Bobbi Brown Brightening Lip Gloss - Peach

4.3

on 11/27/2012 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is simply the best lip gloss I've ever tried. As others have pointed out, it has a beautiful pearly shine that really makes lips look fuller, without having any garish glitter that looks ridiculous on anyone who's not a teenager. I have thin lips so I place my lip liner slightly outside my actual lip line to cheat a little bit, and with this gloss on top, the effect is more natural and believable than anything else I've tried. The peach color is gorgeous -- subtle, perfect for every day, but noticeably warms up my whole face. The staying power is the best I've found. I know some find the thick and somewhat sticky texture off-putting, but I actually prefer it b/c it seems to make the gloss last so long! Love this!

on 1/22/2012 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

My new favorite! I have been looking for a great gloss that makes my lips look natural but better and this is it! The pearliness makes my lips look better and its perfect for an everyday look. Only complaint is that it is slightly stick but it lasts much longer than most glosses. I will definitely be purchasing more colors.

on 10/14/2011 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Love this lipgloss! I just got it in the new packaging, so it has the new applicator (which is far superior to the old brush tip). It's such a pretty color. Would compliment every skin tone.

Why haven't I done a review of this before? This is definitely my HG lip gloss. It's perfect, a beautiful color that matches any skin tone and can go over ANY lipstick or liner. I use it by itself, and it is the longest lasting lip gloss I've ever used. I'm talking 3-4 hours! It's a chic and elegant color, with a moisturizing and slightly sticky texture.

on 8/26/2008 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I know I am in the minority here but I was really surprised to find that I don't like this gloss. I have tried it over other lip colors including a beige lipstick that it was recommended to use over and the effect was less than I had expected. There isn't really too much color and it was not warm enough for me. This is a really pearly gloss and it ends up looking too unnatural on me. I also didn't think it made my lips look any fuller than any other shiny light reflecting lip gloss. Several times now I have almost completed my look and then slicked this on because it looks so pretty in the tube and thought "crap I should have stopped while I was ahead." When I use this now I only apply a tiny bit on the center of my bottom lip and can't help but think that a $5 lipgloss would do just as well.

on 8/12/2008 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

love it!! dont like the brush!

on 5/12/2008 4:16:00 PM

Very pretty gloss. Alone, it's not a vivid peach -- more just a pearly lip enhancer -- so if you want the peach to pop, you have to wear it over a nude lipstick. I docked it one star for that because I prefer more pigment in my glosses. The brush kind of sucks too, I frequently bend back the little nylon bristles. However, it has a pleasant taste and is really super shiny and long-lasting, which most glosses aren't.
$19 for a tiny 4.2g tube. continued >>

on 3/20/2008 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This was a pretty meh gloss for me. It does have a great pearly shine but its a little too sticky for me and pretty expensive for what you get.

on 8/14/2007 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love the BB lip gloss colors so I was intrigued by this product...went to Nordstrom's today and tried it on over my Warm Peach BB lip gloss (that color's LE, waaaah) and absolutely loved it! Yes, the brush is not the best but the effect is fantastic -- a nice sophisticated glow that really makes your lips look fuller, and compliments the color you already have on. I have not tried it alone yet, but I get the distinct sense that this is not to be worn alone. I recommend applying a dab to the center of your bottom lip, nothing more. This eliminates the need for one of those nasty lip plumpers. The saleswoman told me that this was part of the regular BB line, but the BB website says that this is LE...WHY do all of BB's best products always turn out to be LE? Is she trying to torture us?!!? If all else fails, I will save some of my tube and send it in to Three Custom Color...small gripes aside, this is a lovely product for anyone who wants to add dimension to their lipcolor without the nasty glitter more suitable for a middle school student.

on 7/3/2007 5:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love it! In a world full of glitterized lip glosses that look best only on the under-20 set, it's so nice that Bobbi Brown is acknowledging that there is another market that loves gloss 'without' the glitter. That being said, this lip gloss applies, tastes, and feels much like all of BB's lipglosses: brush application, vanilla/chocolate taste, sticky finish. The true beauty of this gloss is that way that it looks. It has an opalescent quality to it that is just gorgeous. Absolutely no glitter or even shimmer chunks. Pigment is basically absent though, so if you are looking to add pigment to your lips, you would have to apply this 'over' your favorite matte lipstick. I own both the peach and pink color in this... and I can hardly tell the difference between the two when they are on my lips. If you are looking for a pearly gloss void of chunky glitter and unprofessional uber-shimmer... this is sure to be your best friend! I really hope that this line is a perm. addition to the BB make-up line.

Popular Lip Glosses