New York Color Long Wearing Nail Enamel - Taxi Yellow Creme 114

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/29/2013 3:51:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I like the color of this polish, but like so many yellows, it's runny and far too sheer for my taste.

on 6/12/2012 5:10:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I thought this was a really pretty color in the bottle and since I've haven't had too many problems with NYC polishes before, I decided to give this a try. I think once you get it opaque it's really pretty, however it takes so many coats to get it opaque and then it just looks too thick on my nails. I guess because it was so thick, it also made it chip faster than the other NYC polishes I've tried. If I want to try a yellow color again, I guess I'll have to buy a different brand.

on 2/24/2012 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Cool

Awful Awful nail polish! I bought this on a whim since I didn't own a light yellow nail polish and had never tried NYC polishes before. This was a streaky mess! No matter how many coats I put on it did not become as opaque as I wanted and ended up looking thick and goopy. It also took forever to dry and ended up chipping within the day. STAY AWAY FROM THIS POLISH!!!!

It goes on very streaky and it is not opaque at all!!!!!!! I had to apply like 4+ coat to get the colour from the bottle. I dislike it so much and it was the first nail polish that I bought (a long time ago just found it recently, don't know why I kept it). I thought all nail polish was this difficult until I tried other brands. OMG DONOT BUY THIS!!!!!. I also got the polish in fuchsia shock and it is a bit better but I rather buy a more expensive bottle and save all the trouble of extremely vexed application process.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Worst. Polish. Ever.

Chips, poor pigmentation - really had to layer it in, watery and not even a nice yellow. That girl in the picture must have had to put around five coats on...I'm not kidding.
I put on two or maybe even three and it came out to more of a faded yellow/dull gold.

Chipped off within a day or two.

Stayed away ever since.

on 6/27/2011 7:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Unlike the picture, this polish is a light yellow. This polish is cheap and now I know why. It's streaky, chips easy, and takes at least 3 coats to get it looking decent. Will start looking for another yellow polish.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Disappointing.. I really wanted to like this polish because I really liked the color in the bottle, and it was the only nail polish I saw at target when I went (on sale too). The color still is really nice; it's a soft pastel yellow that still stands out but isn't as in-your-face as some other yellows I've seen.

However, the formula sucks. I dunno what went wrong here because I have other nail polishes of the same line in different shades and they weren't this bad. But I had to apply 3 coats just to get an even, non streaky color and it took forever to dry, even though I used opi drip dry on it (which has worked extremely well with other polishes so I know I'm not using it wrong). The polish was gooey and went on unevenly and when it dried it had bubbles.

I gave it 3 stars because I do like the color a lot and despite the formula problems, it hasn't chipped after a couple days (probably because I needed 3 coats) and I do a lot of stuff that requires me to use my hands. I might try to salvage the rest of the bottle with a topcoat, but I doubt I'll buy it again. I'll just invest the $1.50 or whatever I paid towards a better polish.

on 8/12/2010 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

idk why so many dot like this nail polish. it applied just fine for me... with a few coats it was perfect and for the price you cant go wrog:) if you be patient with the polish and build on it...maybe 3 coats.. im sure you will be happy and feel better about this nail polish. i didnt find it bad at all and i have 200+ nail polishes

on 4/24/2010 1:17:00 PM

The ingredients in this product are EXTREMELY harmful....

on 1/23/2010 3:55:00 PM

I love the color, in the bottle and the once in a lifetime chance that I got it to work on my nail. Other than that it's a streaky, goopy mess that I feel I paid a dollar too much for. Oh jeez....

Popular Polishes