Prosacea

3.7

Active Ingredients: Sulphur 1x (Rosacea/Acne Treatment Gel) Inactive Ingredients: Acrylates, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Diazolidinyl Urea, Lactose, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Triethanolamine, Water

on 5/23/2015 8:25:00 PM

I had so much hope for this product after reading oodles of good reviews from it on amazon. At first it seemed to work, it flattened my rosacea but then after 2 days of applying it my skin just got redder and more irritated.
If you want to buy this from me contact me.

I am trying Accutane next!

on 5/5/2015 10:09:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

good grief, WHY didn't my dermatologist tell me about this stuff??????? I have been suffering for months, tried metrogel and finacea and clindamycin and clenziderm and still no great improvement. One night of prosacea and Mario badescu's buffering lotion (both have sulfur in them which helps kill the mites) and my skin looks much better, just one red spot left on my right cheek, and my pores look smaller. not perfect but the best my skin has been in 5 months. also, you might want to look at the rosacea forum online, very helpful.

on 11/13/2014 9:43:00 PM

I bought this just over a week ago because I was so fed up and at my wits end. I have had no issues with my skin since I was a teenager (I'm 32 now) and even then it was nothing major. Then out of the blue this summer i broke out with what looked like a rash on my forehead. I figured it was from the heat but it wouldn't go away. I tried benzagel and cortisone cream. Nothing was working. It just got worse and started to go down the side of my face. I ended up at the Dr, who thought it may be rosacea because she thought she could see some broken blood vessels on my cheek. (I've always had rosey cheeks) she gave me metrogel...which made everything so much worse. My entire face now has this rash like redness (looked like pimples but it wasn't). I stopped it after 3 months. By this time you could really see redness and blood vessels on my cheeks, along with what looked like little red Bumps, and my forehead looked all broken out. It was especially bad after washing my face and showering, to the point i would shower at
Night and have to wash my face in the morning HOURS before I was going out, to make Sure there was lots of time for my face to calm down. It would come and go all day long, suddenly looking red and rashly and broken out.
I was at a loss at what to do and so upset over how much worse it kept getting. I noticed after I took Tylenol one day for a headache, all the redness would go away and my skin would totally look fine. It was very strange And I was confused about what to do. After looking online I kept coming across peosecea and thought at this point, I had nothing to lose. So I bought a tube at Walmart (was around $14 for a tiny tube). I tested in on my forehead only because I read all the reviews of people saying it really dried out their skin. I will say my skin is on the oily side (especially recently), but this didn't dry me out AT ALL. After I put it on my skin felt a bit stiff but wasn't major. The smell was so minimal it didn't bother me at all...wouldn't have even noticed it if I hadn't read reviews saying it had a bad smell. Anyways, after using it on my forehead for a Few days, it totally cleared up my forehead. I mean completely cleared it up. I was shocked.
So I started using it on my cheeks, and the same thing. Within a few days the same thing, totally cleared up. It's been just over a week and my skin looks almost as good as it did before this all started. All the redness is gone, the red bumps Are gone.
I haven't changed my diet or anything (I read certain foods can trigger rosacea). I haven't been to a Dr again to get a formal diagnosis but I'm sure I do have rosacea...it seemed to get aggravated by any type of heat. But since I've been using prosecea I've been totally fine.
I know not everyone will have the same experience but I wanted to share mine. I've never written a review before but felt I needed to for anyone else who may be going through the same thing. I would 100% say this is worth a try!!

on 7/5/2014 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Nothing I've found so far is a miracle cure for rosacea. However, this product is the best topical I've tried so far. I think it slighly reduces redness when used daily. And at this point, "slightly" is better than nothing. I use it at night, as I'm doubtful its gel consistency would wear well under makeup. The product on its own is not moisturizing and in fact is a bit drying, so on top of it, I slather a moisturizer. I also apply it first thing in the morning, in the 2 hours or so before shower and makeup, as I've found it has some marginal benefit at that time, too.

