Trish McEvoy #2B

4.7

on 10/5/2013 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This brush is nothing short of heaven. If you are more familiar with a long-handled blush brush then this brush might take some practice. The density of the brush makes up for its shorter handle. It places just the right amount of powder with precision. Plus, Trish makes her brushes short for a reason: they need to fit inside her ingenious Planners. I love this brush, and reach for no other. In fact, I've given my other blush brushes (Laura Mercier, Chanel) away.

Accolades aside, you must handle this brush differently than you would a longer, less dense brush. First, this brush will pick up a lot of product. You must be gentle when you apply it, limiting application to just the highest part of your cheekbone. You can't use it to sweep color along your cheekbone like you can with a thinner blushes. Second, you cannot clean it in the same way you would a thinner brush. I don't saturate this brush with water and cleanser as the brush is so thick that it will not dry completely. Rather, I use a spray cleaner after each use.

Once you've learned how to properly care for and use this brush, it will soon become your favorite.

on 11/9/2012 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great brush, it's soft on the skin and deposits just the right amount of blush on your face but the shape requires some getting used to.
Overall this is a high quality brush that will last with proper care and delivers results but for the price I think there are some more affordable brushes out there so if something were to happen to this brush I would not repurchase it.

on 8/29/2010 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this after reading reviews on here. I'm not very familiar with flatter designed blush brushes so it took some getting used to. A very soft brush, doesn't scratch my skin or leave hairs on my face as my MAC brushes do. Application of my highly pigmented NARS blushes is much easier... blends beautifully. It doesn't apply to much and makes it easier for me to build color. I really like this brush and will repurchase... although I don't think I will have to.

on 5/7/2010 8:07:00 PM

I have used this brush daily for over 10 years. It has never shed and with the acrylic handle, it still looks great. You do have to be careful because you can pick up too much product. I have tried a few of other blush brushes, but this one has been the best for me. I plan on using it for another 10 years.

on 3/28/2010 7:09:00 PM

Lovely soft brush, one of my softest. I thought it didn't do much but after trying it with a more pigmented blush (both blushes were TM), it does indeed put the colour on well.

on 12/14/2009 5:53:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

As always with TMcEvoy, this is a great quality brush. It has a good basic blusher shape, is lush and full and has a stylish clear acrylic handle. While I find that this does a nice overall job, it's extreme density can be a bit much when applying my darker, more highly pigmented blushes. Even if I dust or blow it off, it still tends to deposit a whole lot of color. It's not a big deal, but I would rather build my color up slowly versus trying to blend it out or remove it after having applied too much. I need to buy something else, like maybe a fan-style brush, to supplement this for applying my darker/pigmented blushes. I still use this quite often though for applying softer blush shades as well as highlight.

This is another staple in my mini planner. This brush provides the perfect amount of blush when swept over the cheeks. As with most of Trish's other brushes, it is soft, luxurious, and an excellent makeup tool.

on 6/23/2008 11:47:00 AM

I love this brush, use it to apply BB blush...so nice, soft and fluffy. Highly recommend!

This brush is luxuriously soft, and distributes colour evenly. Really indulging in this brush right now. Recommended!

on 10/23/2007 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

My HG blush brush. I adore this brush. It gives the sheerest application. Love this.

Popular Makeup Brushes