October 24, 2014 | 1406 users online

Polishes - Rimmel - Play Fast - Night Before

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2008 8:24:00 PM More reviews by rbrown4

BEAUTIFUL SHADE!!! Nice dark purple with a hint of gold shimmer. Nice alternative from my usual winter time black on my toes.... Wear seems to be ok, but be sure to buff nails and use a good base coat, as this shimmery color shows imperfections like ridges or bumps on the nail plate.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2007 2:48:00 PM More reviews by ceeRennycee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Such an awesome shade of purple and it looks great on my short nails. I can't stop staring at the color in the sunlight. Indoors it's a dark purple but in the sunlight it's a gorgeous plummy purple with hints of gold in it. So pretty, espeically under a coat of SV for lots of shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2007 3:38:00 AM More reviews by Alexis72986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love, love, love this color and apparently everyone else does too because I get compliments on it daily. It lasts a long time as well. I work in an optical lab so any nail polish that puts up with my rough job is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2007 12:57:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I've always liked Rimmel's polishes, and this is no exception. In fact, this new formula is probably better. Night Before is a deepened amethyst shade infused with gold shimmer, and it dries to the exact color you see in the bottle after only two coats. At $4 or $5 CAD, it's a great buy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2007 1:34:00 PM More reviews by ohthatgirl

Rimmel Night Before is a very pretty and near vampy blue based purple with pink shimmer, a definite stunner when the light catches it. I found the polish a breeze to apply and totally opaque with two coats. These new 'Underground' polishes are marketed as 'Play Fast' because they are indeed fast drying but dry with a shine. As this and a couple of other Underground polishes are my first Rimmel's, I can't compare the previous brush but the current ones are somewhat similar to OPI's prowide brush.
Beware: Pic of Toes...and reminants of my last pedi color that I didn't catch until after I took the pick. Sorry. :o/

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2007 9:20:00 AM More reviews by fivezero

Play Fast is Rimmel's new line of quick-dry nail colours. The first collection, 2007's Underground, includes Night Before, a stunning, deep purple shimmer with a touch of dark gold shimmer. I bought nine of the new colours, and am finding that they all apply very well and are completely opaque with two coats. The formula is much better, in my opinion, than that of all Rimmel's previous nail polishes: Play Fast polish applies smoothly (no clumps or goopiness) and dries to a shiny/glossy finish.

The polish does dry quickly, but I found that this did not make it difficult to work with. This is in part due to the new brush deisgn. It's flat and wide (like OPI's new Pro-Wide brush introduced in 2006), making it very easy to apply the polish in just a few quick strokes.

I really like the chic new bottles, too. My only complaint is that the caps, while they are attractive, are kind of slick and difficult to get open (I had to use a rubber band on most of my new ones just to get them open). All in all, though, these new polishes are great quality for the price (I think I paid a little over CAD$4 each) and they're well worth picking up!

Pics:Nails continued >>