April 19, 2014 | 1118 users online

Polishes - New York Color - Long Wearing Nail Enamel - Taxi Yellow Creme 114

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by redcloisonne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I like the color of this polish, but like so many yellows, it's runny and far too sheer for my taste.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by crissy234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought this was a really pretty color in the bottle and since I've haven't had too many problems with NYC polishes before, I decided to give this a try. I think once you get it opaque it's really pretty, however it takes so many coats to get it opaque and then it just looks too thick on my nails. I guess because it was so thick, it also made it chip faster than the other NYC polishes I've tried. If I want to try a yellow color again, I guess I'll have to buy a different brand.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by billa2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Awful Awful nail polish! I bought this on a whim since I didn't own a light yellow nail polish and had never tried NYC polishes before. This was a streaky mess! No matter how many coats I put on it did not become as opaque as I wanted and ended up looking thick and goopy. It also took forever to dry and ended up chipping within the day. STAY AWAY FROM THIS POLISH!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Teenitinytina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It goes on very streaky and it is not opaque at all!!!!!!! I had to apply like 4+ coat to get the colour from the bottle. I dislike it so much and it was the first nail polish that I bought (a long time ago just found it recently, don't know why I kept it). I thought all nail polish was this difficult until I tried other brands. OMG DONOT BUY THIS!!!!!. I also got the polish in fuchsia shock and it is a bit better but I rather buy a more expensive bottle and save all the trouble of extremely vexed application process.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Worst. Polish. Ever.

Chips, poor pigmentation - really had to layer it in, watery and not even a nice yellow. That girl in the picture must have had to put around five coats on...I'm not kidding.
I put on two or maybe even three and it came out to more of a faded yellow/dull gold.

Chipped off within a day or two.

Stayed away ever since.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by misanders

Unlike the picture, this polish is a light yellow. This polish is cheap and now I know why. It's streaky, chips easy, and takes at least 3 coats to get it looking decent. Will start looking for another yellow polish.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by EmeraldEllie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Disappointing.. I really wanted to like this polish because I really liked the color in the bottle, and it was the only nail polish I saw at target when I went (on sale too). The color still is really nice; it's a soft pastel yellow that still stands out but isn't as in-your-face as some other yellows I've seen.

However, the formula sucks. I dunno what went wrong here because I have other nail polishes of the same line in different shades and they weren't this bad. But I had to apply 3 coats just to get an even, non streaky color and it took forever to dry, even though I used opi drip dry on it (which has worked extremely well with other polishes so I know I'm not using it wrong). The polish was gooey and went on unevenly and when it dried it had bubbles.

I gave it 3 stars because I do like the color a lot and despite the formula problems, it hasn't chipped after a couple days (probably because I needed 3 coats) and I do a lot of stuff that requires me to use my hands. I might try to salvage the rest of the bottle with a topcoat, but I doubt I'll buy it again. I'll just invest the $1.50 or whatever I paid towards a better polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Stacy88

idk why so many dot like this nail polish. it applied just fine for me... with a few coats it was perfect and for the price you cant go wrog:) if you be patient with the polish and build on it...maybe 3 coats.. im sure you will be happy and feel better about this nail polish. i didnt find it bad at all and i have 200+ nail polishes

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by vbby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The ingredients in this product are EXTREMELY harmful....

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by nanimav

I love the color, in the bottle and the once in a lifetime chance that I got it to work on my nail. Other than that it's a streaky, goopy mess that I feel I paid a dollar too much for. Oh jeez....