October 24, 2014 | 1633 users online

Polishes - New York Color - Long Wearing Nail Enamel - Times Sq Tangerine 112

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Flippit

This is one of my favorite polishes. It's a vibrant coral color, and dries without bubbles. It's not any less "long wearing" than polishes that cost 5 or 6 times as much. Once you put a top coat on (I favor Wet n Wild clear nail protector) it lasts like crazy. Plus, it's super duper cheap.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by CultureCreature

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love the color, but it chips pretty darn quick. A three coater to a super bright opaque solid. It's a lot of fun, but when it runs out I'll buy a higher quality item since this isn't an uncommon color - just one of the cheapest versions of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticluv18

I LOVE this color. It's a gorgeous summery neon orange-y coral. It was only $1 and doesn't chip for me using the N.Y.C top coat.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by sensiblenails

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Dry time was slow but I sort of expected that from the formula and amount of coats it took to apply (three). The real failure comes from the way it chips, even with Seche Vite as a top coat.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 7:59:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

This is a nice orange polish. I prefer other corals though, such as L'Oreal Tangerine Crush, Revlon Make Mine Mango, and Barielle Berry Go Round.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I forgot how much i really do like these nail polishes. This color is great, all year round. I hate having to put thought into my nails on somedays, I want something that i can throw on and know its not too much or seasonal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~~~~~~~~~
The New York Color Cosmetics Long Wear Nail Enamel can be found in some drugstores like Rite Aid & CVS as well as some mass discount stores like KMart, Walmart & Target. The price is great, super cheap. These cost $1.. Yes one dollar thats why i collected almost every shade. I love nail polish & its cheap but it works good!
~~~~~~ SHADE & FORMULA & PERFORMANCE ~~~~~
The New York Color Long Wear Enamel is a great basic nail polish. Times Square Tangerine is a great color. Its a mid tone coral with a tangerine undertone. Its a great step from your basic red. This gives a nice pop of color to the nails. Yet its not too bright or shocking so it can be worn with any outfit. This is a great color year round but i esp reach for it during the spring and summer months. I dont like reds for some reason, i feel like they make me look paler but this is close enough for me. Its a great color. The performance on these polishes are great as well. I am rough on my hands so no matter what base/top coat i use, i dont get more than a few days out of any polish so these hold up with my China Glaze and OPI. They do chip easier but w/ a good base/top coat, they are good. I switch up my polish alot so i dont score these too low. These wear for around 4-5 days before chipping. Which works well for me. Times Square Tangerine #112 is a great fun color. I suggests using a base coat & then using one to two layers to enhance opacity. The color is pigmented but i like to ensure my nails are coated well which also helps with chipping. Not too much or too little. i have a few different polishes that seem to eat at my nails & make them brittle, these $1 polishes surprisingly have never done that. I dont have any problems w/ these. They also remove easily. Which is a major plus for me as well.
~~~~~~~~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The New York Color Cosmetics Long Wearing Nail Enamels come in your standard hard glass bottle. They are see through allowing you to see the color inside. A plus, I always want to see what the polish looks like. There is black writing/labeling. The shade name is located under the NYC logo. Big enough so you can see. The ingredients & such are located on the back of the bottle. The lid & handle/brush is gray silver which twists on & off easily. No hassles opening or shutting. The brush is your basic. Nothing horrible or amazing. The brush picks up the enamel easily & allowing you to coat the nail easily. The formula also is thick but not too thick. The brush is decent. Just like those that cost alot more.
Overall, if you are looking for a nice basic coral orange color or are too afraid or sick of the reds, def give this a shot. If you are like me & like to switch up your polishes alot & dont want to spend a fortune on your polish collection, these are pretty great polishes i must say. I will and have repurchased these & will def pick up another Times Square Tangerine since its great year round! Really have enjoyed it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by finnley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you are looking for a classic color that reminds you of the show "mad men" then I would recommend this color. Love the color on my toes and I couldn't pass it up for a buck. Love Love

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by echoflow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't normally wear nail polish, but when I saw this while grocery shopping for only 60 cents, I decided to buy it. I put two coats and it lsok opaque and pretty nice bright orange. I am satisfied with this product nd would love to try another color from the line.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by KathleenS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great red-orange color and looks especially good on my toes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Omg! The perfectest orange-tangerine
Price: ~$2 CAD
Pkg: average
Colour: bright tangerine-y orange hybrid
Finish: glossy crème
Pigmentation: nearly full
It glides on well and looks so good! Great spring/summer colour