is necessary.
It can get a little goopy, but for under 2$, who's complaining?

on 2/21/2008 5:19:00 PM

Eh. The price is great, but the color is so childish. I understand that I am wearing purple, but you can get sophisticated purples. I would wear this if I was going to a rave, but other than that, I think I will steer clear. The multi-colored sparkles are nice, and this would probably be much better over a black creme, but at this point, I'm really not too interested.

Popular Polishes