on 4/11/2014 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I didn't like this. I wanted an alternative to my Finacea rx, mild rosacea and mild acne. After a week, I had to turn back to Finacea. This made me very red and broke me out. At least there was no irritation.

on 3/28/2014 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have moderate rosacea with papules and I think this was too drying on my skin. It drastically reduced redness but did nothing for the papules. My oily skin turned into a peely mess.

on 3/17/2014 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've always had a freckly, kind of ruddy skin tone, but fair. as I got older, I started being prone to redness on my chest and neck. Just within the last six months it's turned into full on rosacea complete with patches of those red, itchy bumps. I did get a prescription cream from my dermatologist, but after a week there was little change, and it was a little oily... I was afraid it would damage my clothes. I tried prosacea and after two days I'm almost completely clear...it's a significant change. No oily finish, either. I do notice a slight sulfer smell when I'm active and start sweating... I can live with that. Was surprised at how small the tube was. I'm using it twice a day, so it probably won't last long.

on 10/25/2013 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using Prosacea on and off for about 3 years after buying it on a whim. I am currently back on.

Background: I have a patch of what was diagnosed to be mild rosacea on my right cheek only. The dermo had me on minocycline for a year when I was younger to reduce the inflammation/redness and after the year I still have slight bumps attributed to scarring from having rosacea that long. I was given a prescription topical cream but it dried my skin out so I stopped using it. I tend to have flare ups in extreme heat and after a night out.

It has proved to be a very good controller of my rosacea. With regular use at night, I find that it will be very rare to ever get a flare up. It has kept the redness at bay on my cheek. I thought my moving to a drier, colder climate had been the real cause of change, but I stopped using it for one summer, and noticed I had frequent flare ups before just starting to use it again.

I have not noticed that there has been any reduction in the bumps, just redness.

Final verdict: For the price, you should buy and try.

For $14CAD it will last me almost 5 months with a small dab being used every night.

on 10/25/2013 7:50:00 AM

I suppose for such a small tube, this is somewhat pricey, but I guess it's better than Rx prices. I don't know if I have Rosacea or not, I went to my GP about it, and he said basically to suck it up, stop complaining, I just have sensitive skin and to ignore it. So I did. And things got so much worse, nothing helps, nothing covers up the red spots and eruptions. I tried this product last night and it seems to be helping already. As for the smell, maybe my nose is completely not working because I don't think it's "nauseating," maybe a bit strong, but not too bad. Plus, don't use a "pea-sized" amount. Just a tiny bit! Already seeing improvement. Not going back to that jerk of a GP anymore! I think this is Rosacea. Will get second opinion but in meantime, this stuff seems to be helping.

on 9/21/2013 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

So one day I was at the drugstore buying band-aids and I saw this stuff. Why do they stock it next to bandaids instead of with the skincare? I have no idea. But it was relatively cheap and I had never tried it, so I grabbed a package. I've been using it for a few weeks now once a day before bed, and it has some good and some bad.

First - the good. This has completely healed all my skin eruptions. I have mild rosacea, with persistent redness and fairly recently started to develop some papules and pustules, yuk. This product healed every one, and no new ones have formed, even during my period when I usually get a little hormonal acne. I am continuing to apply it to the effected areas and the marks are fading much faster than if I did nothing. It is a clear gel in a squeeze tube. I'd prefer a pump, but a squeeze tube is ok.

Now, the bad. This is very drying and irritating. I have to use a creme type moisturizer on top, and I am using my Guerlain SOS Serum underneath. That allows me to use this product and get very good results, but the product should be formulated so that is not required. It has a faint sulphur scent, but it's no where near as bad as various prescription sulphur products that I have used. It did not seem to help patches of persistent redness so I use it only on the areas where I get breakouts. This should also work as an acne spot treatment - but again make sure you use a moisturizer on top as soon as the gel dries.

Bottom line - not a perfect product, but nevertheless an effective one for treating rosacea breakouts. I will repurchase.

Popular Treatments (Face)