September 16, 2014 | 1765 users online

Lipstick - L'Oreal - Colour Riche - Tropical Coral

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

OK LOVE this! I just tried out another tube of this formula in the Privee Collection (Jennifer's Nude) and really like it in spite of the smell.

So I thought I'd experiment a little and bought this gorgeous toned down coral and it's magnificent. For reference I'm a NC 15-20 which means pale and golden undertone. I'm a redhead with the freckles and redness in my skin that goes along with that as one ages unfortunately. I think this is a GREAT shade for redheads and warm tones.

It's coral but not a screechy one. It's got the sheerness of a Chanel whcih I love. It's a slightly browned down coral, toned down enought that is just adds a bit of life to my face but still fairly neutral. The pictures above are very close to what it does on my lips. I also have Coralberry by Revlon which I also love and that one is louder pinky coral and more opaque than this. This is the sheer ladylike version that you can wear year round. Coralberry is best with a tan in summer but this has a classic muted coral vibe that can go year round.

Has a slight sheen to it, not quite silvery but not golden either. Very attractive. I'm not a fan of metallic finishes or even pearl finishes, but this isn't quite that finish, it's like a cream only a tad more life to it.

The tube is the standard square which doesn't roll which I love. No fear this will roll off the bathroom counter at work or home nosediving to it's germy death on the floor! That is a VERY good design in my humble opinion.

Yes it has that disgusting L'Oreal smell. Perfumey, not rotten, just perfume but it doesn't make me itch or give me an asthma attack so I'm ok with that and it wears off after a short while.

It is supremely moisturizing and doesn't bleed off into my 58 year old lip lines.

Lasts 3-4 hours but needs reapplication after meals or drinks but most good lipsticks do. I hate the lip paint ones that do the outlast thing because they often parch me. This doesn't. The moisture lasts longer than the colour, about 4 to 6 hours on my lips.

as for buying it again, I did it already, I don't want this one to run out on me and for my favourites I like to have one in my purse and one on my dressing table. Next sale I hit, I will buy 2 more for spares in case they discontinue it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 4:22:00 AM More reviews by mizsassy

I love this lipstick! I guess this is one of those hit or miss items depending on your skin tone and lip color. It's a peachy-pink color on my lips and has a creamy finish. I did not notice any frost like some reviewers claimed, but i did notice a slight golden sheen, in a good way because it seems to help brighten up my face. It gives me a very chic but sweet look, perfect for everyday use. The golden packaging imo is very classy looking, only drawback is that when I tried to touch up after dinner today the "twist" was not very smooth, but I'll give it a week because it might be because the tube is still very new. For reference I am a shade NC 35 in MAC studio fix, and Golden Beige in Revlon Colorstay. This will become a staple item in my makeup bag from now on! I will be uploading a picture the next time I wear it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Jackie0219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

FROSTY!!! This looks terrible on me, I'm NC25/NC30 for reference (which translates to light-medium with light yellow undertones). I love how it looks in the tube, creamy dark peach with a hint of shimmer but once applied the frost really stands out. If this lippie had less frost it would be gorgeous, I'd easily pick it over a pricier one :)

Overall, I love L'Oreal lippies and will continue to buy them, just not this one!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by duboryu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a great color (more pink than orange) for work as the other reviewer pointed out. The finish is creamy not glossy and it doesn't dry out my lips. Only complaint i have is it leaves dark lipstick mark on cups.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by payjark

Not a big coral lip buyer, but I bought this a few months ago and just not started wearing it. Its a great coral lip that isn't overly vibrant or in your face which I prefer for corals. Only complaint is the frost that it gives my lips if I apply too much...but that can be fixed by simply dabbing some tissue on my lips to remove a bit of the product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this WOULD be a really great lippie but the frost, ohhh the FROST!!! how come nobody has mentioned this? its so frosty it reflects a metallic "blue" tinge off my pigmented lips! the color is gorgeous though, a perfect pinky peach, definitely gives my NC42 face a pick me up. i just cannot, ever, no way no how, do FROST. when i opened the cap i suspected it and sure enough, frost :( it also smells like lipsticks i wore when i was 16, plastic-ish. smells really do take you back in time ;) so 2 stars for the wonderful color (not the frost) & opaqueness but thats it. returning!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Oh my, I am SO glad I got this!! I bought it on Target.com and it was $6. GREAT deal. (Cheaper than store I think) This is a true coral, which is like a peachy pink/orange, but it almost has a tad brown in it. This is sophisticated, natural yet has a slight sheen and shimmer, perfect for work. I loved it from the first application. The only drawback is, yes, the smell is weird. I don't notice a taste though. I really love it!

Added 2 swatch pictures, hope it helps! But as an update, I have so many corals now I think I could pass on getting this again. But it's nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Tropical coral is a medium shinny coral.it goes on smoothly,last verry long,perfect for summer! It goes well with: purple,rose-gold,coral,orange-gold,nude eye shadows. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2012 4:46:00 AM More reviews by iamandaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

great color for the spring/summer time! great packaging , doesnt have the cheap lipstick smell and great pigmentation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by kraftykaitie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This lipstick is a summer staple for me. It is the most stunning and sophisticated, yet fun, shade I have ever found. The formula is amazing and lasts for ages without drying my lips. There is a bit of a sheen to this shade, but I almost hesitate to even call it a shimmer, because it is so fine. I've never found a lipstick with a finish exactly like this. It's a definite must-have and repurchase! :)