August 28, 2014 | 845 users online

Lip Gloss - Smashbox - LipGloss *general*

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by olystacy

I bought the Smashbox Toki Doki "dolcissima" lip gloss and am not real impessed. The design on the packaging chipped and wore off after just a few weeks.

The lip gloss itself does not have a lot of staying power and needs to be reapplied after about 30 minutes.

The texture, smell, and color are nice but I hate lip gloss that has such limited staying power.

Would not buy again unless it was on a huge sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2010 7:01:00 AM More reviews by MSMKUP

The lipgloss I have is a very pinky nude color. I love this lipgloss and it's thick and easy to apply. My only complaint is that it fades out pretty quickly and everything sticks to it. The colors are great though and in my opinion looks good on all skintones. These are also great for a casual non dramatic lip.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by JoSummers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

These lip glosses really seem to last. I wore one of them on my wedding day and only had to reapply after eating and drinking. Also they are not too sticky or uncomfortable to wear. I like that they come in a variety of styles, some are sheer with shimmer, others are velvety smooth color. I prefer the doe foot applicator by far to the brush applicator, as the brush hairs seem to get stuck on the edge of the bottle when I put the applicator back in and eventually get bent up permanently, which is ugly and annoying. But the lipgloss itself is awesome, if a bit pricey.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by frannylovesyou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got two Smashbox lipglosses from Ulta for $10, in the shade's Luster and Pout. Luster is a pretty, sheer lipgloss with loads of gold glitter, and it looks very nice on. It's definitely one of my favorite lipglosses. When I originally purchased them, I was excited to try out Pout, as it is a very pretty, bubblegum pink shade. Unfortunately, it applies pretty sheer as well, and doesn't look as pink on as it does in the tube. I still like it and wear it often, but I was disappointed with the color payoff of that particular lipgloss. I have no complaints about Luster, though!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 6:27:00 PM More reviews by SamWood

I love this stuff! Comes in so many nice colours and shades and is smooth on the lips and doesn't dry them out. I get all mine on ebay for way cheaper than the stores so I have a ton of them! best lip gloss I've tried so far. Even beat out my NARS one which when on I had to reapply every 20 mins or it would be gone or dried up on my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by dianaec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Beauty and it's a gorgeous color. In the tube it looks like a tropical fruity coral - on the lips the color is true. I'm a tanned olive and find most lip glosses read as sheer on me (besides MAC) - this one doesn't.

As for lip enhancing, I'm not sure. But the color is awesome! Especially for tanned olive skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by nygrlnca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this lip enhancing lipgloss! The colors are great and seem to go with my NC44 skin. This gloss is not sticky and conditions my lips. This is my my new favourite!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by littlepickle

I have 'Stylist' which is a coral-pink shade, very lovely as a nude although the gold sparks in this may not suit everyone's tastes. It's non sticky and glides on, the wear is a little more than the average lip gloss but not much. Don't know if I would need to buy this again as I have quite a few similarly coloured lip glosses, but it is really nice to use, so I'll give it the thumbs up anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 5:27:00 PM More reviews by msCullen8685

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in 'Expose' which is a sort of nudish pink, with very subtle shimmers. It comes in a very sleek, thin tube with a matte black cap, and it looks different from the picture. I LOVE the applicator...it's a brush that makes application very easy. It doesn't have a taste and the smell is very unnoticable - sorta vanilla-y.
It gives a very natural, long wearing gloss that i find to be moisturising as well. I really like this and would definately repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by lovemakeup2

I got a mini size lip gloss in Pout in a Sephora Try Me kit. The gloss is pretty on my lips - a light pink shade. I liked the color. But, then after a few minutes of having it on, my lips started to hurt. Not sure why, but this happens to me with several other brands as well. Too bad too because I did like the color. Back to Chanel and BE I go.