September 19, 2014 | 1251 users online

Powder - Kanebo - Total Finish NEW 2006

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Leylani

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this foundation a lot but i take away one lippie b/c i think it is overprized (but it will last you a long time if used correctly). Also, im not at all thrilled with the packaging. That may be b/c i dont use the sponge to apply it with, i get much better result on the application if i use a kabuki or powder brush. It is very important to use just i tiny bit of this product, if you use just a tad too much it doesnt look good and the coverage would be much too heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2008 8:13:00 AM More reviews by mangomanga

very good product!
stay matte for about 5 hours.
some people who said that using this powder made their face looked like a drag queen (fake-too thick), i think it's because of over application.

I'm using the powder for daily use (medium coverage) using a face brush. I've never used it for full coverage but only the medium coverage already covers all my pimple scars and cover up my pimple redness.

the case is separated (the powder and the puff)..
the case is not thick and it has a round shape..
golden silverish colored..

i recommend this product very much.
At first i thought the product is too expensive
*I bought it at ICI PARIS XL (Arnhem, the Netherlands) for 43 euro (13/14 euro for the case & 28/29 euro for the powder)

But after further thoughts the price is actually pretty much the same with shiseido compact powder and dior powder (i used these brands before i use kanebo).

AND! the most important thing for my oily skin is....
it doesn't make more pimple on my face...
it's not making my face oily for 4-5 hours (only the t-zone needed the touch up after 4-5 hours).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 6:32:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

I have mixed feelings for this product.Total Finish is a full coverage powder foundation and when I say full I mean FULL.I think that is the only compact foundation that offers that great coverage.Has equal coverage with the maximum cover from Estee Lauder and maybe more.Has satin finish similar to msf from mac.One other thing that I noticed is that the finish you get with this product its most like a liquid s foundation more than the powdery finish you get from a compact foundation.The shades are a bit problimatic for me I m nc30 and I bought this in tf 203 this is a natural beige coloure quite dark like nc40 I think.The fact that I have oily skin doesnt let me to love this product completly bc I tend to get shiny through the day and it doesnt stays on long time

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2008 11:59:00 PM More reviews by sammers

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Urgh, I was so disappointed in this compact foundation. I had high hopes for it, but the powder just sat on top of my skin. YUCK!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2007 5:11:00 AM More reviews by mia_ow

Most of the liquid/ creamy foundations feel too oily for my combination skin. I have found Kanebo total finish very good, as I think it´s good for oily and dry parts of the face as well. This have been my favourite now for many years. I use shades 203, 204 and 204,5 depending what time it is in the year. But I wish there would be even more shades for light skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2007 4:13:00 AM More reviews by birg

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Since Kanebo hit the European market more than 20 years ago, I only use the Kanebo powder foundations on my face (OK, some infidelities occurred, which I prefer to forget about). So, of course I had to try this newest one, which was available at the Swedish Kanebo desks in August 2006. Exactly like another reviewer, I almost dropped my chin when I saw the price - can a foundation really be worth all that money? Today I know it can. I am since years using the Kanebo Media Powder foundation in Summer Breeze and this color was an exact match for this new powder as well. Now I use both foundations, both are EXCELLENT, stay on all day, do not turn darker as the day goes on. The new Total Finish does have some moisturizing (which the Media does not have), I can use it without moisturizer underneath. It covers very well and gets completey invisible on my skin after a couple of minutes. The sponge is a genius, it reaches every corner of my face. The skin looks very 'real', rested and great, which my real skin never does. I very seldom need a touch-up during the day, and if I do, then a dust of the Media powder does it. Today, almost 9 months after the purchase, I see the bottom of the powder for the first time. I'm sure it will take many months until it is completely finished. So, the answer to my question about it being worth all that money is : definitely YES.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2007 8:53:00 AM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I saw a review about the new Total Finish (released in fall 2006) powder foundation under the old title here, but I am opening a new title to make a distinction between the old line and this new one. I'm not very fond of powder foundations because they are not optimal for drier skins (and especially not for mature skins)...but I liked the old Total Finish (it was for dry skin anyway - and it was rather soft and relatively natural looking. I especially liked it for summer and quick touch ups, but haven't used it often as I prefer liquid or creamy foundations). Well, this new line of Total Finish foundations also claims to be moisturizing (infused with Sensai CP skincare ingredients), not drying...SA told me that she didn't believe that moisturizing claims but has been convinced while she attended the education about the new Kanebo products (new creamy and powder foundations - fall 2006). SA told me something like 'your skin will be better moisturized with this powder on than without it'... 'it is not drying at all/ on the contrary: it is hydrating'... So, I purchased it in no. 12 Summer Breeze (11, 12, 13, 14 are cooltoned/ pinkbased, but without obvious rose pigment except the lightest no.11, and 21, 22, 23, 24 are warmtoned/yellowtoned). Well: first of all - I don't see that it is moisturizing. Don't believe the claims that this powder can add/infuse moisture into your skin! You should have a very good moisturizing base under it, but it is still a bit drying for me (the old Total Finish was less drying, it was softer on the skin!) and it is a bit heavy to blend it properly. Color turns more yellow than it should be for a cooltoned color. It gives a nice luminous glow for the first hour or couple of hours, than it become a bit artificial, obviously a powdery/masky looking, not natural...I don't like the sponge, it is almost useless (I don't like this 'half-moon' shape and find it unpractical, too small, I would prefer a round sponge)... All in all, the foundation is not bad if you don't listen the moisturization claims. I wouldn't say that it 'adds' moisture, no way. It is a regular powdery foundation; if you like this kind of foundation then try it. If you can find a proper color for you - great... It is good for a quick makeup and for touchups, but better for normal or combination skins, not for dry skin I think...If you have dry or mature skin use liquid or creamy foundations. It gives a good coverage (but still medium, semi-transparent, not a full coverage).