Philosophy Red Delicious Apple Body Butter

4.4

on 7/24/2007 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this scent. I can't wait for fall because I think I'll use it more then. I like to match the season. This has such a nice feel though!! I like it alot.

on 7/12/2007 8:58:00 AM

This is my first Philosophy product that I'm reviewing so let me preface this by saying I do not know what Philosophy's quality is like normally. I also purchased this on Sephora.com so I did not smell it beforehand.

The Scent: Red Delicious Apple Body Butter is true to it's name -so true that I think it's a bit overwhelming. I like the scent of apples but, and I never thought I'd say this, I don't think the scent of apples that is true to life is all that great. Now, I'll admit that this scent smells better once it's on than while it's in the tub, but truthfully - do you really want to smell like you cut an apple open and spread it's juice all over your body? it's nice, but strong. And for it's strength I expected the scent to last longer.

The Quality of the Moisturizer: "Your skin is incredibly soft!" - my DH. That should say it all right there.

The Packaging: I don't like tubs, but I can deal with them.

Bottom Line: Though more than I want to spend on a moisturizer, the way this makes my skin makes me feel is worth it. I would buy other Body Butters from Philosophy before I purchase this scent again, but overall very nice.

on 5/28/2007 4:05:00 PM

First of all I have to say I am hooked on these body butters, having tried other body butters these are IMO the best, super nourishing and as with everything Philosophy the quality is superb.

I have not used the 3-in-1 so not sure how true the scent of the body butter is to that but, what I do know is the apple body butter smells absolutely divine! A beautiful fresh and clean scent, the cream/butter is a pinkish shade, nice and girly! Leaves the skin super-hydrated.

i think that the 3 in 1 has a better apple scent than this product but i still like this cream. the scent of the 3 in 1 is a strong true apple but i think this is more subtle. the scent lasts for a couple of hours on me, about as long as i had expected it to. it makes my skin very soft and silky and didn't irritate my sensitive skin. i would rebuy this mostly to use after the apple wash.

on 3/18/2007 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love scented body butters but Philosophy usually doesn't have scents that attract me. The Red Delicious Apple Body Butter was an exception. It smelled clean and fresh and yummy. It moisturized my skin nicely and absorbed quickly. I was hoping it would leave a lingering apple scent but it did not. The tub did not last me long either so I will not re-purchase.