April 19, 2014 | 1745 users online

Mascara - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega Plump Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by victoriahokan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not going to lie, hated this product at first. The formula is dry and not wet like usual mascaras. However, by the second day, I realized my eyelashes looked amazing. The curls of my eyelashes stayed in place. I'm asian and i have very stubborn eyelashes. Price is great as well! I also forgot to mention i purchased the waterproof one! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2013 9:16:00 AM More reviews by ebbykins

BLARGH!!! Dry, no volume, at first I thought, okay, so this is a drier "building" mascara that needs more coats, but no... it required me using a different mascara over top in the end to get even minimal volume. NO. JUST NO. Stick with Cover Girl Lash Blast for cheapie volume building or Volumous.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by staci13

I bought this on a whim, CVS was having one of their sales buy1 get 1 50% off like they always do, and I thought what the hell. I haven't tried a Wet and Wild mascara since I was a teenager and that was when both the packaging and quality left a lot to be desired. This product is just further proof that Wet N Wild is steppin' it up and giving the much pricier brands a run for their money. The packaging is cute, and attractive, it's functional and not oddly shaped or too bulky. I like the brush a lot, I always prefer a nice and full spoolie type brush applicator as opposed to the hard silicone-spikey ones, (those actually hurt to use). I have blonde eyelashes and I like to make sure everything is nicely coated. I liked the longevity of the wear, it stayed put! It seems fine to wear with contacts, didn't cause any burning or irritation. However, it wasn't plumping. But whatever, for the price I can't complain.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by yumsworth

I do not understand the low rating too! I love this product! They make my eyelashes looking fabulously natural! I usually wear Benefit "they're real" but this one is a good alternative if i just want a subtle look. It doesn't clump my lashes which i really like. My only complain is that i feel like there is not much product in the tube. I've only used it a couple of times and it looks like it's about empty.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 4:29:00 AM More reviews by brilliantcat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't understand all the poor ratings. I decided to replace the L'oreal I'd been using because they are NOT cruelty-free. I did take off one lippie because this is supposed to be a super-volumizing formula and it just isn't. However, it applied well in one coat without using an eyelash curler and doesn't feel "crunchy". If anything, my lashes feel soft. No flaking either. I have sensitive eyes and I'm not noticing any irritation. Basically it gives my lashes a nice, natural look. I will be looking for something else for my dramatic eye looks, but this is a keeper for a natural eye.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This product has a lot of negative reviews, but I had such a good experience that I wonder if it's a quality control issue.

I usually buy Cover Girl mascara, but was away from home without it. I didn't want to spend the $9 or so for CG, so I got this one. It's great, actually. It lengthens, thickens, and colors my lashes really dark black. I don't think it stays on as well as CG (i.e., forever), which is why I'm not switching permanently. But it's pretty good! Especially for the price.

I would definitely purchase again because I believe in switching out mascara tubes frequently for sanitary purposes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by rockmom66

Quite possibly the worst mascara I have ever used. I understood when I bought it not to expect to much, but I did expect something. There is nothing Mega or Plump about this product. Little girl toy makeup kits probably have better mascara. I could have done better with a Sharpie marker !

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

O.K., my H.G. Mascara is Lancome Definicils Waterproof but it WAS Cover Girl Marathon Mascara (waterproof) before they quit making it so I'm not giving Wet 'n Wild Mega Plump Mascara a negative review because I'm a Mascara snob, I'm giving it a negative review because this is possibley the WORST performing mascara that I have EVER tried!
I like a truly bulletproof waterproof mascara and loved Marathon Mascara by Cover Girl (in the same price range) until it was discontinued. I LOVE Wet 'n Wild nail polishes, they ARE utterly bulletproof. So, when I saw Mega Plump Waterproof Mascara on sale (BOGO, no less), I grabbed up two tubes of this with no reservations. I mean, at 2 for $5.99, I didn't have much to lose.

Well, I lost $5.99, plus tax. because, I could NOT get this mascara to go ON my eyelashes. I tried application after application and it does practically NOTHING. It doesn't seem to flake off, it just never goes ON! I tried working on application for a good 15 minutes (because I am determined) and nothing happened. My eyelashes got a LITTLE darker (ON VERY BLACK, no less) and looked a little spidery. Not at ALL plump.

I checked the tube and wand. The product was not dry. It just did nothing.

So I grabbed my Lancome Hypnose waterproof in brown out of my cabinet, applied about two coats and had instant thick long visible lashes....opened Wet 'n Wild tube to trash, unopened one I'll put up for swap. If this works for someone, great...you can have it.

Oh, a post script, I really did NOT just try this once. I don't give up that easily. I tried three or four times before actually just plain giving up and throwing it away.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2012 8:39:00 AM More reviews by sby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yikes! Those Spikes! No plumping at all. Zero volume. Tossed this immediately.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by seaspray2242

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

Worst mascara ever. It didn't even stay on my eyelashes, it flaked off, and just was a waste of time and money. It clumped, flaked and didn't even lengthen or 'plump' my eyelashes. Hell, it barely even turned them black (I bought the 'blackest black' color). And the price, $9! I wouldn't even pay 1 penny for that terrible mascara. Defenatly not recommended.