April 18, 2014 | 1822 users online

Polishes - Rimmel - Underground Play Fast Nail Polish in Hard Edged

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2011 9:07:00 AM More reviews by daniellealexandra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Found this little beauty in Poundland and it's a deep purple almost black/brown colour.

I reccommend wearing this over a black coat for maximum effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2007 7:02:00 PM More reviews by jboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This polish is great and is perfect for winter. The color is a deep purple with very pretty flecks of gold/bronze. With 2 coats and a top coat it lasted REALLY well....no chipping or peeling. This nail polish is great quality and the color is wonderful and complex, I highly recommend this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2007 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Rhinestoner

This is a not-quite-black black polish. It's a great spin on the trendy black. It gleams gold, purple and teal in various lights and at various angles. I agree with the reviewers that say it looks brownish in the daylight - it's the gold sparkle that makes it seem brown. Don't worry though, it's umistakeably black. I love the quick drying time of these polishes and the finish the polishes give you. Rimmel has managed to get the polishes to dry mirror-smooth without grit. Fantastic! Small bottles are a plus, the polish doesn't get clumpy before you've made a good dent in the bottle like some of the larger bottles out there. The brush is pretty good, I haven't experienced any bubbling or streaking. I couple all my polishes with a top coat, so lasting power is great. I gave myself a pedicure a week and a half ago and my toe nails are still mirror-smooth and shiny. The key, as with all polishes, is to let the varnish dry completely. This quick-drying gem is amazing. This is for sale for under $3 at Wal-Mart in Canada, but I've seen it priced as high as almost $6 at other drug stores.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2007 4:40:00 AM More reviews by DarleneAlene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I LOOOOOVE this nail polish! It is perfect for this Fall season. I have received many compliments on already and is a great alternative to black polish (made popular last Fall/Winter season). To me, it doesn't really look like a brown but a really deep purple. It dries fast and is an incredible value for the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2007 11:43:00 AM More reviews by LylaLeah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am in love with Rimmel's new PlayFast underground polishes.
Rave dries extremely quickly to a shiny/glossy finish. The brush design is flat and wide which makes it very easy to apply the polish in a few quick strokes. The formula isn't clumpy or goopy so it makes it easy to give yourself a professional looking manicure or pedicure. This stuff dries so fast that I was waiting around after doing my nails trying not to mess them up when I jammed my hand in something 5 minutes after applying and expected my nail to be damaged but they were completly dry so I am quite impressed!
Also, the next day after I applied this polish I went on a long and strenous hike in Whistler, B.C. where you need to climb over rocks and grab onto branches and dirt to make your way up the steep mountain. There is a part where you need to grab onto metal chains to prevent falling off the mountain and climb up ladders etc. While I may have been dirty, my nails were in great shape and no chipping whatsoever!!! Quite impressed. This never would happen with Revlon polish. Two-three coats is all you need for gorgeous nails.

Hard Edged is a bold and chic blackened purple with lots of dark purple, brown, red, plum shimmer with green and gold popping through in the right lighting. It is beautiful, unique and I am quite happy to have this colour in my collection (which is basically all nude pinks and a few bright reds so if I can get into this shade, anyone can)
You can see a number of pictures on my site here: http://beautyconfessions.blogspot.com/2007/09/berry-nice.html

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2007 12:49:00 PM More reviews by vintagefire15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

pretty color. kind of dull after a few days without a top coat though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2007 11:27:00 PM More reviews by zombiekitten87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

In the bottles, hard edged is sort of unassumeing. On your hands, its bold, clever, and chic. Lots of reds and browns in this one, with green and gold lying in wait to surprise you in the right lighting. It does indeed dry relatively quickly and 2 or 3 coats should do ya!
about $3.00 for 0.4 fl oz

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2007 8:58:00 PM More reviews by DinahT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is such a gorgeous color! it's a dark plum with red shimmer and with a brownish/black undertone. the brush is great--very easy to apply and not at all streaky. if you love dark, vampy colors, you definitely need to add this to your np stash. really gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2007 5:33:00 PM More reviews by faeawynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this today and had to put it on over my current bright red opi polish in the car. I love this color! It was a little thicker then I was expecting but once I got the hang of the new brush it really goes on like a dream. I have never been a fan of brown polish on my hands, I wear to much black ;). But this is now changing my mind about brown! I love how it is almost a plum greenish highers in a black/brown base. I can see this making its way into my normal red or black polish runs. Two coats go on smoothly and dark, I also did a base coat and a top coat to help maintain the life of the polish. Will be buying more!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2007 11:22:00 PM More reviews by AUDREYNICOLE

This is my new HG dark polish. It is a beautiful shimmery dark brown. Great coverge with only 2 coats and long lasting. Great price. Will definately re-buy over and over again!