October 21, 2014 | 1990 users online

Polishes - Rimmel - Lasting Finish - Black Cherries

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by Maree21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous deep plum/black colour with a slight purple/gold iridescent finish. Colour compliments my fair-medium yellow based complexion better than any other making it my favourite nail colour!

THE DISAPPOINTMENT: This polish has a crap formula, just like all other Rimmel polishes that I have tried. I have gone through about 4 bottles of this polish because the formula becomes gluggy and impossible to use after sitting in a drawer for a few months. Formula also chips easily so my DIY manicure lasts about three days.

I was hoping that Revlon Vixen would be a close dupe however it is less pigmented, more red-based than purple, and has a crème finish rather than an iridescent one.

Brush is good and formula applies easily and smoothly for first few uses. I will continue to buy until I find a close colour dupe with a better formula

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Bindi7

I thought this was the 60 seconds range but realised when i got home that it wasn't. Really glad i made the mistake though as this polish is gorgeous. Lasts 5 days easy and the colour is exactly as described - black cherries - a lovely dark purply brown. Really nice colour for winter & the party season. Recommend to all of you who love darker polishes that do not chip so easily x

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2010 11:22:00 AM More reviews by patpatpatpat

I think they've changed the formula since the last review. The name of the product I'm reviewing is called I "heart" Lasting Finish in Black Cherries and it's great! My Nails Inc. in Victoria had become thick and was binned so I needed a replacement and thought the colour was close enough. I actually prefer this Rimmel one. It last well enough, at least 5 days without chipping. I also find it flows well and removes easily. It's surprisingly good for such a cheap nail polish! Not sure about the other colours in the same line, but I'll definitely buy this one again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2009 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Foxay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was looking a lovely rich deep colour nail polish for my toes. This ticks some boxes. I like the colour, it goes on ok though I find it definately needs at least 2 coats. Wears well-no chips on painted toes, stays on until I take it off (which is an absolute nightmare with it being so dark).

I think perhaps this is too dark for my skin tone (very fair-whiter than white feet!)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2009 5:12:00 AM More reviews by Triquetra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hmm, not a fan of this one. I normally use Orly & professional products, and in comparison this super cheap product was rather thick and difficult to "flow" across the nail.

The colour is great, a deep black/purple with a metallic sparkle to it, but the polish was chipping within 24 hours on my nails. You would definitely need apply 2 coats, as one coat was quite streaky - this isn't an issue for me, as I normally apply 2 coats anyway.

I will use this polish occasionally, but won't be re-purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2007 7:09:00 AM More reviews by x3fairie

dirt cheap baby! i usually pay $20AUD for opi nail colour and that usually chips away by the end of the week and i dont really like the consistency of opi nail lacquers aswel. i did however fall inlove with this nail polish. its my all time favourite colour. makes crappy nails look fabulous and whenever its on my hands i feel amazing. yes i know im strange haha. but yes truely a great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2007 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Faster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful colour - hard to describe...but Black Cherries is pretty accurate. Looks great against pale skin, dries quickly to a nice shiny finish. This is also a pretty chip resistant polish - i have had it on my toenails for over 2 weeks with out chips!!! for under 5euros - this is a steal. I *love* it.